Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

KillerJunglist posted:

Like... Jesus Christ Jamaica, stop beating your women already.

Or at least beat your men equally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Next he'll accuse Obama of having a hairpiece and molesting beauty pageant contestants.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

Eight years of an Obama presidency and the worst scandal cartoonists stick to him is "he plays golf".

Payne probably hates golf because the carts are small and under-powered.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

the_steve posted:

What even is the point of this comic?

"God is a cruel puppetmaster who deliberately created species that would prey and feed on each other for his own amusement?"

What? No, of course not. Animals didn't kill or eat each other until after Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden. When they ate the forbidden fruit, it gave them knowledge of good and bad, and also made all the animals fallen and sinful.

The bible doesn't mention this at all because when God was writing it, he thought it would be obvious. Which it clearly is.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Adam and Eve are the fruit

A bold re-interpretation that resonates deeply with me. Can you share any of your church's literature with us, or perhaps a tithing schedule?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Wow, really makes you wonder who the real racists are, if you're racist.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Somfin posted:

We should really get that in smilie form at this point. Call it :umberto: or whatever.

I'm imagining :goonsay: but with the beard, and maybe a salmon.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

I bet Rall didn't even bother to show up at his local airport yesterday.

I bet those LAX protestors didn't even know about the vastly greater injustice of Ted Rall Not Having A Job At The Times Anymore going on right under their noses.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

KillerJunglist posted:

I was thinking the first one is because the Trumps are one family (like, five or six people total, right?) that are known assholes. The other is an entire group of people with all kinds of personalities and judging them as "all the same" is terrible.

But hey, this makes sense as Drunky Duck probably thinks people hate him JUST because he's a conservative and not because he is also a stupid idiot.

"The real problem people aren't seeing is that I, or people like me, are being called the r-word."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I will punch Nazis in the face until there are no longer Nazis. The only effective way to stop authoritarian regimes before they begin is to punch them in the face.

The regime seems to have begun...but let no one say it was because too many nazis were punched.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Punching Nazis is self defense and also literally the only thing that stops Nazis.

We're in violent (:hehe:) agreement.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

IIRC the shooting victim only almost died.

I have had that shooting cited to me as a reason why the Berkeley demonstrations were riots. Expecting some super-great cartoons about how college students these days are simultaneously feminized snowflakes and violent lunatics. The Eternal Trigglypuff.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

lol, the will it takes to draw this entire cartoon and still not get it

*kramers into thread three days later* WOULD YOU SAY IT WAS A TRIUMPH??!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

erm what

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

That's not Trump. I wonder when two-time Pulitzer winner and vital conservative pundit Michael Ramirez will be drawing the current President.

Maybe when he does something as controversial as *reviews previous work* expressing sorrow for the murder of an unarmed black child.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

We haven't figured out how to fix Obamacare because...well it's definitely Obama's fault somehow. He left, uhh, traps and stuff.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

lol, and also, jesus christ you work quick.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Trump is the literal embodiment of everything Latuff hates about the US. You'd think his caricature of him would be more hateful.

I don't think it registers to him as anything but more of the same. For most of us, the past few weeks have been somewhere between nightmarish and downright traumatic, but for Carlos Latuff, it was February.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I'm so mad about these unelected judges stopping Trump, after having done nothing to stop Obama's radical agenda of...uhh...well all that stuff he did. Or was gonna do. I forget now.

You did it.

You found the joke.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I'm especially shocked that Mike Lester, Domestic Abuser, would be upset at judges giving Too Many Rights to The Wrong People.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Deified Data posted:

That pillar of fascism which requires the enemy to be simultaneously weak and strong. In order to depict the left as strong they're forced to resort to fiction.

This is true, though there's another source of the meme: Soros consistently (to a fault, really) supports developing countries getting practical self-determination, so the Traditionalist/Eurasian folks have seen him as a big public enemy of their neo-imperial dreams since at least the mid-90s. Alexandr Dugin saw the Shadowy Hands of Soros everywhere, way before it was cool.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Ularg posted:

If anything the Cuban parts of Florida are the only hospitable parts as a Floridian. :colbert:

Greetings, fellow curse-bearer! I grew up in Miami, and I was going to dispute this claim, but then I remembered how much worse the rest of the state is. Instead I'll say that in my experience, the Cuban exile community is (or at least was) mostly anti-refugee because any sane definition of the word includes people who are way too dark-skinned for their taste (rip Haiti).

