Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Frosted Flake posted:

My school Firearms Club just made me an exec, I think solely based on being a vet. Is anyone really involved in clubs or student government?

I'm guessing this is a little more than just showing up to practice and meets like rowing and track were. Still, I'm excited to go the 3 gun competitions and shoot every week.

I was pretty active in the campus LGBT groups. I was nominated interim executive board president my final semester of undergrad but one of the critiques was that I wasn't "visibly trans" or a person of color so I kind of quietly noped out of the group after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

If you aren't engaging with your professors by asking them questions or going to office hours you're doing it wrong.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Vets these days, when I was in college, my Big 10 university didn't even have a Veteran resource center. Just some abeula who certified your enrollment with the VA :bahgawd:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

What's your bachelor's in? I'm going to recommend a masters of that over a law degree.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah I don't think there was a single class I did all of the readings for and if I did do some reading it was usually skimming and then paying attention during the lecture.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ahh the fist warm day of spring. When all the dudebros would bust out their basketball shorts.

So much VPL :allears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

It's visible penis line geeze :rolleye:

And it's awesome!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TBeats posted:

I tried to talk to that guy out of going to the diploma mill. He told me that have a great program for what he is going for (criminal justice) and since it's all online he can do it from home.

Another one bites the dust.

Hey I just enrolled a dude with an "airtight" diploma from some online university. He can't find a job and a month or two away from losing his house! :toot:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

not caring here posted:

Sounds like the only thing airtight about that is that he got hosed both in the rear end and in the mouth at the same time.

By his own hand, no less.

I feel bad for the guy. He loved what he was doing in the military, got medically discharged after getting hosed up in The Suck, decided to get the civilian equivalent degree, and got suckered by some lovely for-profit online college.

We're doing the best we can with his situation and at least now he knows to tailor his resume to each job he's applying for instead of shotgunning them :cripes:

Free advice: get some professional help with writing a resume and cover letter -- even if you think you know how to do it. Feedback never hurt anyone.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nine times out of ten n-1 edition of your textbook is just as good and is easily half the price.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

I didn't realize people could be this stupid but here we are. I think we need counsel because I don't trust 20 year olds to resolve this without major fines for firearms offences.

Dude you need to toss smoke and get out of there. This will not help you on a resume.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

App13 posted:

As the owner of the bed I was going "Oh nooo!!!", but as a sexual deviant I was thinking "Oh yeah!"

Thread title

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

This seems like one of those principled stands that might not turn out to be worth it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Soulex posted:

Cole, you and I are more in common than I thought.

Now I just have to be a bad poster.

i've got good news for you :iamafag:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I don't know which is more shameful: vaping or admitting that you vape.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Soulex posted:

I only vape weed because I pass out coughing too hard from smoking.

You got a problem with that you can suck my dick.

I like slow and gentle with a build up to fast and hard. No teeth.

Edit: the other vape is meh. I don't need nicotine or whatever. However, I can make my own THC ejuice and have a box mod so people think I'm a tool already.

:rolleyes:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

not caring here posted:

If dude was spouting murderous crazy at school and refuses to get help then he probably needs to be locked up and forced to get help.

That's not cool at all.

support are troops

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

RichieHimself posted:

I did an unpaid internship for two semesters at an aviation museum and it ruled. I interviewed WW2 vets as part of the Veterans History Project and did some smaller projects with exhibits, collections, and archives. Experience from that internship (and a glowing review by the museum curator) was directly responsible for me landing my chill job with the feds.

I have a feeling I know which museum! :nsa:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

When I die I want all of my group project members from my time in college to be my pall bearers so they can let me down one more time :negative:

Oh well, graduate certificate earned.

edit: also degree shaming is so :rolleye: it isn't even funny

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 19, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Please define "employable degree" cuz we are like two or three posts away from a reddit-esque STEM circlejerk and fart huffing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

My personal opinion is that we should be reducing barriers to veteran retraining and education not raising them.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Burt posted:

Can anyone recommend a good citation program for word that can use the MHRA citation style? Asking for my partner who is doing an MA in English Lit. through an online course [Open University] in the UK.

I found the built in in citation functionality of Word suited my needs for my master's program.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

lightpole posted:

Hah, that's what I figured. I can make that work, just have to remember to write legibly this time around so I can read my notes. Is grad school like business casual or just straight casual? I haven't had the option of choosing my outfit in class anytime this millenia.

my program was full of people who were also working so there was a mix of business casual and suits. full-time students usually wore at least jeans.

the undergrad outfit of PJ's or garbage clothing was frowned upon.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

lightpole posted:

On the one hand I am semi disappointed I never had this option. On the other, I just wore the same uniform every day of the week and only washed it when I felt like I REALLY needed to look good.

Cool, it's California and the Engineering program shouldn't have a problem with jeans and the MBA won't be too fancy either.

that being said if you show up for a group presentation wearing jeans and a hoodie, your group mates hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

🙄