Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I rarely comment on Zelda, but that latest one is getting more controversy than any of the others I've seen posted.
This is what happens when you go after gamers!

The Big Word posted:

See also its sibling "the inclusion of [minority] in this game is total SJW pandering, they only got Shoehorned in to meet The Diversity Quota"
Yeah, basically any time a minority character is included the mouthbreather reaction is that they were forced to, or it's pandering, or it's a gimmick, or whatever. There's never a situation in which a game developer adds a minority character because they want to or think it would be good for the narrative or even just incidentally. It's always Big Liberal forcing "Diversity(TM)" down your throat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I've seen some bad takes in this thread but holy loving poo poo.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"The best way to express that constant, casual takedowns of certain groups don't actually exist is to make a passive aggressive insult towards those that believe they do inside my seemingly-inclusive Thanksgiving cartoon in a nationally syndicated cartoon."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I remember that, unfortunately. It used to be posted here and there. My main takeaway was that the author was a hardcore right-wing pro-incest super-racist furry. Which sounds like a weird mix but then I've seen nazi themed fursuits get posted so who the gently caress knows anymore.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How do you come so close to an epiphany and still miss the point this bad
Like do they not realize this "gotcha" proves themselves wrong? Either words have no context whatsoever and exist in a perfect vacuum in which case both statements are fine and they admit their hatred for BLM is racist, or they accept that there is context beyond just the phrase itself and that "it's okay to be white" is implicitly a tool of propaganda because of its ties.
Neither argument supports their conclusion.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This reminds me strongly of when the guy who wrote a column called "Male Feminist Here" got outed as a sexual predator and conservative commenters and twitter posters erupted into a circlejerk of anti-male-feminists. Except nobody bothered to actually read it, because the column was actually satire mocking male feminists and the guy was decidedly not one himself.
It didn't matter.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trazz posted:

An old, white man considers himself the sole arbiter of who is guilty or not. AGC.
I love that Ramirez wrote "we the jury" for a guy standing very clearly by himself, and saw nothing wrong with it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The jury returned with a not guilty verdict.

Like, this was trial by jury, right? How is the sanctuary city policy to blame? Were they deliberating and then some liberal politician bursts in before they can agree on "guilty" and goes "NO WAIT, SANCTUARY CITY!" and they all have to vote not guilty for fear of (unfairly!) being called bigots or something? What the gently caress does this have to do with anything?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

What is this trying to say?

Bombadilillo posted:

A thing always happened?
My take was that this kind of behavior is primitive and something you'd expect from the loving Stone Age -- and even then women would be shocked and appalled by it.
I see it as a callout of the behavior not an attempt to normalize it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How in the face of all these other lovely politoons in the last few days does Tinsley manage to be so loving scummy he trumps them all?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Ramirez of all people is the one jumping to defend the tax bill. His fellow bootlickers blamed the democrats, or tried to say it's about Obama, but Ramirez just flies face-first into them and demands they're just what we need.
Who loving thinks that? I haven't seen anyone other than the bill's crafters saying it's awesome. Nobody believes this.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
:stare:

What the gently caress guys.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Is... that supposed to be a peace sign? Or am I just out of date on my leftist symbology?

"All these people being raped is simply bad manners" is an incredibly heinous take.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Tinsley's just been going for a week straight on "WOMEN LIE!!!" hasn't he?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

loquacius posted:

I say take a page from Kirschen's book here and insinuate Hanukkah into the deal while acting like you're still sticking it to the libs

"Yes! And happy Hanukkah as well! :)" Wink conspiratorially as you add "I'm so glad that in the age of Trump we can say these things again."
He's doing it this way because "Happy Holidays" would include Muslims, but saying "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah" excludes it.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is an uncanny resemblance.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Everyone loved tax cuts a lot.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Oh, they understand who's primarily benefiting. But these people truly believe in their heart of hearts that everything will be fine, because now that the rich have even more money, they will create one hundred million new jobs and wages will go up for the middle class by 1000%.
But also we can't raise wages! It would destroy the economy!

Pants Donkey posted:

DID THE DEMOCRATS REALLY WIN ANYTHING?
the election

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Even if they have identical policies and beliefs, Trump's cult of personality and open willingness to just say horrendous poo poo on public channels is still worse because it emboldens and even indoctrinates racist, bigoted shitheads in a way Pence's couched Republican rhetoric doesn't. They're both saying the same poo poo and ultimately the only difference in their practice would be that Pence would use dogwhistles for Trump's bullhorns, but even that affects day to day life in the social sphere. I've watched the kind of poo poo this can start firsthand. Would "President Pence" create a utopia with no social ills? gently caress no, it would be a disaster. But the way Trump talks changes the way people across the nation talk. And that hurts people too.

Like someone said, this is still basically like arguing about your preferred method of execution, but Trump's effect on the social climate is too big to say they'd be identical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Being a woman is a gimmick, thanks for letting me know.

• Locked thread