Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

mediadave posted:

yes Zelda, biodynamic quinoa, ecological halloumi, vegetables that are specifically locally grown, raw chickpeas, pickled red beet noodles, corriander that is specifically homegrown and sourdough ciabatta and walnut pesto, and chia seeds, is the only way to make a salad. A lovely, lovely straw salad.

I'm pretty sure it's the only way to make a salad that people like Zelda know about.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

T-man posted:

Seems like the real cue to break us is "is heterosexual," hth.

Got bad news for you:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

ME:A sucked though

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MageMage posted:

Very well done. What I was trying to ask I mean, is there a place I can read all of the English translated zelda cartoons?

Nope.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Wait, why’s Jesus handing some guy a dead bird?

The first hipster.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The cartoonist who draws Zelda made this for christmas:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

To be fair to Pence, he would assuredly be a better President than Trump. The problem is, so would literally every other person eligible for the position.

gently caress spineless opinion like these. Pence would gently caress over everyone that isn't white, male, straight and rich. But I guess the fact that he would make for a more stable leader is more important.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cpt.Americant posted:

As opposed to Trump, the champion of non-white, non-straight, poor women.

Pence called the Muslim ban "UnAmerican."

Pence does not excite white nationalists.

Pence does not threaten invasion of our allies.

Pence does not listen to infowars and consider them credible.

Pence does not show any authoritarian tendencies.

Pence does not have a cult of personality that allows him to get away with things other politicians can't.

Pence said the booing he received at Hamilton was "what democracy sounds like."

Pence calls Russia a hostile state.

Pence does not have narcissistic personality disorder.

Pence does not call to undermine our democratic norms.

Pence would not have his name shouted at minorities as a threat.

Pence would not say there were very fine people on both sides.

Pence would concede defeat when he loses an election.

Pence would be a lovely Republican in the way Republicans have been lovely for a long time. Trump is so much worse than that for so many reasons, and I hate with a passion this "yeah but Pence would be just as bad" because it's just wrong.

Pence is an actual monster who has caused some real damage to people (his shutting down a Planned Parenthood caused a HIV-epidemic for example) but I guess that's okay as long as he keeps the political discourse civil.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cpt.Americant posted:

So if you're not actually going to read what I wrote why quote it? I didn't say Pence isn't a monster, I literally call him lovely. I say nothing about "civil" discourse. But sure, I don't prefer Pence for any of the long list of reasons I listed out, it's just because he's soft spoken. That must be it. It has nothing to do with Trump's authoritarian instincts, or his cult of personality, or how he validates the previously fringe voices, it's just that he's a big old meany.

Pretty much everything you wrote is a list of dumb poo poo Trump said, Pence has actually caused real damage and if he was put in charge he would he continue to do so. He is not a moderating voice or a lesser evil.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cpt.Americant posted:

When Mike Pence was asked about his experience at Hamilton, he told a story about what he told his son that night. He explained to his son that when they walked in some people cheered, some people booed, and that those performers respectfully asked to share their concerns. He claimed he said (and I quote) "that is what democracy sounds like." It doesn't matter if that story happened, because he's Vice President, and part of living in a free and tolerant society is that you tolerate decent. If the actual story is that it kept Mike Pence up all night as he ranted and raved to his wife about how rude they were, that wouldn't matter because he obviously knows better than to share those beliefs with the public. It would almost make it more admirable, it proves that Mike Pence actually believes in allowing decent and not using his position of power to punch down at those with less power.

When Mike Pence was asked if he wanted women to decide over their own body, if gays should have the civil rights that straight people enjoy or if people should have place they could check themselves for HIV he said "no". I couldn't give a gently caress about what he said about his experience at Hamilton.

quote:

White nationalists never chanted Romney's name, McCain never refused to answer if he would accept defeat
They also refused to criticize Trump when those things happened. gently caress'em.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 26, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Golbez posted:

What? I am so confused. Is he saying flying to Thailand causes global warming? But if you want snow why would you go to Thailand? Or is it a matter of, if there's no snow we might as well go to Thailand?

The man is upset that there's no snow. If there's no snow he might as well go to Thailand. When he flys to Thailand he contributes to the global warming.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

Pence is terrible but maybe not as apocalyptically terrible.

Tell that to those that are LBGTQ.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

World Famous W posted:

Why the gently caress are we discussing if we whether kill our collective selves by noose or poison?

Because people are arguing that poison is all that bad.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

• Locked thread