Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

quote:

KEEP TED RALL DRAWING AMERICA'S SMARTEST
(and possibly meanest) POLITICAL CARTOONS!

Tired of boring mainstream political cartoons and commentary? Me too! That's why I began doing this stuff in the first place. Your patronage helps me to keep taking risks: questioning the system, poking fun at Democrats as well as Republicans without worrying about some editor firing me as a favor to his golfing buddy. You probably don't buy a print daily newspaper anymore — so please use the extra money to support the cool work they never had the guts to run!

I'm Ted Rall. I am arguably America's most controversial political cartoonist. I have no interest in offending people – but I'm here to tell the truth and make people think, and sometimes the price you pay for that is making people upset. In addition to the three cartoons I draw every week for syndication, I also draw cartoons on a freelance basis for outlets as diverse as Forbes.com and SputnikNews.com.

Here are some of my cartoons:

I also write a weekly opinion column for Creators Syndicate. That's my place for detailed analysis of the news and politics of the week.

I'm also the author of 20 books. These include political polemics, cartoon collections, graphic novels, and, most recently, a lot of comics journalism and "graphic biographies" of such figures as Edward Snowden, Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. I'm best known for the '90s Gen X manifesto Revenge of the Latchkey Kids, the bestselling first book about the US invasion of Afghanistan To Afghanistan and Back and the comix journalism tome After We Kill You We Will Welcome You Back As Honored Guests: Unembedded in Afghanistan.

Why I Need Your Help

Even in the best of times, speaking truth to power and questioning authority can be dangerous. Ask my colleagues at Charlie Hebdo. I've gotten more threats of bodily harm and even death than I can count, mostly from right wingers but also from some self-identified lefties. But terrorists and thugs aren't the biggest danger to hard-hitting political cartoon and commentary.

Economics are.

As you know, journalism is facing a serious economic crisis. The demise of print has lead to a loss of funding for journalists, cartoonists, photographers, and political analysts like me. Thanks to the Internet, I have a bigger audience than ever before. But online outlets haven't figured out how to pay for good journalism or political cartooning – which is why people like me are coming to people like you to ask for your support. If you value professional, independent political cartoon and analysis like I do, you will have to help support it or it will simply vanish. All that would leave behind is the bleak landscape of corporate media and the bland establishmentarian content that it produces.

Here's a clip of me mixing it up with FOXNews host Sean Hannity:

And here's one of the many interviews I've given, this one about Edward Snowden and the NSA:

Why It Matters

If you believe in democracy, and in a better future, as I do, you know it's important to get behind the social and political critics who are helping to pave the way to that future. People like me have trouble gaining access to mainstream media. Don't get me wrong – I've had a lot of luck, appearing in places like the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Village Voice, Rolling Stone magazine, The Nation, Esquire, you name it. 20 or 30 years ago, the kind of career that I've had – the kind of career that I'm having – would have generated an income that would have been very comfortable to live on, even thrive. But outlets have shrunk, especially paid outlets. Pay rates have plummeted. Budget cuts have led to newspapers canceling their syndicated comic strips. Because they're so scared, it's harder to find editors willing to publish anything that questions the basic underpinnings of the American system: the two-party duopoly, free-market capitalism, endless warfare.

Some outlets have even been corrupted. Last summer, for example, the LA Times fired and smeared me as a favor to the chief of the Los Angeles Police Department. The reason seems obvious: the LAPD pension fund was the number one shareholder of the parent company of the LA Times. I'm suing them.

The Bottom Line

I'm asking you to support my work because I don't take my marching orders from any organization or political group. I don't receive or use talking points. I think for myself. My concern is for you and for the people of the United States and for the citizens of the world.

P.S. EXTRAS — In addition to my 3x/week comic strips, Patreon supporters will get access to freelance projects, interviews, reviews, multi-page pieces, and sneak peeks at future projects like the two new graphic novels I'm working on now.

quote:

REWARDS
Pledge $5 or more per month
36 patrons
Pledge $5/month, and you'll receive everything I draw and write, including political cartoons and freelance illustrations, opinion writing, interviews, and long-form essays.
Unlock $5 Access
Pledge $20 or more per month
2 patrons
Every month, I'll conduct a Patreon-live chat with all $20+ patrons, in addition to the previous rewards.
Unlock $20 Access
Pledge $35 or more per month
1 patron
I will send you one piece of original cartoon line art every 12 months (I'll cover shipping costs within the USA), plus all previous rewards. Which, of course, I will sign to you.
Unlock $35 Access
Pledge $50 or more per month
1 patron
Send me anything (you'll cover shipping costs) and I'll sign it, plus all previous rewards.
Unlock $50 Access
Pledge $250 or more per month
0 patrons
Every month, you and I will hang out on a one-on-one video chat, plus all previous rewards. AND I'll draw a cartoon about a topic of your choosing once a year.
Unlock $250 Access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

patrons
$343
per month

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Everyone should come hang out with Uncle Death.
A Let It Die cartoon.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Listen, if you guys want to have really stupid poo poo in this thread, you're going to have to do better than an argument about punching nazis.

