Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008
Turns out I graduated after all. I had to get my transcripts from the previous school sent to prove that I did in fact take the class that was a prerequisite for every other class I took. But whatever, I am free.

Functional programming isn't super hard, it is just a different way of thinking about things. Understanding lambdas made Java programming much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

App13 posted:

Do not recommend. My most recent horse girl slam piece started peeing in my bed as she orgasmed. Never have I ever been so conflicted. As the owner of the bed I was going "Oh nooo!!!", but as a sexual deviant I was thinking "Oh yeah!"

This is the second horse girl who has urinated on/near me. This post is getting weird so I'll stop.

In other news, how likely is it that vocrehab will buy me a laptop? I have a GIS/stats course, and only have an iPad. My fear is that they will only approve some sub $500 plastic crap, and not the $800+ machine needed to run ARcGIS. I emailed my counselor but figured I'd make conversation in the meantime.

Edit: I'm also now in a course/lab with both horse girls, plus a normal girl that I dated for a while, plus a non-normal girl that I hooked up with. They are all sitting together and talking and it's terrifying and you should never sleep with someone in your department.

As long as you can make a case for it, they will get you one. Also, it may be location dependant, but in my case at least, I told them I needed the nicest (most expensive) MacBook on the market, and they never batted an eye. Yah $3000 free laptop.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

How does Gi Bill eligibility get calculated? I lost 7.5 months of eligibility from last semester which was only 4.5 months of class.

Also I have a voc rehab appointment next week, can that take effect this semester to save some eligibility? I want to hoard my gi bill for grad school.

VOC rehab will burn your 9/11 benefits, but it is still a better deal all round if you qualify. You get an extra 12 months of benefits, and they cover your expenses for supplies (including computers and the like)

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

I finished my AAS in Information Systems last term and have been trying to transfer to an Applied Baccalaureate at a local university. Basically instead of the typical BA/BS this takes your associates degree and chops off the freshman/sophmore year at the university. Sounded like a great plan to begin with but my first term (summer) registration opened up and I literally cannot find a single class to go to. On top of that, the only adviser I have is one of the CS/IS professors (ostensibly a professor of fucktardery) who is way less than helpful. I loving hate this school and am ready to just be done with my education because I'm so frustrated. That's my school story. Wah wah wah.

This is not entirely unexpected, Most universities assume most students start in the Fall, so they will offer the first step along the path then, which is not awesome if you are coming in at an abnormal time, but there are only so many resources available at any given time.
It may be useful to talk to the vet rep at your school about working with you to put together a plan towards graduation (which is something they probably should have done anyway, but hey) so that you have a relatively clear idea of what boxes you are going to need to check to get your degree.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

lightpole posted:

What are people bringing with them to class for a masters? Pen and paper or a laptop? What's the go to calculator to get these days? I haven't been to real class in over 10 years and need to figure out how to become a student again.

I feel like that is going to depend heavily on both the Masters you are after (Computer science is going to be more laptop heavy than say, art history) as well as the person. Personally I found for my CS (undergrad) degree, I retained more from hand writing notes in class than using a laptop to try and take notes, but I also struggle with being easily distracted when I have a computer in front of me.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was just told over the phone by the VA that my voc rehab hasn't actually used up my GI bill and I have 32 months of benefits still.

I just checked my Ebenefits, I also have 9 months, 21 days remaining. Guess I will go get that Masters after all. Thanks for the heads up about the tens of thousands of dollars waiting for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

all apologies posted:

I have no idea what to do but other than apply online and ill ask my local VA office, theres been no issue, and with a year left and showing I finished my two year and am finishing my BAS, with 80% I think it should be fine but ill try to not wait until the last minute.

Is Voc Rehab the way to go here I am talking about the right thing, right guys lol?

ch 31 = voc rehab? Also at what period in this last year should I apply for that extra 12 months? Online?

Does it matter at what period in my last 12 months I should apply? Or is this something I can do now and it just gets capped from 36 to 48?

You should apply as soon as possible, there was a recent change to the way the 9/11 bill is applied, and you no longer use up your 9/11 benefits while you are on Chap. 31 Voc. Rehab.
This is particularly nice, because not only do you get the 12 month extension from the chap 31, you will still have the remaining post 9/11 time afterwards.

Source: me, since I just recently discovered I have an additional 10 months of benefits I get to transfer to my wife now.