Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That drunken pilot one pisses me off because the name of the guy is Jack Daniel. The s is possessive: Jack Daniel's whiskey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Goddamn but the Soviet Union is alive in the hearts of cartoonists.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

Man I bet if we brought back jousting people would find it shocking and immoral

Better analogy would be what if we brought back fox tossing?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_tossing

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Unemployment is down, but the jobs people are getting aren't the ones they want. The number isn't the end all be all and this is a big reason the last election went how it did.

It's still a bullshit cartoon but I wish the "this is fine"-ing about the unemployment number would get a little more nuanced.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

Look at 'em all with their tongues out licking their lips and everything. This is JRRose's post-inauguration comment.

JRRose is too much of a caricature to hate.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Vib Rib posted:

Also unironically comparing Trump to George Washington.

When Washington was president and residing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania had a law stating that slaves residing in the state for a certain period of time could legally free themselves. To get around this, Washington kept continually rotating his house slaves between the President's Mansion and his plantation in Virginia, never allowing them to stay in Pennsylvania long enough for the law to apply. He kept this up for years.

What I'm saying is that, like Washington, Trump enjoys and freely uses legal loopholes to protect his personal wealth. A Valid Comparison.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Chard posted:

But on the gripping hand, maybe next time we'll get to see him get hit with a brick. Stop being an apologist for fascists.

Holy poo poo I didn't know we had Motie posters.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I enjoyed that Ted Rall cartoon.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Trapezium Dave posted:

David Rowe, on :australia: STRAYA DAY :australia: :

Bill Leak, on :australia: STRAYA DAY :australia: :

I only know about that flag from one of my most favorite movies, Event Horizon.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Office Pig posted:

Delonas gonna Delonas, I guess.

Even Delonas is saying the ban is stupid. Yes, it's because he's a racist and insane and thinks it doesn't go far enough, but even Delonas is against it!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lisa Benson is objectively worse than Garrison.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I want to know more about the life and views of Mr. Careless.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

As a craps dealing professional, I am sick that the tools of my occupation were used in a Ramirez cartoon. However, he did get the dice right. You would not believe how often people gently caress up something as commonplace as dice. I must give him credit for that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Don't forget Trumpists literally rewriting the Constitution in their own minds so that instead of persons it says citizens.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Wild in the Streets is so much more crazy than that guy made it seem to be. In it everyone over 30 gets put into reeducation camps where they are forcibly dosed with acid all the time. It's one of my favorite movies.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I also like Maryjane, a 1968 movie about how weed kills that is totally in earnest and insane.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Arthur Crackpot posted:

yep those words you drew a fake woman saying sure are damning aren't they drunk duck

WHEN SHE HERSELF IS MADE OF CARBON??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What's this a reference to? I ain't got no learning.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

SomeMathGuy posted:

Citizen Kane. Specifically a scene where his second wife is complaining about how he keeps her trapped in Xanadu and she never gets to go out or see anyone anymore.

Thank you.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Poor Obama, his only crimes were being secretly gay, secretly Kenyan, and secretly muslim

Also secretly still President in some people's eyes?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

For the love of god, Dontresor!

The thousand injuries of The Media I had borne as I best could; but when they ventured upon insult, I vowed revenge.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hello editorial page.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Kenney is the best mayor America's 5th largest city has had in many years. Rendell was cooler but he had that "awesome in public but secretly evil" vibe.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Baloogan posted:

in any case the USSR was never communist so lol

Hey this, by the way. "Communism" was established in some really lovely countries for communism. If you threw 50 communists in a desert without any water and they all died of thirst, it wouldn't be evidence that communism doesn't work.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Fates End posted:

Holy poo poo, Kirschen escaped the box!
E:Oh, wait, it's just JRROSE!.

That man shoveling should really be thinking less about ice cream and more about the rapidly subsiding foundation of his house.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Rachel Maddow is awful, don't fall into the trap of trying to defend her just because conservatives don't like her.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

SSNeoman posted:

I'm seriously thinking of starting a thread about this dis-invitation thing. I can't believe what an overblown nothingburger this is.

"Ya see, just like you don't want your tax dollars going towards abortions, students don't want their tuition dollars going to Nazis."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

We've all heard of "a thing happened" cartoons, that was just "a thing happened" ad.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Didn't think I'd find a MacArthur apologist these days.

Dugout Doug almost got us into WW3. It's actually a lot easier to maintain your honor and love for your country when you've been blown into a radioactive vapor, doncha know?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Every President that uses explosives is a good President as long as they are of your political party.

I wish heads of other organizations could do this.

Like Hershey's rolls out a really ill conceived flavor of kisses so the CEO has a bunch of people in the Middle East blown up at home, and their stock price soars and all the media people say it was inspired leadership.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Does anyone have that Mccoy comic about obama donating sperm and mexican ladies flocking across the border for it?

Pretty sure that was a McCoy the Lesser.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hahahaha Varvel is a crazy avid supporter of the people who keep America's infrastructure crumbling but he has the balls, the sheer balls, to complain about potholes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

Conservative A: :bahgawd: Goddamn Democrats and their weakness! Good thing we have a new sheriff in town. That MOAB drop and Tomahawk strike sure showed our enemies, and I'm sure glad we're taking a hard stance with North Korea.

Conservative B: :derp: loving interventionalist war-hawking DEMOCRATS! Why do they want to bomb and intervene so much? We aren't the world police!

At what point in the future do sides A and B of the GOP realize they're actually at odds with each other? Never?

They're the same people, which is confusing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

Knights are going to absolutely wreck that.

Just like the Peterloo Massacre.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What's the current rationale that the Trump people offer as to why he won't release his tax returns? They had that bullshit audit excuse during the campaign but what is it now?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

You ugly, hate-filled man.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

It's insane the hateboner British media have for Corbyn, sucks for them that he has opinions actual Brits agree with.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I do like This Modern World's Droney.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

A... good cartoon? From Ramirez? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

From two pages ago, but I'll never tire of Rogers' Republican elephant with the deranged look in its eyes.

• Locked thread