BEHOLD

Pigman posted:

Having finally realized that nothing short of Armageddon will stop Captain Cheeto setting up residence in the White House, Hollywood’s liberals have decided to stage one final, desperate protest by killing themselves in droves. Precisely what this is supposed to achieve is difficult to say, but i for one warmly and wholeheartedly welcome this new bout of liberal petulance.

Lady Gaga, the fascist pop singer who spent months encouraging delegates to stage a soft coup against the president-elect, plans to kill herself by combining four of her most famous attention-getting devices – she will strip naked, then cover herself in meat and walk into a giant meat grinder while singing about being a rape victim with PTSD.

Liberal icon Michael Moore has chosen a less painful, but equally effective way to go…

“I plan to inhale while standing next to a Mexican,” he told our correspondent. When asked if this was not a dreadfully racist thing to say, Moore responded, “Hey, like most liberals i love their cheap labor, but don’t get me started on their hygiene standards. Every time my housekeeper comes over i have wear a gas mask for the rest of the day!”

Actor, comedian, and all-around jerk Alec Baldwin released a statement today in which he claimed, “Nothing could be worse than living in a world ruled by that little pig Donald Trump, so i plan to commit suicide by walking into a meeting of the Black Panthers and shouting, “You niggers can all suck my white dick – just like yo mommas did!” No word on whether or not the rest of the SNL cast will be joining him.

Bruce Springsteen, a rocker once known for singing about working class woes but these days best remembered for kissing Hillary Clinton’s rear end, has promised to shuffle off this mortal coil by going down to a dry river bed, drenching himself in kerosene and setting himself alight. When asked why he chose kerosene over more easily available accelerants such as petrol, Springsteen told us that he deliberately chose a slow-burning fuel so that he would have enough time to sing at least one verse of “I’m On Fire.”

Lena Dunham – a flaccid, butterfaced, butterbodied nothing of a woman who reneged on her promise to rid the U.S of her presence if Trump won – has decided to go out in the same narcissistic, self-obsessed manner in which she lived. After whining lugubriously that she refuses to live in a world ruled by someone who actually married and had a kid with “a loving foreign whore,” Dunham told our correspondent that she will kill herself by sitting in front of a mirror and gazing steadily at her own hideous visage for thirty minutes, after which time it is expected that she will drop dead from the sheer horror of the experience. In an interesting side note, the mirror in question is a one-off made from polished titanium, regular glass mirrors being unable to withstand Dunham’s smug mug for more than five seconds.

Famous singer, withered old cadaver, and largely unwanted mother Madonna has announced that she will take herself out by finally delivering on her infamous promise to blow everyone who voted for Hillary Clinton. The event, to be held in a swimming pool and broadcast live on CNN, will feature Ms Ciccone blowing all 30 million men who voted for Clinton, and will end with 30 million simultaneous cum shots. Yes, Madonna plans to die as she lived – drowning in semen!

But Hollywood liberals aren’t the only ones seizing the day. It is expected that millions of pinheaded celebrity worshippers will be eager to follow in their idols’ footsteps and so, always looking to make a quick shekel, Starbucks has gotten in on the act by offering cyanide-filled lattes come the 20th of January. In a one time only offer, all lattes will include a “Trump Can Kiss My Dead rear end” t-shirt, and a bumper sticker reading, “How you like me now, Republican bitches?” All this for the low, low price of $750.

