Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Happy 2017 from Bruce Tinsley!

First new cartoon of the new thread, and it's a Tinsley. What a great start. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Three pages into Politoons 2017 and we discover Ramirez's foot fetish. :psyduck:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FicusArt posted:

Artists with fetishes usually draw that thing absurdly well. If ramirez drew like, photo-realistic feet on his scribbles, then you'd know.

Okay, I guess we already knew about Ramirez's vehicle fetish all along.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Friendly reminder that if you don't think Carrie Fisher is burning in Hell right now, and will be for all eternity, you're some brand of heretic and will also go to Hell for all eternity. :colbert:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jurgan posted:

It's good to be skeptical of official sources, but rejecting them without question is just as dumb as accepting them without question. Conspiracy theorists love to act like they're smarter than the mainstream sheeple, but all they do is substitute Alex Jones or Breitbart in the place of "people I always trust."

I think this is a bit of an oversimplification. If Alex Jones and Breitbart and the like all came out one day and said "actually we were wrong, Trump is awful and a puppet of the Soviet Union trying to bring communism to the United States, we should have gone with notorious blue dog Democrat Hillary, who is awesome like Sarah Palin and doesn't molest children at all", then I don't think their followers would go along with it; I think they'd denounce Alex Jones, Breitbart, etc as part of the conspiracy. I don't think the conspiracy theorists blindly follow their leaders; I think that their leaders have successfully figured out the narrative that they want to hear.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trapezium Dave posted:

So 420 is the Donald Trump number?

Hitler was born on 4/20. :stonk:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pants Donkey posted:

That wall is never getting built. Ryan is a fucker, but even he knows what a stupid, infeasible waste of money that would be.

It was delicious red meat for the racists, but Republicans are going to hope Trump is preoccupied with repealing the ACA and dismantling Obama's legacy and the whole issue is quietly forgotten. At best there will be some halfass wall built along a strip of Texas just to fool people into thinking they're working on it.

On the one hand, this seems plausible; Trump is an incompetent piece of poo poo. On the other hand, this seems like the same kind of optimism that had us certain he wasn't going to win in the first place. :smith:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if there could be a news story so disgusting and horrible that JRROSE would take a significant amount of time off of doing political cartoons because he can't make it not clash with his persona. Like, I'm picturing months' worth of news cycles completely dominated by a Trump child molestation trial.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

D.N. Nation posted:

(drawing of a forlorn guy holding a huge newspaper with the headline "TRUMP MOLESTATION TRIAL ENTERS NINTH MONTH" and the subhead "TRUMP IS ACCUSED OF MOLESTING TWENTY CHILDREN OVER THE COURSE OF THREE DECADES")

"Wow, this is a trial on my patience!"

Who's grinning?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I could buy it for post-election Bush because he got a lot of poo poo for just seeming pretty dumb and looking like a chimp. It wasn't until he dragged the country into crazytown ca. 2002 that people's anger started to match the consequences of his actions.

Wasn't the early anger about Bush mostly a consequence of the absurdly close election (decided by less than a thousand votes), in which he lost the popular vote while winning for the first time in over a hundred years?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TheBigAristotle posted:

I love all these brave right-wing cartoonists that hide behind nom-de-bullshits with their hateful poo poo. I was glad to see that Daily Shoah rear end in a top hat exposed, I hope to see the neckbearded visage of Red Panels guy, as well as this cheese-named gently caress.

Can you tell I work in a job that involves helping people attend the Inauguration? I'm melting down haha.. ha... :smith:

IIRC Stilton Jarlsberg is his actual name and he used to write for Barney. Like, the purple dinosaur.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

Why did he include Lady Liberty?

It's a powerful symbol. You've got to use it as much as possible.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

The duck admires Thomas Sowell so much he thinks he shouldn't be allowed to retire at age 86.

Those Republicans sure do love black people! Why, they love black people so much that they think their work is simply superb! It's so superb that they, perhaps... shouldn't be permitted to stop working? What a wondrous idea!

