Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Syfe posted:

Sad to see Stephen Collins wasn't mentioned in the first post.

He's not really a political cartoonist, although his occasional takes on politics are generally pretty good. Tone wise he is bang on for this thread though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Improbable Lobster posted:

Trump didn't listen to Frank Zappa and now he loves to eat the yellow snow

He can take about an hour on the tower of power
So long as he gets a little golden shower

Oh god he is the American Dream

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Nellie the Elephant packed her trunk
And said goodbye to the circus
Off she went with a trumpety-trump
Trump, trump, trump

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

I got mad at the use of Horsey and Beeler to illustrate how ugly political cartoons are, so I fixed it.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Kopijeger posted:

It might be common, but it is a mistake that would only be made by someone who never bothered reading beyond the first line.

LOL imagine knowing the whole line

https://youtu.be/_JNaymmtbq4

Although I don't see how 'the winter of our discontent' could mean 'the ending of our discontent' as that's exactly what happens in the next line. The cartoon looks to have the meaning right to me, it's a metaphor for a miserable period of time, not that time coming to an end.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

BackwardForward Rs!

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I think you mean UK cartoonist period. Based on the cartoons alone, I assume the UK is a gnarled hellscape governed by idiot grotesqueries. where there is no good side, but simply which parody of humanity will defecate upon your soul the least.

And you would be right!

:smith:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

loquacius posted:

Really like the color work on this one. Very authentic.

All it's missing is 'Takses'.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

K Street is the home of Washington lobbyists and advocacy groups, Obama was left handed, Trump plays a lot of golf badly. Hth

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

This show sounds kind of amazing, honestly.

The 'new twist' is clearly that the Musketeers serve the Sun King and not his father like in the original story :colbert:

Edit: Foxes are a rural pest but hunting with hounds is literally the least efficient way to control their population. People participating are also pretty much all rich twats so gently caress em

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 12, 2017

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's kinda bland but not completely poo poo? A real step up in quality for Rall.

I thought his perspective was improving until I noticed that the TV was facing away from them :v:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Vanilla is the choice ice cream flavor for people who hate flavor

Well-done steak and ketchup

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Kind of insensitive to bring up spending time with dads when the other kid's dad's grave is still fresh.

Of course this is based on a real kid who doesn't look anything like that.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Jurgan posted:

Oh, wow, I did not know that. gently caress you, McCoy.

Also the image that might have 'inspired' this touching politoon:

Christopher James Jacobs died in a training accident in 2011, when Christian Jacobs was eight months old. This photo was taken in 2015. I'm not sure why McCoy is referencing this now, unless this is a two year old cartoon.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Lord Hydronium posted:

He loving labeled Notre Dame. :ughh:

Which famously looms over the Eiffel tower.

Weren't the gargoyles sympathetic in the Disney film? I don't really remember.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

If the election ends up with Prime Minister Corbyn visiting President Trump to give him some jam than Stephen Collins is some kind of sorcerer.

Thank God, I won't have to buy another av

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Xander77 posted:

With any luck, someone else who is 88 and hasn't actually done anything in years?

Didn't he do voice acting on Family Guy? I mean admittedly that's not much, but he wasn't entirely obscure.

Edit: Tenses!

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Just lol at that Union Jack though

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Don't birds only feed their young at their nests, and food for themselves is eaten where its caught?

90s kids tv eh

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Starving Wolf posted:

Sweet christ why did I check

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

At KFC?

(I am Uncle Sam's glorious iconic moustache)

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah. He'll probably handwave it as a reference to some oil tycoon who does have one, but for now let's all appreciate that Branco genuinely forgot Uncle Sam doesn't have a mustache.

Presumably he added it later to cover the obligatory snaggletooth.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

So this paper is not trying to get me to vote for Jeremy "Full Communism And No Student Loans Now" Corbyn, correct? They're just idiots?

It's the most inept use of a visual metaphor since [insert last Ramirez here]

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Duckbag posted:

Lmao get better joints.

Is this thread full of dudebros who are bad at lifting and their arms don't bend properly any more?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Jedit posted:

Congratulations! Not only was that joke made several pages ago, the original jokester was able to post a picture of Zelda instead of Link!

Yeah, that first person hosed up the joke.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mass Effect: Ancillary Justice looking good

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

Gramma Hitler

Gramma Nazi?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Renaissance Spam posted:

Wow Mad Magazine's taken an interesting turn.

(I'm guessing it isn't Mad, the artist looks familiar though).

Without checking, it is definitely Viz.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

moskiitto posted:

Most likely done by old white man, who is a member of NRA. Prepare for shitstorm october.

The suspect has been named and a rough age given. Old whiteness confirmed, NRA membership status unknown.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

the_steve posted:

Pretty sure conservatives think mass shootings work like video games. As soon as the bad guy prepares to attack, a big red arrow will appear over his head and he'll be highlighted from the rest of the crowd, with multiple clear lines of sight that won't be obstructed by people trying desperately to get the gently caress away, that way all the Good Guys With Guns will know exactly where to shoot back.

Close, just follow the visible red line from his laser sight.

Imagine if people had shot back blindly and broken a ton more windows. He's be there still.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Didn't see this posted yet.

Lol 5k is basically a fun run.

Not a costume

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Office Pig posted:

He also just looks like a horse-dicker, you know?

https://youtu.be/zHOJgs-5Y3s

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I doubt most people appreciate the difference between some random guy saying that and the commander of the whole military saying it. I dunno how exactly to capture that difference in a cartoon though.

And people wonder why Brittoons look like they do.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Hellbunny posted:

C'mon man, that's a bit uncharitable. "sexual assault is bad and I don't want people I love to suffer through it like so many others" is not a bad sentiment.

Also the implication that she's too young to have experienced (or at least recognise!) sexual discrimination.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

:golfclap:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Lol gently caress off Mac

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

I'm the second 'ISIS' label

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/927214809229045760

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

That's a pretty long drink.

I'll say, you could do the Kessel run in less than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Eh, it's not exactly Abe Simpson/Beatrice Horseman levels of parental abuse.

(My dad is a bit like this though, which is why my brother ended up cutting all contact and not allowing him contact with his granddaughter. My dad still can't see anything unreasonable about what basically became emotional blackmail on his part.)

• Locked thread