Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
May God have mercy on all our souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Yeah, gently caress knowing things, am I right?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

Donald Trump is the modern day Lincoln,

Better than Lincoln. Did Lincoln appoint all Lincolns to his cabinet? I didn't think so.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Vib Rib posted:

Not that this sentiment really breaks new ground but I'm really loving sick of the "boy 2016 sure sucked!" excuse for a joke being so endlessly regurgitated. There was a rant to this effect on The Worst Things for Sale -- it got a little too into the topic but expressed a similar sentiment.

Everyone's been hopping on this train, from random YouTube commenters to Twitter personalities, but just for the sake of relevancy, let's assume you're a nationally syndicated cartoonist. You have the power to reach, with your words, an audience so vast that an uncountable many people would envy your voice.
You could say something profound, but instead let's just go with "gosh 2016 was so bad!!" Nailed that one. Great job.

To be honest the predominating message thus far has been "2016 sucked... and all signs are 2017 will be worse because Trump."

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Sandpuppy posted:

Our news media has been trying to make it clearer with visual aids:

Lmao, some intern transparently just google image searched "hacking" and took the first likely result. Or was a Fallout fan.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

loquacius posted:

Your friends must be smarter than mine because I've heard a lot of people in the last few weeks who are apparently 100% convinced that Russia singlehandedly decided our election results via hacking (they are, however, not specific as to what exactly this hacking did)

This is why I've resorted to describing it as "Russia did a Watergate." It's not perfect since a lot of people don't actually know what the crime in Watergate was, but most people are aware it wasn't about voter fraud.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Duke Igthorn posted:

I shared this comic with brother mine:

"blow it out your rear end. Have you been to any political group meetings since the election? The left is in big big danger, and if they don't accept reality we're screwed. But they're all delusional, holding onto identity politics. Do me a favor and name one conservative author/thinker that you respect. We won't beat this new form of cultural nationalism unless we understand the other side because obviously screaming that they're racist misogynist pigs doesn't work anymore.
Tulsi Gabbard should run in 2020
Also watch Adam Curtis
And that comic is funny how it's punchline is basically "look fox news! Remember to keep being a partisan hack!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...m=.162c13ace30e "

I'm sorry your brother is a dumb. This election brought out the aggressive belittling stupid in a lot of people.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Duke Igthorn posted:

Trump will "fix" your record low unemployment and and record breaking economic boom? That's...good?

Polls showed that Republican voters immediately thought about the economy in a more positively as of November 9 than November 8. The reality of the economy has no impact.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Yes, I suppose that is the pertinent bits of the Obama legacy if you're a well off white dude in a coastal state with a constant fixation on how the only correct person is you and a total inability to comprehend scale or context, Tedd Rall :fuckoff:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Hmm. If Russia is against wizards, have we consider hiring several to ritual cast Circle of Protection Against Fascism? It's worth a try, that +2 to saves would've been really useful in November.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

This is the best Bannon caricature ever.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Pants Donkey posted:

Since we're getting a lovely Republican president, perhaps I should start posting a lovely liberal comic. I'm bringing back Stanfill, you guys! Let's do a little primer first.

So close but wrong effluent I'm afraid. :allears:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Trapezium Dave posted:

All the Australian cartoons are about our current top scandal - the inappropriate claiming of travel expenses. We just can't compete. :(

Just accept that there's a hierarchy in the world of tawdry scandals in Anglophone countries, and without a doubt it goes UK > US > AUS.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

I would play cards with Sister Gladys, she seems like a cool old lady and probably has some rad stories about protest marches in the sixties

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Triskelli posted:

Keep it up you fucker, keep it up. When California secedes after Trump tries building his loving wall, Sessions tries to take away their weed, and who the gently caress knows tries to take away their water, we'll all have a god drat loving laugh at the loving McCoys.

Unfortunately, even this is Putin's evil plot-- Russia is funding secession groups like Yes California because it desperately wants to have this be the 90s but with the script flipped.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

loquacius posted:

I'm guessing from the responses so far that all there is to it is "while normies debate this question as though there are only two answers, Third-Way post-partisan problem solver Donald Trump thinks outside the box and discovers a third option which is obviously better because it's different" and that's that.