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The two cats getting pet are incredibly salty that other cats are being let into the house.

"Wtf, only we deserve this food we get just for being alive."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

If we're tagging ourselves, I'm definitely cash-countin-kitty on the right. Gosh I wonder what group they're supposed to represent???

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

the_steve posted:

Ahem. I believe you will find that LIBERALS are the real r-words.

*draws right-wing comics depicting all minorities and foreigners as feral animals and lazy parasites that Liberals want to treat like actual people - while sensible white Conservatives look on disapprovingly*

I think the three pissed-looking grey cats in the middle are supposed to be conservative Californians, but they're missing a label.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Wow, I had a good long AGC moment with this one. I was laughing at the obvious joke "Enormous Piece of poo poo Sean Spicer is so unbearable even his own family despises him," but looking at his expression, I'm guessing it's supposed to actually be "Relatable Everyman Sean Spicer dreads facing the Liberal Firing Squad." :qq::lol:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Angry Salami posted:

Huh, I kinda split the difference, and AGCed it as "Relatable Everyman Sean Spicer dreads his job of repeating Trump's nonsense"

It's already nearly unbelievable that anyone would think Sean Spicer is a Swell Fella, but for them to simultaneously dislike Trump is beyond my ability to imagine.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

Objectively, Democrats are engaging in heavier amounts of obstructionist and resistance to Trump than Republicans did to Obama

Please enumerate the objective measures behind this assessment.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is my mind just completely in the gutter for interpreting this as that he buttfucked all of them, men and women? I'm not familiar with other things having the back of your pants violently torn off could symbolize.

That was also my first thought, but I think he was going for an image of Trump "beating the pants off" the media; in other words, defeating them very thoroughly.

...I'm disturbed I couldn't find any other replies giving this explanation. Call me the Branco-whisperer, I guess.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I hear that for decades multiple clothing companies have sent letters to incoming presidents to please bring help bring men's hats back in style by wearing them regularly. Now one finally does, but do you hear a single one of them saying thank you?!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Plucky little president vs. the big bad media.

:rhetorical focus shifts:

Heroic and strong president vs. the conniving and effeminate media.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

After The War posted:

Oh, that's Trump in between two gray-haired guys (Bill Clinton?) on the left. I wracking my brain to try and figure out why they put Chief Aramaki in there.

Good eye, the judges would have also accepted "Galatianman."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Despera posted:

We still don't have ethics in video games journalism

Clearly we weren't doxxing hard enough.

e:

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 19, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Saint Sputnik posted:

Has the term "nerdzis" been coined yet or am I the first

First I've heard of it, but I very much like it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I think it's possible he was just trying to make a silly, funny cartoon, and so chose not to use serious Actual Wars.

To be fair, it's been a very slow news-week, must be pretty hard for political cartoonists to find material. Basically nothing's happened and everything's gone smoothly.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

was it a white guy who did it

No, since it actually happened in a Pakistani city whose name that kinda sounds like "Sweden."

eta: He claims he just meant immigration in general, but i don't buy it.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 19, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Hihohe posted:

So... the aboriginals never existed huh?

Take a closer look at the date in the caption.

(I'm not dumb enough to say Bill Leak isn't racist, just that his racism is more indirect in this particular 'toon.)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Trapezium Dave posted:

Basically. South Australia has moved to a stronger reliance on renewable energy and is having issues balancing out the grid amidst extreme weather events, the conservative side of politics is blaming them shunning the blessed coal.

You am play gods! Wind and sun not make fire!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Someone who's actually watched the movie please explain this one.

This is bad in one of the same ways as that horrific Devos one was, but also bad in its own special ways!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Farking Bastage posted:

Eastern Promises? He gets the living gently caress beat out of him and stabbed and poo poo.

So Trump is going to be murdered by the truth, an optimistic cartoon?

:chanpop:

I feel like we haven't had a good pee-pee-doo-doo in a while.

• Locked thread