Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Cartoon made in 2013. Gorrell somehow thinks it's relevant now (not that it was relevant then).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
This Clickhole article is relevant to polititoons in general.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/troubling-sign-donald-trump-shaking-hands-pig-has--5181

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
Apparently Clay Bennett has been having some trouble on Twitter

The original cartoon:

The parody has been taken down by Twitter. This reminds me of the whole Chip Bok thing, but I think there's something different- mainly removing attribution. Even though the edit was dumb, it doesn't seem to be that different from what other people in this very thread have done, though.

Disproportionate Orphan fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 6, 2017

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Weather proof.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

:godwinning:

If you ever wondered what kind of people follow red panels,
https://twitter.com/Red_Panels/status/834197059750215680

Do we really want outright Nazi white supremacist comics here? There's enough of that covertly.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Why am I not surprised that Glenn is buying into his delusions?

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

duz posted:

That Trump in panel one.
Rall needs to just take a break or something and practice his craft.

"Craft."

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
I don't believe I've seen this animal here:

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

I thought it said "Political Funster" in blood at first. I really want NY to have a Political Funster :smith:.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I once mentioned playing a female video game character to my mom, and she spent 5 minutes working "Why don't you play male characters??" into the conversation at random intervals, regardless of topic. Conservatives are really, really weird about gender.

My dad did that. I explained I already did a playthrough as a dude and wanted to play as a woman.

Then he said that I should study harder if I had that much time. Those were the days.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Muslim dude looks like he's REALLY into this. "Oh, yes! Kick my rear end with those heels. KICK ME SO HARD!"

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

Happy Tuesday!

The Facebook comments for this one are precious. :allears:

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Since I keep seeing this soundbite from the full quote:

quote:

"My message to Londoners and visitors to our great city is to be calm and vigilant today," Mr Khan said. "You will see an increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers."

"There is no reason to be alarmed by this. We are the safest global city in the world. You saw last night as a consequence of our planning, our preparation, the rehearsals that take place, the swift response from the emergency services tackling the terrorists and also helping the injured.”

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...t-a7773791.html

I have to say, even though I hate Delonas I love that he draws everyone as absolutely hideous.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Ah yes, this classic:

I'm going to assume someone has already did an MSPaint edit where they circle Lester's name many moons ago.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

As that Wired piece shows, Garrison thinks you can just be visible progressive and the money will come rolling in. Maybe he thinks Soros is bankrolling all those webcomics too.

My proudest moment on Twitter was being added to a group by some nut called "paid Soros trolls," like Soros pays people on Twitter to troll for him. I don't even really troll, just state my honest opinions.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
Krieder wrote an interesting article on using assassination in political art. Figured it would be relevant.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Change the donkey to Louise Mensch and this would make sense. I think most people realize Ossoff was just a bad candidate.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

loquacius posted:

Ossoff got pretty much exactly as many votes as the no-name no-funding Generic D who ran last year. The only reason this one was close is that Karen Handel is not a long-standing beloved incumbent. Ossoff was not a good candidate.

:yeah:

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
https://twitter.com/ASM_AntiSocial/status/880772759554535426

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

A good edit? Not sure who did this.

Probably would have been a better edit if they changed the weird polar bear and other symbols.

Disproportionate Orphan fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 17, 2017

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Pakled posted:

This one's a doozy.

Man. Kelly got real reactionary.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Why do political cartoons have GIGANTIC newspapers? I know Lester isn't the only one guilty of this. JRRose! comes to mind.

Edit: Beaten.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

loquacius posted:

According to that Wikipedia article, the last published Senran Kagura video game is a third-person shooter where girls in bikinis shoot each other with super-soakers until their bikinis fall off

so I'm not exactly sure "we should tone it down" was their takeaway

The talk about toning it down was on Twitter, and done after their last release. The gaters went apeshit about a half a month ago about it, I believe.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

The guy looks more like one of the sense gnomes from King's Quest VI than Mattis.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

I love the disingenuous "no statues" sign. Yes. The left hates statues. That is our one goal.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
John Leavitt posted an entirely uncontroversial take on sandwiches.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

loquacius posted:

e: I'm really tired and not expressing myself well and am in no shape to enter a debate or discussion rn

Same here, man. Tired and leftist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Green Day tried to pimp their crappy new album last year with a song written from the POV of a mass shooter. Would probably have been controversial as hell a decade ago, literally no one cared or remembered now.

I don't know. The Boomtown Rats released "I Don't Like Mondays" about an elementary school shooting in 1979, but I think that benefited a lot from people not realizing that was what it was referencing.

• Locked thread