Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Sir Tonk posted:

Can we trade Branco for Muir now that it's 2017?
Can we get rid of both of them and make this the David Pope thread?

Here's to another year :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Boy, a lot of conservative cartoonists suddenly developed strong feelings about warmongering rhetoric.

*shoves a pile of cartoons criticizing Obama for not standing up to Russia over Crimea aside*

*complains about Obama not being harsher on Iran*

*votes for Donald Trump*

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pancho Jueves posted:

Boy, it sure would suck having a president who's an unbridled narcissist.
Narcissist, power hungry, warmonger, would rather vacation than do the job of being president... Conservative cartoonists projected so hard they somehow projected Trump onto Obama from the future.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Everything Toles draws is just so adorable :3: (which is kind of incongruous when he's drawing all these terrible situations, but still). He's like a good Chuck Asay.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Well, the random trans/homophobia (I can't actually tell which dumb "insult" he's going for) is a fun little surprise sprinkled into that wall of crazy.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 9, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"Yo bitch, let's suck face and listen to jazz music!"

*telephone labeled SOME GIZMO*

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trogdos! posted:

Ben doesn't seem to have a very favorable view of Sweden

So we're just going full white supremacist then.

(Yeah, I know, "going")

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trogdos! posted:

Garrison finally posted the long-form fever dream so I'm going to shamelessly selfquote and post it here
All that's missing are the Fourteen Words. :stare:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Improbable Lobster posted:

What's actually important is that it shows that Comey openly worked towards Trump getting elected despite knowledge of Russia potentially having huge leverage over Trump
Yeah, the actions of Comey (and in a different way, the media) in not talking about this while shouting out every whiff of a rumor in Clinton from the rooftops is the biggest concern here, even if the actual content of the report is fake. (If it's true, of course, there are much, much bigger problems on top of that.) The FBI and FISA warrant issues together point to, at best, negligence, at worst intelligence agencies putting their thumb on the scale for Trump.

And if it is true, then we have a president under the thumb of an ambitious foreign power and poo poo's even worse than we thought.

Either way, we can still laugh at Trump being a pissboy.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Britt doesn't usually do anything for me, but this is pretty solid.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Hostile V posted:

Oh poo poo did Margo Martindale win an another award? Good for her!
Man, goons and face blindness, how do you not recognize Joe Scarborough in drag :rolleyes:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Just offscreen is an iceberg labeled "Trump".

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm beginning to suspect this Chip Bok fellow might be a bit of an idiot.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

No sir! I didn't see you playing with your dolls again.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

seiferguy posted:

This artist has no idea how a relay race works!
Obama is angry that Trump handed him a lit stick of dynamite. An Obama's Legacy Cartoon. :smith:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

tacodaemon posted:

I've always wondered what it would feel like to live in Branco's universe for a while
The Freep thread seems to give a pretty good idea.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Tinsley's art isn't particularly great normally, but it just completely falls apart when he tries to do anything other than his standard three-quarters to full-face portrait. Is Obama 10 feet tall? And how are those hands in panel 3 holding anything?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

D.N. Nation posted:

Hey remember when wingnuts shat their pants because Obama had a Greek column thing at the '08 DNC
Well, that's because Obama is a narcissist who coasted on his celebrity status and treats the presidency like a kingship. Trump, on the other hand,

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Abyssal Squid posted:

I agree, but I think it's an okay compromise to say that while there are good reasons for punching Nazis to be illegal, punching Nazis is still morally good.

That way the state doesn't condone violence against minorities, even ones you find abhorrent (the "sinking to their level" argument), but you still get to send a powerful message that America doesn't stand for Nazis.
Punching Nazis is like speeding by 5 mph: technically illegal, but good if everyone is doing it.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

FreeKillB posted:

Hmm, yes what a well-considered and convincing position, I had never thought of this before. Surely if everyone adopted this reasoning only means that the right people (Nazis) would end up being punched. Other protestors (non-Nazis from across the political spectrum) would be fine!
Whereas if we don't punch Nazis, I'm sure other protestors will be just fine as Nazis show the gratitude and respect that they're known for.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jurgan posted:

