Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
We were always going to die anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

endlessmonotony posted:

People die all the time, walk it off. I died and then pulled myself up by my bootstraps back to the land of the living.

I can't wait for the usual suspects to feel real conflicted between hating and loving Trump - he's technically on their side, yet he's burning everything they claim to stand for to the ground.

Are they even bothering to claim they care about those things anymore?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Even Bill Leak is right once in a while. Stopped clock and all that. gently caress the War on Terror.

Not quite. This is about not being able to get drunk in public for new years.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There is virtually no way that Trump could have won the popular vote and not the electoral college.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You could insert literally anyone other than Ted Rall and he would have made it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

neongrey posted:

How is anyone supposed to tell the difference between that and any given photograph of him?

The top hat and the sash.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nobody is going to stop seeing movies out of loyalty to Trump.

Mike must be waaaaaay up Donald's rear end if he thinks this is a thing that could happen.

Much like what happened with George W. Bush before him trashing Trump and poorly disguised Trump parodies is about to become very common in movies/tv shows/music/musicals.

Well, more so than before.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
No, Captain America fought the Nazis. Wonder Woman is fighting a nebulous group of German cult members who are fanatically devoted with super science from the gods not Nazis.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trogdos! posted:

quote:

Remember how racism was supposed to be over when he was elected? The racial division was made much worse under his leadership.
Yeah, you're right Garrison, all those right wing pundits and Supreme Court justices who said racism was over because Obama was elected were full of poo poo.
Obama banned torture you self-important little poo poo.

Red Ryder posted:

This is from pages back, but my sister works for Twitter and from what I understand they really chafe at the association. He is destroying their brand and driving away advertisers.

So just loving ban him and watch him throw a bitch fit.

Vib Rib posted:

Also good to see "increased racial divide" under the list of things that Trump is going to extinguish. Trump is nothing if not equality-minded and considerate of all races and peoples.

Well see, to Garrison, racial unrest is caused by minority getting uppity and thinking they're as good as white people. So the best way to stop it is to start persecuting minorities til they know not to speak out of turn in the presence of a white man.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Regalingualius posted:

They're probably afraid of the absolute mother of all shitstorms they'd bring down on themselves if they banned him at this point, to be honest.

They can't sell it and their value is only slipping. What do they have to lose?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Regalingualius posted:

Death threats to every single employee?

You say that like they aren't getting those anyway for not banning Anita Sarkeesian.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OAquinas posted:

He'll get @POTUS that day. So he'd still be failing upwards.

Who says they have to give it to him?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OAquinas posted:

I imagine its part of the white house comm office.

But I guess they could not hand it over and the most that Trump could do would be to make them lose their blue check. Of course, he'd also sue (because he always does) and they probably wouldn't want to fight in court over a damned Twitter handle.

Why not? It'd be great free positive advertising, and he'd eventually have to settle, because he always does.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

Have serious government strategists been considering what will change about Trump's administration of Twitter goes away?

I'm pretty sure strategists don't have anything to do with the Trump administration.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Duke Igthorn posted:

Donald only has three insults: overrated, failing, ugly/fat, all insults that have been leveled at him that he took very personal and, as a narcissist and an idiot, thinks are just as devastating to others as they are to him.

Which category did it fall in when he mocked the guy with arthrogryposis?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I feel cheated that we didn't get the Carrie Fisher in hell cartoon.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pants Donkey posted:

There was actually a reality TV show about modern day joust competitions, so no.

EDIT: Looking forward to comics about Trump and piss :unsmigghh:

Here's the script of Ralls one early.

(Purple Homer Simpson pissing hitlers onto poor Muslim family): He should be ashamed of himself.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Potato Salad posted:

A journalist bit a setup. Cue another 12 months of /pol/ and /r/the_donald feeling justified in ignoring verifiable news.

And just on the cusp of when they were gonna be reasonable and accept reality, too.

This reminds me of those "Cuba was just about to crack before Obama ruined it" cartoons.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Plan Z posted:

Yeah, I'm really worried about this. loving Buzzfeed.

