Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

With Trump now president, he'll be appearing in different hats each day like a Squidbillies episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Kopijeger posted:

Where do cartoonists get the idea that the Nobel Prizes are hanging from a ribbon around the recipients' neck like that? I've seen it in a couple of other places as well, like one cartoon by Ruben Bolling.

They've seen Obama wearing his Nobel Prize around his neck for the full eight years of his presidency and assume it came that way.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

It's going to be difficult to fit all that on a hat.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Peanut Butler posted:

We'd bring in a few wolf spiders for the back room now and then when I worked at a dive bar, they eat all the insects that like fruit and sugar while staying away from people. And when the flies were back down, you'd just round up the spiders and let em free in the alley again. It was nice.

Wait which thread is this

Political Cartoons 2017/Spider Chat General

Going to share this Guardian article from a few years ago, because it's one I like to go back and read again occasionally:

quote:

A family was driven from their suburban St Louis home by thousands of venomous spiders that fell from the ceiling and oozed from the walls.

Brian and Susan Trost bought the $450,000 home overlooking two golf holes at Whitmoor Country Club in Weldon Spring in October 2007. Soon after that, they started seeing brown recluse spiders everywhere, the St Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Susan Trost told St Louis television station KMOV-TV that in 2012 the spiders “started bleeding out of the walls”, and at least two pest control companies were unable to eradicate the infestation.

The couple filed a claim in 2008 with their insurance company, State Farm, and a lawsuit against the home’s previous owners for not disclosing the brown recluse problem.

At a civil trial in St Charles County in October 2011, University of Kansas biology professor Jamel Sandidge – considered one of the nation’s leading brown recluse researchers – estimated there were between 4,500 and 6,000 spiders in the home. Making matters worse, he said, those calculations were made in the winter – when the spiders are least active.

The jury awarded the couple slightly more than $472,000, but the former owners declared bankruptcy, the insurance company still didn’t pay anything and the couple moved out two years ago.

The home, now owned by the Federal National Mortgage Association, was covered with nine tarps this week as workers filled it with a gas that permeated the walls to kill the spiders and their eggs.

“There’ll be nothing alive in there after this,” said Tim McCarthy, president of the company hired to fix the problem once and for all.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

World Famous W posted:

I released a box of spiders in my house to get rid of the flys. Then I had to release a whole bunch of rats to get rid of the spiders.

Long story short, my house is now full of feral wolves (had to get rid of the snake eating wildcats somehow) and I'm afraid to enter it. Should have stuck with the flys.

Googled "What eats wolves?" for a solution but apparently they're the apex predator in whichever environment they inhabit. Bears might at least scare them off, though.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Can anyone figure out how to actually save the image from Go Comics? They changed their site design so it has some drop-down expanding thing but I can't find a way to get to the jpg.

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 11, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Thanks, one of the Javascript commands worked. Kind of annoying that I'll have to do that each time now but at least there's a way to get around it.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

Ben doesn't seem to have a very favorable view of Sweden

Good job Garrison, this is the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

She's singing this? It doesn't seem like a song at all.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Why is MTV there? Do people get their news from MTV?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Fish is the middle finger.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

God drat, they're charging eight bucks for a decapitationccino now? What a rip off.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

FISH

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Bullshit premise as usual, but weak for a Garrison cartoon. No aryan superhero Trump or Dees-esque illuminati imagery anywhere.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Until proven otherwise, I'm going to assume Fish wrote "muslims" twice on accident.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Okay, credit where credit is due, LI being one more than L is kind of clever.

...unless he didn't actually mean that part and just wanted to write LOSER TROPHY.

It's actually an accurate depiction of the Loser Trophy that Trump sent to Clinton after the election.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Agreed, halt all immigration immediately.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

The Redpanels Patreon is at $181/month, which is higher than I remember. Be sure to keep reporting it for Nazi content/hate speech/whatever and you might be able to get it shut down.

The Adam4d Patreon is pulling in close to $4,000 every month though and it would be harder to make a case for shutting that down. Consistent abuse of straw men perhaps?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Tei posted:

Dear Trump,

I can solve your problem.

the mistake you made was lack of automatization. Instead of signing a single EO, you should have made a computer program to generate a million of almost identical EO's banning Moose Lambs and digitally sign these. The 9th Circuit had to replicate a similar process or need 14 million days to declare them all null.

Your friendo.
--me.

The court does not appreciate the executive branch DDoS attacking them.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Shangri-Law School posted:

There is literally no form of resistance pure enough for Ted Rall.

When the world finally comes to its senses and declares Ted Rall the new Philosopher King, we will know true peace.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Jedit posted:

The "hinge" on the left side is the latch. Congratulations on being dumber than Branco.

It's like he doesn't even understand the basics of glass teepee construction.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

New Mr. Fish cartoon. I have no idea what it is.

e: I was seeing a cat wearing a Geordi visor, but yeah that makes a lot more sense.
vvvv

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 15, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Sandpuppy posted:

Oh, Branco...

"So, where is all your people?"

Idiot.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

santanotreal posted:

Pewdiepie is an anti-Semite?

Not really.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/13/pewdiepie-youtube-star-disney-antisemitic-videos

quote:

He said that his comments were jokes that have been taken out of context and that the video with the banner was created to show “how crazy the modern world is”. He used freelance marketplace Fiverr to hire two men in India to make the offensive sign.

“I think it’s important to say something and I want to make one thing clear: I am in no way supporting any kind of hateful attitudes,” he said. “Though this was not my intention, I understand that these jokes were ultimately offensive.”

“As laughable as it is to believe that I might actually endorse these people, to anyone unsure on my standpoint regarding hate-based groups: No, I don’t support these people in any way.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

On the other hand he's been making anti-semetic "jokes" for months and his favourite punchlines are "rape" and "big black dicks".

Perhaps, but it's all seemingly done in the spirit of "isn't it CRAZY how Nazi stuff is relevant again?" I've always thought he was annoying and never watched any of his videos, but I'll draw the line at calling him an anti-semite based on some dumb jokes. Just because a Nazi website thinks he agrees with them ideologically and lays claim to him doesn't make it any more valid than when conservatives used to think The Colbert Report was being serious.

• Locked thread