Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

warsow posted:

I think this was talked about by Vas a while back but whats the verdict here on honors societies?

I can get behind program or discipline specific, but I have a hard time justifying joining one specific to transfer students.

I feel like as a ~”resume builder”~ it just another way to show your GPA and that you had some beer money to spare, which I feel like I would be better off spending it on the beer.
Yeah, that sounds like scam. I got invitations to join a few of those and any of them that wants me couldn't be that exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My bachelors is a dual major in Anthro and GIS. I ended up as a GIS marketing analyst, which is fine. But when I do grad school it'll be in Anthro.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm surprised DeVos still lets anyone use their GI Bill at a legit college. Of course I'm surprised she's made it this far without calling someone a "loving serf" right to their face.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

US Berder Patrol posted:

Not letting University of Phoenix swindle troops out of their GI Bill sounds cool to me
Obama banned them for a while and their lobbyists threw a fit.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I WANT TO EAT A HAGGIS AND I NEED CASH NOW!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Community college had too many people there who were just killing time till their parents kicked them out. I found it kind of hard to maintain a good attitude when so many other students really didn’t care. Plus I had untreated depression at the time.

I was pretty happy at real college. Of course I had an associates so almost all my classes were upper division. A lot of the dumbs had already flunked out by that point. My worst, most stressful group project was in an upper division class. Ended up with a lovely team that made me more miserable than any group project in high school, CC, and real college combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We were supposed to do a video for German I one time with 4 people. When teams were assigned one of our teammates wasn’t there and we never saw him again, then another guy vanished never to be seen again. So the instructor cut down the time we needed to hit.

The most miserable project was in an Anthro class. 4 people on a team for the entire semester. Professor was a disorganized mess who I have no idea how he ever got a PHD. He wanted us to collaborate with some students in Mexico. Which could have worked except their class was only half a semester long, in a different field (Environmental Studies), worth fewer credits, and pass/fail. The rest of my team did do stuff, but most of them were dumb. They got mad at me for the editing job on our initial video not looking great. I couldn’t exactly help that they couldn’t hold a camera straight. I was so happy to never deal with any of them again.