Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Okay, so what is Ramirez saying here?
1. Radical Islam is distinct and separate from ISIS.
2. Radical Islam is a historical component of Paris' most famous cathedral.
3. Radical Islam looks really loving bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why is the gargoyle labeled "Radical Islam"? Did he decide he wanted to put that on there to stick it to NOBAMA but forgot to leave room for it?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Lurdiak posted:

Why is the gargoyle labeled "Radical Islam"? Did he decide he wanted to put that on there to stick it to NOBAMA but forgot to leave room for it?

To let you know he thinks ISIS is only pretending to be part of Radical Islam TM ?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Sandpuppy posted:

Happy James Comey Fake News Nothing Burger Day!

When exactly did the RWM pick up on that hep new phrase all the kids are saying "nothing burger", such that I can properly determine when that phrase died?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

D.N. Nation posted:

What's worse? Evil leadership or completely ineffectual leadership?

This is very much a valid question with the current President.

With this admin, both. Trump may not get poo poo done, but he recently announced he wants to force grocery stores that accept food stamps to pay a massive fee. It'll gently caress over small grocery stores.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

For a while, Jackson was considered one of the best presidents for squashing nullification flat.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Woodrow Wilson was lovely but I don't see how he beats Andrew "genocide" Jackson for Worst Human Being

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cabbit posted:

When exactly did the RWM pick up on that hep new phrase all the kids are saying "nothing burger", such that I can properly determine when that phrase died?

Most political phrases seem to be a) invented by the left b) used by the right FOREVER, approx 1000 years after they were relevant. Often with the opposite meaning.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Woodrow Wilson was lovely but I don't see how he beats Andrew "genocide" Jackson for Worst Human Being

I guess lots of Americans just really respect the idea of a psychopath staining the white house lawn with the blood of liberal snowflakes.

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang
There was also something called "The Civil War"

edit: holy poo poo there were a lot of posts since I refreshed. This was in reference to Buchanan ofc

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

andrew jackson commited genocide and murdered like a hundred people personally

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Cabbit posted:

On March 2, when Ted Cruz called Session's lying to Congress about meetings with the Russians a "nothing burger". So it's yet another horrible thing you can lay directly at the feet of Ted Cruz.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lurdiak posted:

Clearly, radical islam was placed there to share away evil spirits that may otherwise roost in the rafters of Notre Dame. But it isn't working on ISIS, for obvious reasons.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Everyone's doing their job here. Comey's trying to only deliver the facts and nothing else, the media is digging for info people want.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's also John Tyler, who, after his presidency ended, was elected to the Virginia Secession Convention, voted to secede from the United States, and was then elected to the Confederate House of Representatives. He died shortly after (and was buried in a Confederate flag), so he didn't accomplish as much evil as Jackson, but in terms of lovely-human-being-ness, betraying the country you were president of in order to fight for the right to own slaves is pretty high up there.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

So he had to have this ready before the Comey testimony right?
There were conservative columnists who already had posted their blurbs on the testimony as it just started.

The GOP is very good at getting their lie machine running quickly.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/moir_alan/status/872791567974584320

I like your work, but that's not why they're doing it, Alan.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Exit polls indicate hung parliament :toot:

we did it everyone

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

If the election ends up with Prime Minister Corbyn visiting President Trump to give him some jam than Stephen Collins is some kind of sorcerer.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Pants Donkey posted:

There were conservative columnists who already had posted their blurbs on the testimony as it just started.

The GOP is very good at getting their lie machine running quickly.

The GOP already had talking points ready to go before Comey even started talking.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Trapezium Dave posted:

If the election ends up with Prime Minister Corbyn visiting President Trump to give him some jam than Stephen Collins is some kind of sorcerer.

Thank God, I won't have to buy another av

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
I seriously cannot wait for tomorrow's brittoons.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

BENNNNNNGHAAAAAZIIIIIII

Also: I keep forgetting that it's 70dΞN who is dead and not Varvel.

D.N. Nation posted:

What's worse? Evil leadership or completely ineffectual leadership?

This is very much a valid question with the current President.

