Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
"The DLC codes included with purchase!" of learning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I have a really cool expository writing professor who is a super liberal/borderline communist, extremely pro-troops, and anti-war. 1/3rd of the class has dropped because she stresses the poor new college students out by just bluntly telling them when they're writing like garbage. She just insults the poo poo out of anyone who doesn't keep up on day to day current events, and people who shirk their public duties like voting, jury duty, etc. also get the verbal slam down.

I've not had a lot of college classes, but I'm willing to say it is probably one of the best classes that I will ever end up paying for just for the fact that she takes poo poo from no one, isn't afraid to hurt feelings, and actually gives very specific critique for any mistakes that are made.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Calculus makes me want to die.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I am already functionally illiterate when it comes to math, so I don't even have to forget anything!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I'm taking intersession accounting and I am really glad I took this for three weeks instead of having to take this for three months.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

TBeats posted:

i would never go back into the military unless i kill myself first, but i was curious if someone exhausts their GI Bill, can they go back in and get another dose of GI Bill?

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure. My brother went in as an officer, used his signing bonus to pay off his student debt, and is going to be getting his doctorate via GI Bill. I think that taking options like student debt forgiveness will also wipe out your GI Bill if you opt to use it.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I started taking 2.5mg to 3mg of chewable melatonin whenever I really need to sleep. It isn't a super knockout drug and I've had multiple times where I've taken it and remembered I had homework and did that instead, but it does allow me to shift my brain back when I'm actually in the bed trying to fall asleep instead of getting stuck in weird semi-asleep brain loops where I'm still thinking at full speed for hours and not sleeping even if it's total nonsense thoughts.

If you take too much it'll make your head swim and it'll be hard to sleep because it feels like the room is spinning like if you spun around in an office chair. My mom has sleeping issues too and tried dosing at ~8mg of melatonin and it kept her from sleeping, but when I gave her the smaller chewables I was taking they worked for her.

I think I've had maybe one night in the past semester where I wasn't able to fall asleep while taking the stuff and it was because I was super excited about a new game and also stressed about a paper I was writing and I couldn't stop thinking. Normally I'd have two to three sleepless nights where I couldn't fall asleep unless I stayed up way too late when I wasn't taking it before.

It's also nice that it gets out of your system relatively quickly, so even if you're just taking it to get three or four hours of sleep you'll wake up normally still. I usually take it fifteen to thirty minutes before I'm getting in bed.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Lol gf starting college and she’s like: “wait I have to pay how much for a book and I can’t get used cause I need a code for the online portion for turning in assignments?”

lol yep

the academic book publishing complex is strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Get a job where it's necessary. I got mine when I sent in an application for the whitehouse communications agency and being able to clear that was part of the application process.