And the entire New York chapter of the ACLU is planning to behead themselves with scythes, in honor of their oppressed Muslim friends in ISIS. This one seems a bit tricky to me. The average liberal can barely even operate a spoon properly, how these guys will manage to commit suicide in such an awkward way is a mystery – perhaps they can fly in some ISIS members to help them. Wait, did i say ISIS members? Sorry, i meant to say Syrian refugees.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+RedditShare

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress you Bors the arguement was almost over!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

President Trump is off to a good start. So far, he’s implementing his campaign promises and that’s very encouraging. The world may be shocked, but too bad. The world is used to the United States bowing and giving in to demands. Trump is a business man who knows a bad deal when he sees one. While Obama played checkers and lost, Trump plays 3D chess—and he plays to win. He wants America to win again. It’s very refreshing.
Ben Garrison

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

I thought Kamala became a super hero the same way static shock did with a bunch of gas leaked over everywhere?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Red Panels is a Trump Neo-Nazi

Additionally, one of the points that the alt-right liked to throw out to imply that trump is more lgbtq friendly than Hillary was that she supported countries that threw people off of buildings if you were suspected of being gay.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Complementary dad joke:

E: Going thru his site goddamn this cartoonist has the daddiest of dad humour.

False.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5Zf38VnTc

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I think the worst is the one where he outright says that concentration camps are justified by the nazi punching.

Jew vampire.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

itskage posted:

Barry

Edit:

Raz has the write up in 2014 & 15 threads. But he vanished in 2013~2014. Dunno where he was getting these from.

E2: my god I forgot how insane these were. That guys arm has 3 joints. Everything has motion marks, and nubs.

The Rise and Fall of Carlos Danger. A topic that keeps rearing its ugly head. It’s once again in the news, and hopefully for the last time.

Here are 3 Weinergate editorial, cartoons and post excerpts from early in the scandal’s history…

In the first Anthony Weiner decides to take his dog for a brief walk, but things get a little awkward when the amorous pup gets a little too frisky, and starts showing off his favorite bone. Not only embarrassing, this scandal would definitely cause some shrinkage in the old poll numbers.

The second: More leaked photos revealed a towel-clad Weiner, hanging out at the House gym. Instead practicing safe tweeting, and taking a much-needed cold shower, he is seen here taking some glamour shots for his next round of junk mail.

The third, from 2013, is on the attempeted reanimation of Weiner’s political career – when he threw his hat (at least I hope it was his hat) into the ring to enter the race Mayor of NYC.

© 2011/2013 Barry/Right-Hemisphere Laboratory

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Wow you guys must really miss Barry with all this soda talk going around!

Let's play a game! See how long it takes you to comprehend this image. It took me like a minute.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Where is the mouth here I am so confused :psyduck:

Froot Poops

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

darth_pizza posted:

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TRUMPESOR!"

"YES, BARRY. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD"

Okay.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Also you succeeded in your goal of reading a bedtime story :confuoot:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Finally managed to track down JaggerMcDagger's scan of "My War with Brian":
http://imgur.com/a/0U7J6

It's missing some of the most important pages (Brian getting disemboweled), and the little excerpt from Rall's testimony in an unrelated trial going "this part is untrue" etc. Anyone got either?

I'm still catching up with the thread so someone might have posted a response, but how are you missing pages?

I mean, I didn't scan EVERY page in the book just because of the fact that people were a little annoyed by the legal implications, but I feel like the shop scene was a scene I scanned.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Also I know Rall chat is somewhat over, but don't forget that he claims to have literally dropped a brick on top of someone to try and kill them.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

As for Chris Cornell, even Soundgarden is too much KIDS THESE DAYS for the molded over ancient souls that draw conservative cartoons; my guess is the few liberal hacks that take note will throw up a Say hello to heaven reference.

So multiple NPR programs this morning talked about him or had his music on in the background, so its possible I guess?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Could someone post a breakdown of who all the meteors are and what stupid poo poo they've said and done?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

So I decided to visit redpanels to see if he maybe started making comics again. He hasn't, so I decided to visit his twitter feed and see if there was any poo poo worthy of posting. It was mostly typical alt-right poo poo, until I found this.
https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/867655535507755009

It seemed pretty cute, but I couldn't tell for sure what about it was awful enough for redpanel to decide to post. So I dug a bit deeper.

May I present to you, SillyFunnyReposting!

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/879794058683666432

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/877210229552893953

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/876505958494687234

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/875068975494909952

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/874445312798097409

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Oh my, that's quite offensive.

Freep would love it.

The best part about that one is its literally an already existing redpanel.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/874445312798097409

Also
https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/866734429602971649

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

“Sigh. The money you owe ad tax is tax money - public money. Youvarecstealingnfrom the public in EXACTLY the same way. ” — tie a knot in it

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/893503000886611968

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

America is Great @DNC 2016 - We've tried so hard // and got so far

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/884514524338016256

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Cheen posted:

Keep posting the bad haha stripsa

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/894627610499719169

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Guys, this person isn't Klurf-related.

