Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
tl;dr VA done hosed up.

Students using GI Bill receive incorrect housing payments due to VA technical errors

Stripes posted:

About 340,000 students attending school using the GI Bill received slightly smaller housing payments in August than they’re eligible for under federal law, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Last year, Congress approved the Forever GI Bill, which included numerous changes to veterans’ education benefits. One change calls for calculating veterans’ housing allowances based on the ZIP codes of the campus where they attend classes, rather than defaulting to the main campuses.

Because of technology problems, the VA failed to meet an Aug. 1 deadline to implement the change. VA officials told lawmakers that it would be done by mid-August, but that deadline came and went, too, without a fix.

When the fall semester started, the VA sent student veterans their housing allowances based on 2017 rates. For about 340,000 students, that means they received payments that didn’t account for cost-of-living increases in 2018. According to the VA, the incorrect housing stipends were an average of 1 percent less than they should have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Don't wear an assault pack, don't knife hand everybody, and don't call people "fuckers" (even though many of them are). You'll be fine.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

DoktorLoken posted:

I actually did it :toot:
'Grats, duder!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

As long as you're signed out on terminal you should be fine. I was quite literally halfway across the country in buttfuck nowhere when my ETS date hit.

You should be able to pick up your DD-214 ahead of time.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Those job requirements are often such-and-such education or some combination of education and relevant experience. Even if you don't have a graduate degree in paper shuffling, you should apply if you can demonstrate that combination of education and experience. You're likely more qualified than most other applicants, anyway.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

We're not tools of the mods or anyone else! Shitposting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always posted what I believed in.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

lightpole posted:

Also, do JSON files contain images and if so how do I extract for analysis into R? Creating a convolutional neural net seems easy compared to actually getting the data...
JSON files do not contain images; they do contain text in a fairly easy to read format of keys and values.

ex:
code:
{
  "A Thing":
  {
    "Type": "Something",
    "API Token": "changeme",
    "Channels":
    {
      "bot_test": null,
      "fantasyfootball": null,
      "general": null
    },
    "League ID": 12345,
    "League Year": 12345
  }
}
e: whaddya know, there's a website dedicated to this standard: https://json.org/

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Every crystal is sacred.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

If it's coming up soon, you can also just put the month and year that you anticipate graduating.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Get you a GS job in an agency whose budget isn't affected by shutdowns. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72goReNPBQ&t=7s