Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's always kind of astounded me how much of Trump's support derives directly from spite against people who dare to care about stuff

"Cutting off your nose to spite your face" isn't supposed to be the basis for a political movement

mandatory lesbian posted:

look idk anything about football, i just know that every single time the patriots are mentioned, loquacious has a pavlovian response to comment and it's very sad to see cause his other posts are alright

If I wasn't an opinionated loudmouth I wouldn't read this thread at all :shrug:

Cartoonists and Steelers fans don't have to whine about them either, and yet here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i really hate these super bowl cartoons since loquacious is a weirdo who can't let anything said about the patriots go without a comment

he really needs to let some steam off, deflate a little. maybe get some advice from tom in that department

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oddium posted:

he really needs to let some steam off, deflate a little. maybe get some advice from tom in that department

Unfortunately I don't have all the money in the world to spend on Uggs boots and Under Armour TB12 Sleepwear with far-infrared lining

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm sure you can find some less than legal ways. do anything it takes, as long as you don't get caught, right

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

tom brady deflated my balls

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

qcs idea: probations should be called tom bradys, from the time he cheated and got suspended

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Farking Bastage posted:

No surprises here. Dick spencer publicly stated he pulled for the pats as well because they have more white players. Can someone punch the lot of them again?
Okay, credit where credit is due, LI being one more than L is kind of clever.

...unless he didn't actually mean that part and just wanted to write LOSER TROPHY.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

loquacius posted:

Lol @ Nazis rooting for the team representing one of the bluest areas in the country because they apparently think they don't have any black players (the Patriots' active roster is 67% black)

It's just such the dumbest thing to fixate on

Black guy
Black guy
Black guy
Tom Brady
Jewish guy

Black guy
Jewish guy
White guy
Black guy
Black guy
White guy
Black guy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tom brady deflated my balls

:same:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Okay, credit where credit is due, LI being one more than L is kind of clever.

...unless he didn't actually mean that part and just wanted to write LOSER TROPHY.

It's actually an accurate depiction of the Loser Trophy that Trump sent to Clinton after the election.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I can understand being upset that the Patriots who win all the time won and that you dislike their heel quarterback or whatever but anyone weaving election narratives into that football game need to get a fuckin grip goddamn

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Look, some people just have terrible opinions, like "Trump is good" or "I like the Patriots", and you have to be gentle with them. They're not well in the head. They've got some static in the attic.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I'm not one of those UGH SPORTSBALL dudes but I've never gotten into football and I think a lot of it has to do with the sport being RRRRGGGHHH AMERICA gently caress YEAH waaaay more than the other ones

Baseball does it a lil bit I guess but it seems more Abe Lincolny to football's Andrew Jacksonian jingoism

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

prefect posted:

Look, some people just have terrible opinions, like "Trump is good" or "I like the Patriots", and you have to be gentle with them. They're not well in the head. They've got some static in the attic.

"It doesn't count as cheating/a bad thing if MY side benefits from it." - Republicans and Patriots fans.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

So much for the tolerant left.

:perfect:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Even better without a caption.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Technowolf posted:

"So much winning."

WOah.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I can understand being upset that the Patriots who win all the time won and that you dislike their heel quarterback or whatever but anyone weaving election narratives into that football game need to get a fuckin grip goddamn

It depends, shitheads like Punchable Spencer made it into one, then people on the left bought into that narrative and were all "owned much? this is payback for the election." So stuff like this was hilarious:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/828400127362682880

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Playing midgame percentages like that strikes me as ridiculous when the human factor is still so very much in play. The Falcons literally called plays that hosed themselves over without the Patriots having to do much, and I'm not sure how mathematical modeling can account for that

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno if Reagan would have anticipated someone like Trump following in his footsteps.

It is difficult to see how one could start with "Government is the problem", and end up with Trump.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

We're up to 33 signatures, Goonies! Let's get it to 50 this week! Have you seen Ramirez lately? He looks shaken... agitated! We're getting to him!

Sign the petition and make Michael Ramirez draw Donald Trump!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"Device Squad"

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

Playing midgame percentages like that strikes me as ridiculous when the human factor is still so very much in play. The Falcons literally called plays that hosed themselves over without the Patriots having to do much, and I'm not sure how mathematical modeling can account for that

That's the whole point of statistics! You don't need to understand the specifics of every possible fuckup to make a useful estimate of the probability that they'll gently caress up spectacularly.