They're Shadow Stephanie McMillan

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Cheen posted:

Sure - and i still am interested to see how they attempt to get their lovely point across in a poorly drawn comic.

https://twitter.com/harharstrips/status/894989411246538752

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Cheen posted:

Id pay money to see ted rall attempt to draw a world map

Here's part of the world

And here's America

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

On the other hand, have you considered this?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

I gotta listen to people of color AND actively confront racist whites???!? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?????

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Reminder that Ted Rall works for Russian state media

quote:

Rall v. LA Times: Now They Want Me To Pay Them $340,000
November 9, 2017
Hi, hope you’re enjoying the fall weather!
Here’s the latest on Rall v. LA Times.
As you may recall, the Times won their anti-SLAPP motion against me in LA Superior Court, and we are appealing that to the Court of Appeals.
We’re optimistic, but in the meantime the Times has filed their attorneys’ fees with the Court and is demanding that I pay them $340,000. That’s right — the LA Times defamed me, and now they’re abusing the law to try to bankrupt me!
There’s a court hearing about the Times’ insane legal bills on November 20; if you’d like to attend please let me know.
Among the highlights:
Times lawyer Kelli Sager charges $705 an hour to defend them against the people they libel, instead of simply publishing a retraction and an apology for their lies. No wonder newspapers are in financial trouble!
One of the defendant corporate entities, Tribune Media, ceased to relate to newspapers in a complicated restructuring that my previous lawyer didn’t know about. Sager was supposed to tell my former lawyer; that’s standard legal ethics. She didn’t. Yet she is billing more than $30,000 just defending that defendant…when she could simply have told my lawyer for the cost of a phone call.
If the Times wins on November 20th, they will likely go after the $75,000 bond posted in 2016 as a result of a previous court order. If that happens and I prevail at appeal, we’ll get it back.
Thank you for your support and, if you’ve been following the fight between Disney and the LA Times, remember: the LA Times are not First Amendment heroes.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Tedd Rall wasn't that smart. I once debated with him that his lawsuit against the LA Times was stupid, that he'd clearly been lying the whole time. He kept point to his own massively inflated sense of self-importance, which I didn't dispute.
[/quote]

quote:

Democrats accuse Russia of meddling in the 2016 election. What do they mean by meddling? Apparently it means “exposing the fact that Hillary Clinton and the DNC cheated to deny Bernie Sanders the Democratic nomination.”

quote:

From Clarence Thomas to Jerry Sandusky to Bill Cosby to Harvey Weinstein, those who doubt their accusers always ask something similar to what Roy Moore said about those who accused him of sexual harassment and assault: “To think grown women would wait 40 years before a general election to bring charges is unbelievable.”

What takes so long? Why don’t alleged victims head straight to the police?

There are 17 good reasons in this great article.

Let me add two more that we don’t talk about enough: shame and fear of disbelief.

I’m not referring to the well-documented victims’ fear that they somehow brought the attack on themselves (for example, a woman who worries that she somehow sent mixed signals to a suitor who then raped her), but to something one rarely sees discussed in the media or talked about in typical conversations about victimhood.

Society doesn’t like victims. Victims make us uncomfortable. It’s probably a vestige of our Darwinian instinct for survival: the monkey clan prospers when its members are healthy and lucky, but finds life perilous around those who are sick and unfortunate. We turn away from the unlucky: the homeless man, the woman whose face bears burn scars, the black guy getting choked to death by cops. Not our business, not our problem, these are troubles to be avoided. I do it too.

This instinct goes double for those who refuse to soft-pedal their victimhood. Not even the most active social justice warriors have Rose McGowan’s back in her Twitter crusade against Harvey Weinstein — she’s a bit too angry for comfort. (Her recent drug arrest doesn’t help.)

I am not judging humanity here. I am trying to answer Roy Moore et al’s question. One of the answers is shame — the shame simply of being a victim in a shallow capitalist society that loves winners, hates losers and despises victims. Fake it to make it has a corollary: never let ’em see you sweat.

My friend Cole Smithey the critic told me a bit of film theory, after a character in a movie gets maimed (loses a hand, gets shot and acts shot, getting weaker and visibly bleeding, whatever), the audience stops liking and identifying with him or her. There are exceptions. Typically, however, a screenwriter will have a maimed character die, vanish or completely recover. Because no one likes a victim.

