Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Well I think it's safe to say I'm not getting that text today.

Goddamned VA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Welp, now I know why I never got my certification text.

The VA has no record of my school ever sending them my enrollment confirmation. Apparently my school must have fat-fingered my SSN.

Great system they have, where the only indication of something like this going wrong is "hey I haven't gotten paid yet."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Spoke with the certifying official at my school today and got a screenshot of my enrollment submission.

VA's full of poo poo, that's 100% my SSN on it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Internet Wizard posted:

Got my disability on Monday but just now got my books and BAH today. Even when something hasn’t gone wrong the VA still manages to mess things up.

My understanding is that books and BAH come from Treasury and they pay within 10 days of the 1st.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Dorstein posted:

I called the GI Bill line the other day and they said 25 days to process a new GI Bill case right now, so I think you and I have another couple weeks to wait, McNally.

ffffffffffffffffffffff

I called them today and since I was able to give them a cert ID and facility code they said they'll track it down and process it, hopefully the special attention gets it done faster.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Dorstein posted:

I called the GI Bill line the other day and they said 25 days to process a new GI Bill case right now, so I think you and I have another couple weeks to wait, McNally.

VA told me today that they've found my enrollment and sent it for processing, enrollment verifications take less than six days currently.

If I beat you despite having a two week handicap I'm going to laugh.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
According to the VA my GI Bill has been processed and ought to hit my account in the next few days. Hooray!

Still unsure of the rate they're using for my MAH, though. The number they quoted me doesn't match my figures. It's fifteen dollars (total) less than a ridiculously high rate I found at militarybenefits.info that I wasn't able to verify anywhere else. Eh, I'll take it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Hekk posted:

You should immediately spend all of the money because there is no way anyone accidentally overpaid you and will come back looking to collect the difference in the future.

This is 100% fantastic advice that I will follow because no bad could possibly come of it!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mustang posted:

It might be because you might not have been enrolled in class all of January, you only get a full months BAH if you're enrolled for the entirety of the month.

Glad you're finally getting your GI Bill benefits though!

I factored that in. I got prorated amounts for September, December, and January. The number I came up with was only $15.07 more than what they're sending me so who the hell knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Kaching! Money showed up as pending in my bank account this morning!