That said, can anyone explain to me why Trump is wearing Mickey Mouse cartoon gloves, what is the hidden message there

Germophobe

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

McDem the Crime Donkey here. If the president tries to grab you by the pussy, tell an adult right away!

But don't expect them to care, or for anything to happen, because-- all together kids-- nothing matters!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Political Cartoons 2017: If it weren't so depressing, it'd be hilarious.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

Ryan Zinke pisses me off that he went into the same field as Geology majors. I loving hate oil and gas geologists now, nothing but a bunch of fucks looking at ways to give there dying industries a excuse to mine public lands.

I rather kill my career calling oil and gas companies shitheads than work for them no matter how little they would offer me because I never took any oil and gas classes for my major and wanted to be a Paleontologist first and foremost

This is more or less why I went into archaeology; quite aside from the academic aspect, I get a little sick thrill from discovering archaeological sites on land intended for development by power monopolies and telling them to go gently caress themselves for at least a year and a half while we do a thorough assessment of cultural resources.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Trogdos! posted:

drat Kirschen is one stupid motherfucker

Donald Trump has alienated everyone who could possibly make his presidency a success, and now is only moments from crashing into an iceberg

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Y...yes?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Cracked_Gear posted:

Whatever metric you want to use a huge chunk of the people who voted for Trump were women.

So all these cartoons implying that women are solidly against Trump and they stand united against him are laughable BS.

If you think about it, one can't ever say anything meaningful about Trump's supporters or his opposition, they are ineffable sublime forces intersecting our realm from the plane of Platonic politics and we should merely lie back and achieve harmony with their oneness.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

what

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

SELFLESSLY DREW BRAVE CARTOONS

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Mr. Fowl posted:

And people like this Nazi use it to try and win men over to his side by inches.

:chanpop:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Oh god.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Given the writing lately, a Bethesda game is the only kind we could possibly be in. And not one of the obsidian written ones either.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Without the necessary counterweight of regulation, business will be uncontrollable.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

In which the phrase "you were right" is stated, and the correct moral option is to check out and refuse to take a stand: the Rallest of cartoons.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

HA HA WOMEN STUPID

This would be a decent groaner of a dad joke if it were phrased as "I put it there so it would be safe and I wouldn't forget it" because that's a universal experience but nope gotta crank the misogyny.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

21 Muns posted:

OPEN THE TYPICAL GATES

HUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO TUESDAY

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

If you ever find yourself typing the words "good Rall" without prefixing them by the words extremely not, you should look long and hard at your life choices.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

You would think that this man would be in favor of things like the EPA, which limits heavy metals that cause brain poisoning, but I suppose he simply views them as tools of the Jewish, sorry, I mean globalist agenda.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Holy poo poo, if cartoons are this dumb a mere 20-something days into Trump's bad stupid administration, what are things going to be like by the time Summer rolls around?

They'll be just as bad, but will be covering the Los Angeles Riots instead of this dumb thing

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

FishBulb posted:

Soros is gunna be mad you're spilling plans

drat it! It's fine, I'm an independent contractor under the deniable asset plan where if I accidentally leak they just move me over to the disinformation division for a while. So you don't have to worry about the sweltering heat of an unseasonably warm and dry summer, plus the mounting tension from a president actively mired in scandal and cracking down on increasingly broad groups of undesirables, swelling into the sort of demonstrations that result in dozens dead and entire city blocks aflame. :wink:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

SomeMathGuy posted:

Notice who didn't just get arbitrarily shot in the concentration camp! Lucky Ducky! :argh:

He'll probably survive all the way until the academic conference set in the indeterminate future, like Handmaiden's Tale, so he can testify about the horrors he underwent. :argh:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Oh man this one perfectly expresses a sense I've had for a while but been unable to put into words

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Some advanced mathematical models imply a theoretical state of being in which Ted Rall occupies a stance other than total blinkered moral superiority, but most mainstream physicists dismiss this possibility as mere statistical noise.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Hot off the presses, avatars for anyone who feels very opinionated about Why Trump Won!

Title suggestion: This Post Is Why Trump Won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

I... I'm okay with this prospect. President Beyonce would be a distinct improvement over the status quo and would probably have some okay policies.

• Locked thread