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Why is hunchbacked Lin-Manuel Miranda so angry? :ohdear:

21 Muns fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 22, 2017

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I was just thinking about the old "Zyklon Ben" stuff. I find it kinda weird that not only has he allied with the people who used to do that to his cartoons (something I recall hearing upset him deeply when he first found out about it), but his views seem to have shifted so that he's essentially making comics for them. And to top it all off, the noses on his "globalist" caricatures seem rather large and hooked...

4chan basically gaslit Garrison until he became Zyklon Ben.

This sounds a lot like the origin of Darth Vader, but more pathetic.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

When did we ally with North Korea? :confused:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Skippy Granola posted:

I confess, this one went over my head

She can't see whether he's holding the knife to her because she's blindfolded. :ssh:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

OPEN THE TYPICAL GATES

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I hereby revoke permission for Mallard Fillmore to do the Dreamworks face - permission he never had in the first place, mind you.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pancho Jueves posted:

Thankfully, we know Lester supports the Constitution as the bedrock of our democracy, so clearly the cartoon is in support of the court's decision and not some hacky partisan hypocrisy!

The left and the right both look at the constitution and realize that it's incredibly boring, and thus daydream about other more interesting things, AGC

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone else spend way too much time imagining what people would think if we went back in time to a much earlier politoons thread and dumped a giant file with a year's worth of '16/'17 politoons there? And, conversely, what we could learn about the future from a year's worth of politoons from it?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Entropy posted:

garrison believing in pizzagate is certainly a thing

Gonna :toxx: here: if PizzaGate is real and Podesta is convicted for it - or if it's not real and he's convicted for it anyway - literally ban me from this website. I'm fine with it being permanent. I encourage everyone else to do this same :toxx: because Garrison is a dipshit who says inflammatory stuff that there's no loving way he actually believes in and I want to demonstrate that we're both smarter and better than him.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

Garrison is 100% dumb enough to believe in pizzagate

If he actually believed it he'd be in Washington D.C. shooting up a pizza shop right around now. It's the same deal with the anti-choicers and abortion being a new holocaust.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

duz posted:

Boy, you sure you want to risk your account like that?

Also ban me if Bush did 9-11 (like, on purpose) or the moon landing was fake

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sandpuppy posted:

This is Payne's first cartoon with a car in almost a month. Must be a record for him.

Missed a perfect opportunity to have it rated Y.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Angepain posted:

Now this could just be 'let's draw all them asians with slitty eyes' but I'm just going to tell myself it's Undertale fanart and be done with it. Korean assassins coming for your husband are probably harder than comedy skeletons to defeat with the power of Love, though.

Actually, maybe not! The assassins didn't actually know they were killing someone, they'd been told that they were doing a prank show with squirt guns. That's why one of them had a shirt that said "LOL" on it.

This is not a joke

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xenoveritas posted:

Like I said, the cartoon is from 2002, which is when Pelosi became the House Minority Leader. It's almost certainly based on her, although yes, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be generic caricatures.

Pretty certain that, in parallel, the Republican is Dennis Hastert, who is incidentally a child molester.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So Kirschen did a Jesus 'Toon, and then a cartoon complaining about "Jewry". Did he get outed as a literal Nazi, or what?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Spun Dog posted:

Yeah, I read it as Varvel being a fan of the cuts too.

Jesus loving Christ, what? :psyduck: I mean, I get Trump, he's insane and evil and basically not a human being, but do Varvel and his audience sincerely believe that having a free press is unimportant, or that children don't need media too? Do they think these things can be privatized? Good luck with that! Corporate media is consistently poo poo when left to its own devices and I didn't think anyone disputed that. Seriously, what the hell?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve by Pies posted:

When Glenn Beck was discussing the cuts on his show, he said the cuts to public broadcasting were good, because Sesame Street makes a ton of money off merchandise sales. They'll never run out of money and so taxpayers shouldn't be funding it. He also said that because of pledge drives and the fact that NPR had all the number one podcasts, that NPR has a ton of money and we don't need to fund it either.