In 2003, I was told that Saddam Hussein was a monster and if I didn't support violence against him then I was pro-Saddam. Now I'm being told that Richard Spencer is a monster and if I don't support violence against him then I'm pro-Nazi. Yes, yes, I know that it's different because a lot of civilians got killed in the Iraq invasion. It's still absurd to say that being opposed to violence means you are on the side of those targeted by violence. The argument that "no one's taking away their rights, they're just saying they should get attacked for exercising them" is equally stupid. It's not that different from "anyone who disrespects the flag should be beaten." There's always someone ready to say that violence is okay as long as the target is a really bad person.
Except, y'know, Nazis actually are bad people as a rule, unlike flag burners. This is like Lester complaining that protesting against homophobia is just as bad as protesting against gay people - both sides think the other is bad, who are we to judge? :shrug:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I wonder how Kelly feels about vaping.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ay Gee Cee.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The left needs to do this immediately.
Yeah, the Gadsden flag is actually pretty cool and it would be nice if we could reclaim it from the Tea Party.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pants Donkey posted:

When conservatives complain about property damage, remember that they formed a splinter faction named after an act of desctruction of property.
Crispus Attucks was a lawless thug who should have obeyed the authorities. #redcoatlivesmatter

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Cracked_Gear posted:

Whatever metric you want to use a huge chunk of the people who voted for Trump were women.

So all these cartoons implying that women are solidly against Trump and they stand united against him are laughable BS.
Whatever you say, Mr. President.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

SwitchbladeKult posted:

That alt-right prick that got punched denies being a Nazi.

I think we are putting too much thought into this. Analysing why they do it is counterproductive. All we are doing is trying to use empathy, something they completely lack, to better understand their humanity and assign reason to their actions, which is more than they don't deserve since they are loving Nazis.

Just keep referring to them as Nazis until it sticks. :colbert:
There is something funny about the fact that for all the arguing over whether it's okay to punch Nazis, everyone accepts the fact that Spencer is a Nazi as part of the premise, which itself is probably one of the best PR weapons against him.

(Besides punching.)

(Which is good.)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Saw this news item in the Trump thread:

Skippy Granola posted:

Scientists create a part-human, part-pig embryo — raising the possibility of interspecies organ transplants
http://wapo.st/2k85Wt3
and thought of a certain cartoon in this thread. :mrapig: It figures that the Pigman would only become real in the age of Trump.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

War Wizard posted:

There's a lot of butt hurt guys that are super upset they didn't get a say in their circumcision.
I don't think you quite understand how a circumcision works. :v:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

That loving sombrero piece on the US board. :doh:

I hope the guillotine saves a special spot for Garrison.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Fulchrum posted:

The problem with heroes who fight giant apes on the moon is that they're poo poo if we need heroes who can fight neo Nazis here on earth.
She actually did once fight gentrification led by (Nazi) Hydra.

The writer of the comic, G. Willow Wilson, is herself a Muslim woman, so I wouldn't be surprised to see these topics engaged in the series (it they haven't been already, I haven't read it in a while).

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 30, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

This is just missing Harry Stone and Judge Judy with Scalia in Heaven and a talking head in the corner, and it would be a Kelly.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Nenonen posted:

Branco cartoon was stupid but this is just eerie, has Varvel ever watched any horror movies
Some say the specter of Scalia still haunts these halls, and if you walk down a certain corridor at midnight while saying "original intent" three times, you can hear a spooky cry of "Applesauce..."

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

haveblue posted:

Always wondered: Why is the strip named "Dry Bones" in the first place? Has he ever explained this?
It's a reference to the Book of Ezekiel. He actually did a comic of it once where Ezekiel is visited by a time-travelling UFO that takes him to view the Holocaust.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Richard Spencer is a trash can, AGC.
I object, trash cans are useful.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

TheBigAristotle posted:

I dunno if I want to see any more of this

Imagine loving up a Trump caricature so bad you have to label it.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

darth_pizza posted:

Shel Silverstein rose from the grave for ONE LAST DRAWING
Where The Republic Ends.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's wild we have an atheist in the white house and evangelicals love him. still lolling over "two corinithians".
Trump believes in a god, he just thinks it's him.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Shugojin posted:

gently caress off you disingenuous hack
Payne specializes in that. Wasn't it he who did the "why don't liberals love Kellyanne Conway if they claim to care about women? :smug:" cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Kaza42 posted:

Barack Obama stands in front of a crowd of african-americans, the podium labelled "Record black support". An angry MLK ghost watches, holding a paper labelled "Benghazi, Fast&Furious, Keep Your Doctor", saying "You were supposed to judge on the content of his character, not the color of his skin"
I'm pretty sure this is an actual McCoy, Lester, and/or Ramirez.

• Locked thread