Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Sounds awesome except for the last part.

I mean, if it happened in excess of two times, it starts being awesome again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Eat all the dicks, administrative shitlords. Thanks for jerking me around for the past couple of weeks, waiting to act until the last possible minute, and generally being unhelpful, which has forced me to scramble at the eleventh hour to finally get registration done for the semester that started last week. Double gently caress you because I had to pay out of pocket thanks to your stupid poo poo. :fuckoff:

And group therapy was cancelled this week because the therapist is sick. :sigh:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The 2017 FAFSA uses your 2015 tax information.

Which means I'm going to have to go to the financial aid office and say "everything came apart at the very end of 2015 and I made eight dollars in 2016, hook me up with a Pell Grant please."

App13
Dec 31, 2011

So worth it though.

Speaking of which, I owe $10k on my car and am about to receive a $4k pell grant (I think), any reason I shouldn't toss that at my car? Is that kosher?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I bought a bunch of weed with some of my grant money a few semesters ago.

Hope this informs your decision.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

You need that car to get to school.

timma85
Feb 13, 2006

McNally posted:

The 2017 FAFSA uses your 2015 tax information.

Which means I'm going to have to go to the financial aid office and say "everything came apart at the very end of 2015 and I made eight dollars in 2016, hook me up with a Pell Grant please."

Just another step to get that sweet Pell Grant money. I'm in the same boat but the Financial Aid office knows me well, considering I'm at their office every other month it seems to fix one of their screw ups with my payments.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So. Much. Graph Theory.

Thank gently caress my roommate got his undergrad in real math.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Graphs are tough, but an awful lot of problems can be solved with the clever use of graphs.

I suck at graph stuff.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What like plugging poo poo into excel?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

It's an important concept in math and computer science used to represent objects and the relationships between them. Think of a road map, for example. A graph consists of "nodes" linked to one another by "edges." A road map could have roads be represented by edges, and each intersection would therefore be represented by a node.

ex:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jan 24, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hate math.

Now let me go do my accounting homework :(

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Firearms Club that I'm a newly minted exec of is under investigation by the school, the clubs and societies part of the student union, and the RCMP.

They used club funds to buy handguns and ARs without being licensed to do so or having the permission of the union or university. To get around that they registered the firearms to the club president. That's probably the tip of the iceberg.

:canada:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:stare:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

The Firearms Club that I'm a newly minted exec fall guy of is under investigation by the school, the clubs and societies part of the student union, and the RCMP.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Frosted Flake posted:

The Firearms Club that I'm a newly minted exec of is under investigation by the school, the clubs and societies part of the student union, and the RCMP.

They used club funds to buy handguns and ARs without being licensed to do so or having the permission of the union or university. To get around that they registered the firearms to the club president. That's probably the tip of the iceberg.

Enjoy Canadian prison I guess

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FSU's college republicans got their chapter yanked by the national organization and the leadership is under investigation for gross mismanagement of funds, imbezzlement, and sexual harassment.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I didn't realize people could be this stupid but here we are. I think we need counsel because I don't trust 20 year olds to resolve this without major fines for firearms offences.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Frosted Flake posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Take some tips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi9pDPLqUZU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

The Firearms Club that I'm a newly minted execfall guy of is under investigation by the school, the clubs and societies part of the student union, and the RCMP.

ftfy

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

FSU's college republicans got their chapter yanked by the national organization and the leadership is under investigation for gross mismanagement of funds, imbezzlement, and sexual harassment.

I thought that was just SOP for college republicans

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

not caring here posted:

I thought that was just SOP for college republicans
Yeah. Exactly how bad do you have to gently caress up to have the College Republicans come down on you?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

I didn't realize people could be this stupid but here we are. I think we need counsel because I don't trust 20 year olds to resolve this without major fines for firearms offences.

Dude you need to toss smoke and get out of there. This will not help you on a resume.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Dude you need to toss smoke and get out of there. This will not help you on a resume.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll just shoot on my own time.

My only regret is not banging out a horse girl.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

You don't need to be in a club to do this.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

I was thinking the same thing. I'll just shoot on my own time.

Do not recommend. My most recent horse girl slam piece started peeing in my bed as she orgasmed. Never have I ever been so conflicted. As the owner of the bed I was going "Oh nooo!!!", but as a sexual deviant I was thinking "Oh yeah!"

This is the second horse girl who has urinated on/near me. This post is getting weird so I'll stop.

In other news, how likely is it that vocrehab will buy me a laptop? I have a GIS/stats course, and only have an iPad. My fear is that they will only approve some sub $500 plastic crap, and not the $800+ machine needed to run ARcGIS. I emailed my counselor but figured I'd make conversation in the meantime.

