Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Beer is good and worth drinking when your roomie finally lands the job offer he needs to stay in the country. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Congrats, dude!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The two minute warning has already been given and today one of my profs (for the class I'm getting whupped hardest in) dumped a big ol' steaming take home exam on us, due Thursday. Our final is next week. :wtc: Thursday, coincidentally, is also the new drop dead date for everything else we have (i.e. long-rear end reports).

Q: Ask me how long I've been awake for.

A: I don't know! :toot:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Jumping on things immediately is what I do whenever possible because I know that I'm a terrible procrastinator. Sometimes things just can't be helped, though, and you've just gotta take a big ol' bite of that poo poo sandwich and keep going until it's gone. I'm gonna try to get a few hours of sleep then get back at it. :sigh:

If you're lurking, let this be a lesson to you: get your poo poo done right the first time so that you're not doing it as a worn-out, sadbrains rear end in a top hat in your late twenties.

This morning, a different prof stopped reading from some of the material, sighed, then looked at me and said, "Naked Bear, I'm trying to teach them how easy it is to just read the textbook."

Yep.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Turns out that, this morning, when one of my profs said that today we'd write the final, he really meant that we would write the final exam in class today and then take the exam later in the week. Holy moley, what a break.

Meantime, I'm about to get murdered by two other exams, so here goes. :suicide:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

High five, dude!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

milk milk lemonade posted:

gently caress that these guys with tinnitus need free ThinkPads drat it

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Claim hardship, tell them to gently caress off.

Fair warning: might get resolved immediately, might take 5+ months (p.s. gently caress you, VA).

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Whole lot of cheating apologists in this thread
Hmmm, I wonder why.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The overwhelming majority of the (fairly few) student vets around here are Navy. :sigh:

I've met no Army guys and two Marines: one chill "give no fucks" dude and one super weird, lost marbles dude.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A FIFTY PAGE REPORT ONTO THE DEAN OF STUDENTS DESK. ITS THE CHRONICLES OF MY CLASSMATES CHEATING AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DESCRIBING THEIR MISCHIEF WHILE THAT HIPPIE PROFESSOR LOOKS THE OTHER WAY. I NOTE EVERY INSTANCE AND I NOTE EVERY INSTANCE IN DETAIL. MAKIN ALARM SOUNDS WHEN I SHOW VIDEO OF ME CATCHING THEM OR EVEN WHEN I REPORT THEM TO THE PROFESSOR. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY STRICTLY ENFORCED ACADEMIC INTEGRITY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TRICKS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL MORE RELEVANT BY STUDYING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I post about it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

If you used it at the same school last semester, then you're probably good to go. It can't hurt to pay the registrar and/or bursar a visit just in case.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Delizin posted:

Turn this into an even bigger headache for them than it would have been if they had just done the work in the first place.
Pretty much this. It's the only way some people learn. Do it right the first time instead of being loving lazy.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

TBeats posted:

Can you test out of it? I've attended three colleges in my life and they've all offered options to test out of lower level courses.

Last time I tried it I failed the fermi portion. I didn't even know what the gently caress a fermi problem was.

"How many forks get washed in the cafeteria every day?"

How is this even math???
Fermi problems are estimations and are more an exercise in logic than what most people think of as "math." By using rough figures and assumptions (usually educated guesses but may be pulled out of your rear end), you can get a ballpark estimate for some figure that you'd like to know. These may be pointless estimations, such as how many ping pong balls can fit in an aircraft carrier, or they might be a little more practical, such as how many ping pong balls would it take to float a bus. They're intended to be a quick and easy way to get a reasonably accurate estimate of something without resorting to computers and engineers and physicists and... you get the idea. Easy like done on a coffee shop napkin easy.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 10, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That person is a stuffy idiot and the very reason why academia blows donkey balls.

You can quote me on that. You can tell them that Something Awful Forums User Naked Bear said that they love donkey balls.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Futurama is simultaneously one of the most brilliant and most stupid shows to ever grace our televisions. It's so loving smart and yet not above dick and fart jokes. A true masterpiece.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I usually just let the beard grow more or less on its own for two or three weeks, then reign it back in.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

~*~ Eat all the dicks, VA ~*~

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

While you're at it, remind them that "organic" foods are nonsense.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Also I got one professor to agree to me bringing Monty to class.

:getin:
Hooray for Monty!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Maybe you ought to "help them along" to an "early retirement."

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Computer science students are just as gross as you might imagine. You know you're in a CS course when you walk into a lecture and can smell how many students are in the room.

Not an exaggeration.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Once a semester, somebody should put on a seminar about whatever the latest trendy tech topic is and, right in the middle of it, lock the doors and bust out the fire hoses and bubble bath soap.

Of course, the one big problem with this is that it would need to be held in an auditorium with good drainage.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

A field goal is just a normal two or three point shot.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

lightpole posted:

A field goal is when they throw the puck through the backboard.
Unless it's in the Bonus Box, where it only counts if it's been through a wicket.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

McNally posted:

Go to the dean of students?
Last time I did that, he said he "couldn't" do anything, made a snarky comment about his tax dollars and my tuition, then told me to keep in touch if I needed anything else and retired three weeks later. rear end in a top hat.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, I realized a good while after the fact that I should have done that, I was just too pissed to think of it.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

School of Life

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nope.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

It can't hurt for him to spend some time at a community college, especially as a way to ease back into civ life. He certainly should apply to more places, though. Better to aim high, and all that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Just lol if you don't have to buy a clicker remote in order to get your daily participation points that are worth 20% of your grade
ffffffffffffffffffff

Those things are so loving stupid and they'll make you pay out the rear end for one.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

this is the only vet lounge i hang out in.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I hear that bird law is very lucrative.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

not caring here posted:

If he missed 30 classes they probably won't recognize each other.
He should have a different prof. sit in for him.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Noice.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Iain posted:

Differential Equations
TRIGGERED

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Have you told them to suck your dick from the back yet?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I just remember a few years ago, a guy behind the counter at a local shop turned out to be a vet and volunteered that the dollar store nearby had Rip-Its in one particular aisle.

I found them. Welp. :shrug:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Some LSD will help alleviate the inevitable eyestrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Post malone looks like a dirty hippie.
I've known some dirty (and smelly) hippies. This guy just looks like a doofus.