Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

McNally posted:

So first I got a letter from my school congratulating me for making Dean's List for my great semester! Hooray!

Then I got a letter saying I'm on academic probation because my overall GPA sucks. Boo!

My crappy academic performance from five years ago is weighing me down, so I applied for academic forgiveness. The school says to qualify, I needed a five year break between the end of my last semester and starting up with them. I was three months short of five full years, but I was told to go ahead and apply anyway.

A week or so later I got a letter saying my application was denied because I didn't meet the five year break that state policy requires. So I looked up the policy and the state says I only need four years.

So when classes start up next week I'm going to see my advisor to ask him what the gently caress. If it's a school policy, fuckin' say so and don't hide behind the state.

Jesus, it's like trying to nail jello to the wall. Why can't poo poo go smoothly for once?

Have you told them how bad your life is already? Talk to your advisor and explain it to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Dude he joined the loving Army. He is beyond saving but you can try.

Just got a call and my Vocrehab got signed off. Signing stuff tomorrow!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Is it though?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Still do. Punch him in the dick and take his phone away until he calls them and cancels whatever.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kuroyama posted:

Does anyone know a horse girl who wasn't completely weird in some way?

This. I had a girl basically go off on me every time I mentioned anything regarding horses that wasn't fact.

Oh your horses are sick? I'm sorry, are they gonna get better?

"You obviously don't know what you are talking about so just shut up."

Ok. Shutting up.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

I was in 2 clubs, scuba and archery. Both were pretty solid, made some great friends, good places to score weed. 10/10, would get stoned out of my mind on a dive trip again.

Good idea

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Jarmak posted:

Don't kinkshame

Don't dumpster dive.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I never understood that.

I am sure god would know who you were talking about if you wanted to pray for "that poor crippled veteran doing the lords work."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm fine to get into the best school in my state, and a couple decent ones on the west coast. I'm not gonna be getting into a t-14 but that's OK. I'm from New Orleans so substance abuse is in my DNA. Guess I'll see you on the other side, though not in florida because that state suxxxxx

New Orleans in your DNA you say? That must be where the garbage post history comes from.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Pouring through the ol' post history eh? What is it that you're so salty about? You from florida?

Nailed it

Edit: like yeah, I lived in Florida for a bit lol. gently caress that place.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I would also never go through your posting history dude. It's history. It's you. I ain't gonna gently caress that up for you. Ok? Ok? You're the best loving bro ever! Lets get loving wasted! Lets get loving wasted!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

psydude posted:

Only part of Florida I've been to is Tampa. gently caress Tampa.

I lived in the panhandle and it is worse.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That super nuts ft lower division work.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You live in the wrong area friend. Still plenty of yoga butts in Southern California.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ahh the fist warm day of spring. When all the dudebros would bust out their basketball shorts.

So much VPL :allears:

Quoting because you did a big ol Whoops

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've been staying Fridays my whole life.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm guessing visible penis line if they preferred dick

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TBeats posted:

You're addicted to the habit. You have no appetite because you don't have the munchies.

This.

I smoke a poo poo load and I eat just fine. I don't sleep but that's for other reasons.

I quit smoking by smoking black and milds and drinking 40s of O E

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

They bill you as in state.

Also my semester cost 45k :smug:

Gonna go buy books and stuff next week.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

One semester? :stare:

Yes :smug:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Where are you getting this near million dollar education from?

psydude posted:

Most for profit schools cost about that much, so don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

University of San Diego

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, USD is affordable for GI Bill and now VocRehab. It's a beautiful loving school and I love going there.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

Dude I used to live in San Diego and looked at USD for a hot minute before heading east to go to school. Unless you're factoring in the cost of rent, food, and blow into your monthly tuition bill, you're reading it wrong. USD is not 90k per year.

http://www.sandiego.edu/finance/student-financial-services/student-accounts/cost/undergraduate.php

22k semester is still a lot. Not that it matters.

USD is awesome. Small classes, yoga butts, chill atmosphere.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Not a lie, just didn't check. Someone said 45k a semester so I just went with it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Deathy McDeath posted:

This semester I'm signed up for a class on Graphic Novels. The professor is the former president of DC comics. College is loving great.

That's really cool

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What like plugging poo poo into excel?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I just dropped 500 dollars on school supplies that will be taken care of via student accounts by for VocRehab. Feels good

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that would cause riots.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I just get Walter on them.

"MY BUDDIES DIDNT DIE FACE DOWN IN THE MUCK, SO YOU CAN TELL ME HOW TO HANDLE MY SOCIAL ANXIETIES EXACERBATED BY YEARS OF MILITARY AND COMBAT SERVICE IN A CLASSROOM WHERE I AM TRYING TO INTEGRATE INTO SOCIETY AND EVERYONE ELSE IS ALSO USING THEIR PHONES YOU GODDAMN IDIOT."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

like i GET IT
but its arbitrary and I got my only B instead of straight As from that and this poo poo school pisses me off

saw a disabled kid eat poo poo on a sidewalk they wont clean the ice off of

they pile all the snow in parking pass spots while the metered spots are immaculate

i'm in north idaho and wish i was in NYC rioting or whatever and I know I can't do poo poo here without fear of getting lynched so I'm just picking small battles

Come south. I did a story on my school and the International Center for Students actually held a meeting for every transfer student and helped them understand what just happened and what was going to happen. SoCal is super laid back.

My laptop should be in this week :)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I get it about professionalism and id tell the teacher you want to appeal it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I don't do something super obvious on my phone. I don't really play games anymore on it. But if I wanna check my email or stream the e league major like Thursday/Friday, I turn the brightness down low and off automatic so only I can see it and it's all black of you're more than a few feet away. And don't use sound of course.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Also I am super fidgety with my hands and need something to tinker and play with. So the teachers know if they see me with it that I am listening, and can answer when called upon. I usually tell them at the beginning of the semester and get paper work stuff to the disability center to back me up.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'll put it this way. If I miss 6 1 hour classes during the 16 weeks, 3 times a week. I get an F regardless if I ace everything. Half a letter grade per absence.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've gotten where you are at, and I just yell at people on my Facebook at tell them how wrong they are for thinking this administration is a "great thing!" or how "90% of people on welfare are women who just wanna pop out kids."

It's relaxing.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mike-o posted:

I honestly wish I was stoned/drunk all the time, I haven't gotten stoned in forever and I barely ever drink. I'm just a loving ball of rage pent up and it's taking it's toll on my health. I don't go blowing up on people but it's right underneath the surface and it's killing me. My fault for joining the infantry and being a young dumb idiot who wanted to "defend his country" like right after I got out of highschool and Iraq had just kicked off.

I started smoking all the time and I'm not an angry mess all the time. It's still there but it has to be agitated first.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

Moving on...

I wasn't ready to move on yet

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TBeats posted:

I'm the guy who will ask questions on the spot while everyone stays quiet whispering to the person next to them for clarification instead of just asking the professor.

E: I also participate more than 90% of the people in my classes.

Thread title works out.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

Used to, yeah. Not so much these days. :(

So you went from top to bottom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009