Getting fired and libeled by the LA Times reminded me of that anthropological truism. Immediately following my firing, I hardly heard from my fellow cartoonists. (That’s rare.) Friends resurfaced after I presented exculpatory evidence. A pair of taints (Loser and Liar) had been erased.

Then I sued the Times for defamation, and things tipped back. Some of my friends stayed true but others dumped me because they were scared that if they sided with me the Times and Tronc might deny them work, also because I’d gone Rose McGowan-y crusade-y. It’s true that the LAPD bought Tronc and the Times fired me for the LAPD, but it’s weird and anyway, no one likes a victim. Especially not an angry one.

Fear of not being believed is another underdiscussed yet potent inhibitor to victims considering whether to step forward, whether by filing a police report or going to the press.

I grew up poor with my single mom and we were short of money. To bring in some cash, my mom hooked me up with a job helping the janitor wash the blackboards after school at my junior high school. Looking back now, it was a situation perfect for an abuser: no one but an older male custodian and a 13-year-old boy in the otherwise empty building.

One afternoon the dude snuck behind me while I was working in a classroom and grabbed me, pinning my arms to my side. “Do you trust me?” he whispered in my ear. I remember his exact voice, the smell of his breath (alcohol, bourbon maybe). I felt his penis harden against my back.

I did not trust him.

But I told him I did, several times, and he believed me and let me go and I bounded exactly three steps toward the door, turned the knob and launched myself down the hall and flung myself down the stairs and hurled out the emergency exit, and I ran and ran and ran and it was so drat beautiful outside and I could hear the fire alarm ringing.

When my mom came home, I lied. I told her the job was over, the custodian no longer needed me.

Later a kid I didn’t know approached me at school. He might have been a year older. He asked me if I had worked for the dirty old janitor and whether he’d gone after me because the same thing had happened to him. I didn’t ask if he’d gone to the principal or told his parents and he didn’t ask me. It would have been the stupidest question in the world because no one would have believed us.

No one ever believed kids back then. About anything. The school administration wouldn’t have believed us about the English teacher who kept pot in his desk or the algebra teacher who seduced my friend or the driver’s ed instructor who grabbed my classmate’s breasts right in front of me and my best friend.

We Gen X kids understood the world as it was: survival was up to us. Adults didn’t care; adults wouldn’t help. Decades later, when I told my mom that story, she admitted I was right. “I assumed you were lazy,” she said about my quitting the job.

If you’ve never been a victim of some kind, you may find this strange, but there is something worse than knowing (or suspecting) that you may not be believed, and that is coming forward and letting cops and courts and human resource officers decide for themselves, based on the evidence and their biases, whether they believe you or not.

As long as you keep your victimhood to yourself, you know your experience was real.

(Ted Rall’s (Twitter: @tedrall) next book is “Francis: The People’s Pope,” the latest in his series of graphic novel-format biographies. Publication date is March 13, 2018. You can support Ted’s hard-hitting political cartoons and columns and see his work first by sponsoring his work on Patreon.)

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Are we talking about posting bad cartoons?

Do you guys want more?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

:boom:

I have to agree that I liked those awful awful cartoons, because I have a morbid curiosity for the worst opinions of the internet.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you for not arguing about Zelda!

Here is a present!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

For being from two days in the future, this seem's unfortunately timed.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Does anyone have the Rall/Penis by Penis crossover eulogy?

What did you do to get that title this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

So with all this focus on Disney buying out Fox, you know who isn't getting enough attention?

Rall posted:

Hollywood Should Totally Make a Movie from my book “The Year of Loving Dangerously”
December 14, 2017
In 2009 I published “The Year of Loving Dangerously,” my graphic novel about my anni horribili, 1984-1985. I was expelled from college, fired from my job and evicted from my dorm — and dumped on the streets of Manhattan during a long hot summer in Reagan America. I discovered that sex wasn’t just my favorite thing, it was also good for finding a place to crash. Manslut – that was me.

Year was my first book collaboration. I wrote the text. Spanish artist Pablo G. Callejo, best known for “Bluesman,” did the artwork. The results were spectacular: Callejo is a genius and evoked 1980s New York like no one else could.

There was interest in turning Year into a movie. Also a TV show. You know how that goes. I think the time wasn’t right.

Now, however, everything is coming up 1980s. I keep thinking someone should make a movie or TV show out of it. Not because I want a movie or TV show, which of course I do, but because it was so loving cool and would make an awesome adaptation.’

So, smart Hollywood peeps, if you’re out there, here’s a few pages. If you want to see the whole thing, ping me by hitting the Contact tab on Rall.com.

• Locked thread