I've been saying a lot that Hanlon's razor doesn't really apply to Trump, because ¿por qué no los dos?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I mean there was a lot of absurd, stupid poo poo that went down in the upper echelons of the Third Reich but the Nazis still killed millions of people.

It's better in the long term if Trump keeps bumbling around the Oval Office like Mr. Magoo but that doesn't make the suffering he'll cause less real.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I mean, okay, but why is this coming up now?

Why is Newt Gingrich riding a bear?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I love him S O M U C H.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jurgan posted:

I mean, okay, but why is this coming up now?

His trial is under way.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kopijeger posted:

Shouldn't she speak some variety of Greek instead?

In the movie she speaks modern German and Mandarin in addition to ancient Greek. Its set up that she can speak every language on earth, even the ones that didn't have an Indo-European root.

Alhazred posted:

How the gently caress is Buchanan a worse president than Andrew "Trail of Tears" Jackson?

How is Andrew Jackson worse than Franklin Delano "Lock up all the Japanese people" Roosevelt? That it ended after FDR was gone while the forced relocation of the tribes didn't is irrelevant, since FDR died while those people were still locked up in brutal conditions and their homes and property seized. And Japanese internment affected nearly 3 times as many people as Trail of Tears

If we go by full on atrocities, then we can't say that Jackson was significantly worse than a lot of presidents.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fulchrum posted:

In the movie she speaks modern German and Mandarin in addition to ancient Greek. Its set up that she can speak every language on earth, even the ones that didn't have an Indo-European root.

How is Andrew Jackson worse than Franklin Delano "Lock up all the Japanese people" Roosevelt? That it ended after FDR was gone while the forced relocation of the tribes didn't is irrelevant, since FDR died while those people were still locked up in brutal conditions and their homes and property seized. And Japanese internment affected nearly 3 times as many people as Trail of Tears

If we go by full on atrocities, then we can't say that Jackson was significantly worse than a lot of presidents.

Well, the Trail of Tears was an attempted genocide, whereas the Japanese-American internment camps weren't. Which isn't to say the internment camps weren't an atrocity, it's just clearly a step below genocide.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Is setting the whole beach on fire a Scandinavian summer tradition?

The beach?! We light up the entire stratosphere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXtSlEW1XmE

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pakled posted:

Well, the Trail of Tears was an attempted genocide, whereas the Japanese-American internment camps weren't. Which isn't to say the internment camps weren't an atrocity, it's just clearly a step below genocide.

Wait, was the intention actual literal genocide, or forced migration? Cause they aren't the same thing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whoa here fellas this isn't "genocide" it's merely a colonial death march.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

Whoa here fellas this isn't "genocide" it's merely a colonial death march.

How about we reserve the word genocide only for things that reach the level of actual genocide and don't try to just apply it to all bad things? FFS, its the "OBAMA IS A WAR CRIMINAL!" poo poo all over again.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not sure what's going on but I think this cartoon is sweet as hell

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fulchrum posted:

How about we reserve the word genocide only for things that reach the level of actual genocide and don't try to just apply it to all bad things? FFS, its the "OBAMA IS A WAR CRIMINAL!" poo poo all over again.

Fulchrum's right you guys. The holocaust was technically a genocide because some Jews lived.

Glad Fulchrum was here to stop our worry over the death of countless Native Americans at the hands of the US government since it technically wasn't a genocide in his book.

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

So, if the initial intent is not the total extermination of a race but the final (and inevitable) result is, it is merely the manslaughter equivalent of a genocide. Gotcha.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Fulchrum's right you guys. The holocaust was technically a genocide because some Jews lived.

Glad Fulchrum was here to stop our worry over the death of countless Native Americans at the hands of the US government since it technically wasn't a genocide in his book.

I'm sure that the reason why Jackson didn't kill every last native American and instead just forcibly relocated them was that the allies arrived in time to stop him.

Or are you saying that the Nazis had a spot in Belgium they had all the Jews march to where they now live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is there a way for me to put Fulchrum on double ignore? I hate reading the replies to his bullshit.

• Locked thread