The point of that tweet was to remind people that improbable events happen ALL THE TIME, and that 14% isn't a very low probability anyway. Humans have a very hard time accepting probabilities other than 100% (certain) and in some cases 50% (uncertain).

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

I'm the awkwardly placed hand of God reassuring readers that while he's employing imagery based on evolution, Delonas is still a good Christian.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Funny to see big government oppose the Left.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh my god, he actually didn't forget his Straw Muslims? Where's the offensive gay stereotype?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I wonder if there'll be any cheerleading cartoons over DeVos's confirmation.

I honestly can't believe the US is about to reshape its school system based on the Chilean model. You guys are so unbelievably hosed, sorry

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

I wonder if there'll be any cheerleading cartoons over DeVos's confirmation.

I honestly can't believe the US is about to reshape its school system based on the Chilean model. You guys are so unbelievably hosed, sorry

Seriously how did only two Republicans look at Devos and realize she's an incompetent toad.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
God, who is worse? Nazi Klurf, or Racist Clipart?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Device Squad"

Kelly seems to be getting mellow - first of all he's agreed to have the grandkid over in the first place, and secondly this has to be the first time that he's depicted Some Gizmo in a positive light

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

We should get rid of terrorists and extremists on Twitter, AGC.

Can we start with @RealDonaldTrump, please?

santanotreal posted:

Seriously how did only two Republicans look at Devos and realize she's an incompetent toad.

Campaign donations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

God, who is worse? Nazi Klurf, or Racist Clipart?

This is a question where their personal worth as individuals is irrelevant, since they're already at the lowest level. A decision must be made considering their impact and relevance - to my knowledge, Henry's are the mad ravings of a lonesome Web Grandpa (honest question: does he have any fans? does he receive a single dime for his MSPaint farts?), while KKKlurf enjoys mild popularity among the alt-right crowd.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's really telling that Trump supporters entire ethos can be summed up as "LOL YOU MAD CUCKLEBERRY FINN? HEH YOU GOT MEGA TROLLED BY THE TRUMPSTER MMMMM THAT'S A SPICY MEME !" An entire political ideal based on acting like someone who just discovered trolling.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

santanotreal posted:

They want to privatize public education and crush teachers unions and so does she. Pretty simple.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on John Bercow and Donald Trump – The US president would not be welcome to address parliament during his state visit, the Commons Speaker has said in an unprecedented intervention that drew applause and cheers from MPs"

Telegraph:

Marine Le Pen promises liberation from the EU with France-first policies

Independent:

NHS hospitals to charge overseas patients for non-urgent care

Times:

Syrian regime secretly hanged 13,000 people at Assad's notorious Saydnaya Prison, says Amnesty International

Mail:
MAC ON ... hospital overcrowding

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Turns out this is really accurate.
I see a George Carlin quote get bandied about all the time, on Facebook, Imgur, places like that. About how "being offended" doesn't automatically make you right. It just means you've been upset about something, it's not a conclusion. There's a "so what" factor there; it has to lead to something more.
But so many people run the opposite way with this: that if you're offended, that automatically makes you wrong. Being upset makes you incorrect, and an idiot. It makes you a whiny baby. And the ultimate consequence of this is that you no longer have to prove you're right in an ideological debate, you just have to get the other person mad. And it turns out that's easy to do when you're talking about Nazis.

We live in a world where that old "you mad" comeback, hollow and insipid, beaten to death by internet memetics several years ago, is now considered by so much of the Right to be an acceptable method of social discourse. Redpanels has Trump writing "you mad bro???" and considers it a sick loving burn. Pundits point out how upset people are that Trump is overreaching and attacking established facets of the government as proof that he's doing a good thing. Racist grandmas on Facebook look at students furious over neonazis and think the other side must be right.

Watterson was wrong: Provoking a reaction is now considered the same as saying something significant.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

santanotreal posted:

The giant bags of cash probably helped.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Technowolf posted:

"So much winning."

Haha I know I'll draw the president I hate bellowing jingoism at a dead man and his mourning family, that will surely serve my overall point of [?????? don't forget to fill this in -MB] and not seem crass on my part at all!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Haha I know I'll draw the president I hate bellowing jingoism at a dead man and his mourning family, that will surely serve my overall point of [?????? don't forget to fill this in -MB] and not seem crass on my part at all!!

Showing the disconnect between Trump's overconfident rhetoric and reality, you dingus.

• Locked thread