Edit: I'm also now in a course/lab with both horse girls, plus a normal girl that I dated for a while, plus a non-normal girl that I hooked up with. They are all sitting together and talking and it's terrifying and you should never sleep with someone in your department.

App13 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 24, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

App13 posted:

Edit: I'm also now in a course/lab with both horse girls, plus a normal girl that I dated for a while, plus a non-normal girl that I hooked up with. They are all sitting together and talking and it's terrifying and you should never sleep with someone in your department.

You gonna get pegged

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You could avoid those problems by just being good enough in bed that there aren't any complaints.

Also they definitely have talked about you.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

App13 posted:

Do not recommend. My most recent horse girl slam piece started peeing in my bed as she orgasmed. Never have I ever been so conflicted. As the owner of the bed I was going "Oh nooo!!!", but as a sexual deviant I was thinking "Oh yeah!"

This is the second horse girl who has urinated on/near me. This post is getting weird so I'll stop.

In other news, how likely is it that vocrehab will buy me a laptop? I have a GIS/stats course, and only have an iPad. My fear is that they will only approve some sub $500 plastic crap, and not the $800+ machine needed to run ARcGIS. I emailed my counselor but figured I'd make conversation in the meantime.

As long as you can make a case for it, they will get you one. Also, it may be location dependant, but in my case at least, I told them I needed the nicest (most expensive) MacBook on the market, and they never batted an eye. Yah $3000 free laptop.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

App13 posted:

As the owner of the bed I was going "Oh nooo!!!", but as a sexual deviant I was thinking "Oh yeah!"

Thread title

App13
Dec 31, 2011

ReverendCode posted:

As long as you can make a case for it, they will get you one. Also, it may be location dependant, but in my case at least, I told them I needed the nicest (most expensive) MacBook on the market, and they never batted an eye. Yah $3000 free laptop.

The one I'm looking at is about $1300 so I hope they go for it! (Dell XPS 15)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I HATE the people in my microeconomics class. There's a lot of discussion in it and last week some high school junior unironically told us all that pricerent control is bad, "Because it forces the rich to live next to the plebs."

edit: We were discussing price controls, but specifically addressing rent control.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 24, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
my macro/micro professor was the same for both classes and he loving sucked rear end, so i have stayed as far away from economics as feasibly possible.

my financial accounting professor is the hottest 38 year old i have ever seen in my life and i hope she will be my future ex-wife one day so it didn't take much for her to talk me into changing my major from business admin to accounting.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Pesticide20 posted:

I HATE the people in my microeconomics class. There's a lot of discussion in it and last week some high school junior unironically told us all that pricerent control is bad, "Because it forces the rich to live next to the plebs."

edit: We were discussing price controls, but specifically addressing rent control.

First against the wall.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I just dropped 500 dollars on school supplies that will be taken care of via student accounts by for VocRehab. Feels good

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I got an email today reminding me to fill out fafsa for the 17-18 school year. So make sure you do that. And then hope federal aid doesn't get taken.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would cause riots.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
for the laptop, you can submit the software you need to use and its system requirements(not just current, but future classes you intend on taking as well), then post up a suitable latop you can use to your VA counselor. This is the way to make your case since most courses don't list specific computer requirements. Also, the VA can buy poo poo through best buy(and other retailers) so you don't have to get some super expensive crap from the school bookstore. I recently got a $1100 dell for my comp sci program since the school didn't have anything under 2gs (basically all apple stuff, and super low end acers) that could run a few virtual machines.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
So today I went to drop off my paperwork for my special circumstances appeal for my FAFSA. Turns out they didn't give me all the forms I needed.

Oh, and copies of my tax returns aren't good enough. They need my *tax transcript* which I can only get from the IRS.

So I go to the website they tell me to go to and I need to create an account

IRS asks me for my name, SSN, and address as it appears on my last tax return. No problem! They accepted my 2016 return, so let me put that info in.

Wrong info, says IRS.

Hmm. Maybe try abbreviating Street in my address?

No.

Hmm. Try it without the suffix on my name?

No.

Without the suffix, write out Street?

No. Also you're locked out, get hosed.

It dawns on me about three hours later that my last tax return was 2013, I'd been filing jointly with my wife since then and since it was her TurboTax account (free filing for .mil!), her name was at the top.

Okay, let me try creating an account under her name.

Unable to create an account for this user.

Yeah, makes sense. She's dead and everything.

So I did it by phone and they're going to mail me a copy in 5 to 10 business days. In the meantime, I'm going to try registering again tomorrow now that I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Why can't poo poo ever just go smoothly?