You mean like how they all stopped believing fake news after pizza gate got proven false?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

War Wizard posted:

They also like it when people they don't like get hurt. Nothing more funny then a man getting hit in the crotch with a football.

But the ball! His groin! It works on so many levels!

xthetenth posted:

Can we at least take back silent majority?

How about silenced majority? Fits the situation better.

Hostile V posted:

Animals are innately able to sense the lack of souls.

See that time a bald eagle tried to attack him.

IT loving KNEW!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I'm not seeing it would be any different. The only people who would actually let it matter to them already were convinced Obama was a Muslim.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Uh, it's gone forever ever since its closure immediately post-election and nobody has told me why. I thought about making a new one but I figured it'd just get instagassed and I'd get probated.

Because us politics is so broad that it became meaningless.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Improbable Lobster posted:

Trump coming out ahead after his awful press conference and Obama's excellent departure speech has to be the most baffling/infuriating thing in the most recent crop of politoons

How the heck did he come out ahead now that virtually everyone who isn't in his cult now knows he's a Russian puppet? Do you mean "not being impeached"? Cause that was kind of expected.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Seriously. He's trying to claim Bush being mystified by a checkout scanner was dignified.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Its still Bok having communication skills on par with loving Muirspeak. So that story shows hes all class, but the story didn't happen. So Bush had no class? What the gently caress is his point, it fails on so many levels.

Although credit, since it was reported in the new york times, that can be called fake news.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 15, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why is mud flying at that fan?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I Dunno, you can't really disagree with any of them. Just cause everyone has the same analogy that doesn't make it inappropriate.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

The first two are children and the last one is a drunk. Now what does it mean? I dunno.

It means anime is stupid.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jurgan posted:

I gotta disagree. It's a nice burn, but as a cartoon it's Gorrell-level lazy.

And it would be improved by what?

People are really getting stupid about this, like the more overdrawn and cluttered a cartoon is, the better it logically must be. Like we should measure great art by the quantity of paint used.

Gorell sucks because he keeps finding an excuse to draw nothing with a single line underneath. This is exactly what was called for by the situation, and anything else would ruin it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

albany academy posted:

It does however do a better job of making a reader question whether or not it was actually something he tweeted, which a drawn cartoon would not.

This. This is the point. If any of the suggestions would have diluted that feeling, then it would make it worse.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How exactly is a big blob of oil to represent a dependence on fossil fuels not thematic?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Seriously? I mean, I get that caring about and drawing attention to native matters is Marty's primary concern, but I'm pretty sure it's not just native Americans who will die with the repeal of the ACA. The reaper is not discriminating here, thousands of all races will die.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Post poste posted:

http://superfxckboy.tumblr.com/post/155972405433/alwaysbewoke-alwaysbewoke-quote-these-today

A series of edits with his other 'not nice' quotes for you to spam at relatives.

Not to knock Doctor King, but that third one is very clearly bullshit.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Literally no one else is going to point out how repealing the ACA will affect Native Americans.

Alright, fair point, I guess I did come across a little All Lives Matter.

Somfin posted:

To ignore evil is to become an accomplice to it?

No, dude, I think if you can help stop a bad thing and choose to instead say the thing isn't bad, you're siding with that thing.

Third image, not third edit. America is the only country to ever try to kill it's natives.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wait, I thought it was Wormbama.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

World Famous W posted:

I got the winners of the Gay Abortions up now. So go and check that out I guess.

Holy hell do I need a year break after having to stare at that poo poo that long.

Seriously, if it's taking that much from you, just cancel it this year.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

World Famous W posted:

I just may being a little dramatic for comedic purposes.

As someone who had a breakdown from something similar, even just trying to joke about it might be hiding a very real strain.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, remember when Bill Leak was put to death?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Merica posted:

I imagined it was gold.

But however could Trump spray a stream of gold directly into his followers faces?
The 1980s Ghostbusters mount a last ditch effort to stop Vigo the Carpathian getting sworn in as president.

On the topic of cartoonists who need to be kicked in the dick....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Feels like Trump being elected really kicked Day so hard he's back to his old self.

Maybe he's reacting to tragedy by throwing himself into his work.

• Locked thread