Literally the only reason Sesame Street is so appropriate for children is that it doesn't feel compelled to pander to toy companies, like corporate children's media does. :psyduck: These people won't be satisfied until there's a gritty Sesame Street reboot in theaters directed by Michael Bay, will they?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FishBulb posted:

I mean that's true of almost every kids show though. Dora is a little communist who leads elves to collectively bargain and rise up against their evil owl master. Blaze and the Monster Machines is full of STEM buzzwords but it's always about teamwork and playing fair. The Octonaut's have some sort of military hierarchy going on but they're just scientific researchers.

I'm just saying it's not limited to PBS at all.

It's almost like republican ideals are terrible and would frighten children.

I feel like the more violent a show is the more likely it is to appeal to Republican parents. So they probably have their kids watch GI Joe and poo poo.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neodoomium posted:

Unabashed bootlickers like Payne and Branco would go down in future history books as spineless worms if their work had any artistic skill or merit whatsoever.

And that is the best thing about them, that nobody will remember them or care about their life's work the second they are dead.

I feel like if Sean Hannity, or Glenn Beck, or some such person happened to be reading this thread, then when they read this they would be traumatized into spending millions of dollars on a time capsule full of lovely political cartoons.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean, one of them has to get the "Race-Mixing Is Communism" memorial slot in history textbooks. The shittier the better.

it will be Ramirez :ssh:

I think Garrison has probably cemented himself as more important to the right than Ramirez by this point.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

It's obviously disingenuous for the Democrats to accuse Trump of corruption for encouraging Russian hacking when the result of that hacking was revealing their own crimes. A Bad Cartoon

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Trump and his administration are fleeing from the Nazis to avoid collaborating with them. A confusing cartoon? :confused:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

lol, good edit

this is gonna go right next to Bleached Bones in the best edits compilations

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Duke Igthorn posted:

"Baphomet! in your mighty name we have confused this small child!"

"Ok one: I'm in the tub. Rude. Two: why should I care about that? What does that gain me? Will more people follow me? Spread my message?"

"Well...I mean...he is now...like..."

*long sigh*

Why are you calling transgender children confused? :what:

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sandpuppy posted:

The Good Ones

What the gently caress? What the gently caress? What the gently caress?

Does Varvel even read the news? Does he think the Syrians who were just gassed were Christians? But that's not Egypt, it's Syria. :psyduck:

If Varvel happens to be reading this, CHRISTIANS AREN'T PERSECUTED FOR THEIR FAITH, YOU DUMB gently caress. That's MUSLIMS. You're thinking of MUSLIMS. You know, like, the people who live in Egypt? The country you're referencing? That you apparently know nothing about? :psyboom:

I don't know if you heard about this "persecuted Egyptian Christians" bullshit on Breitbart, or from your mom, or from your church (Southern Baptist, I presume?) but whoever it is, loving :sever:. There aren't any Christians in the Middle East! That's why Republicans wouldn't give a poo poo if everyone there died!

...Varvel's not one of the people like Garrison who's done a PizzaGate cartoon, is he? This is on that same level of nuts.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

fool_of_sound posted:

A Coptic church was bombed in Egypt you spaz

Is this, like, actual news, or just, like, half a dozen people loving around in a foreign country they don't even belong in? Given that Egyptians are Muslims, I'm pretty loving sure it's the latter. Are we supposed to care every time some dumbass suburban missionary steps on a landmine while taking a vacation in a war zone? Seriously stop regurgitating evangelical talking points

Regalingualius posted:

And while I agree that it's lovely that Evangelicals only focus on Christian civilians getting murdered, that... doesn't mean there aren't any Christians at all in the Middle East. :psyduck:

Okay, maybe I was being a bit absolute, but they're not a very significant demographic there. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AOL? Seriously?

TGLT posted:

Holy poo poo here it is, the hottest take about civilians being bombed. There are, in fact, Egyptian Copts and they did, in fact, get bombed.

Okay, I may have misjudged the significance of this, but I still think it's a pretty lovely thing to do a cartoon on. Varvel wouldn't have drawn what he did if it had been a mosque.

• Locked thread