Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I found out there was another vet in my class. Dude is super low key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I usually only bring it up to professors one on one or if Inback myself into it in class. "When I lived in Germany..."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So a woman just wore a dress and decided to read outside yesterday. Laying down in the grass.

With her knees up.

Facing the sidewalk.

Everyone got a view that day.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cole, you and I are more in common than I thought.

Now I just have to be a bad poster.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i've got good news for you :iamafag:

Yeah thanks for filling in bud.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My safe space is my car where I smoke robot dick.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Robot dick is amazing. Get on the hype train!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I don't know which is more shameful: vaping or admitting that you vape.

I only vape weed because I pass out coughing too hard from smoking.

You got a problem with that you can suck my dick.

I like slow and gentle with a build up to fast and hard. No teeth.

Edit: the other vape is meh. I don't need nicotine or whatever. However, I can make my own THC ejuice and have a box mod so people think I'm a tool already.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

If you aren't turning that vaped weed into edibles after you are missing out.

It's like using it twice which is really helpful and cost efficient.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Internships suck. Never done one but it's slave labor essentially and stupid.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh so a job

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

Hmm, just got approved to study for a few months in Germany this summer. Seems to be the best way of knocking out my last remaining foreign language requirement.

How did you sell this? I was told no loving way

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

Basically I need to finish my foreign language requirement with only two semesters remaining; my school has a summer language study abroad program in Berlin that should let me knock that out quickly. The certifying official just required a memo from my advisor saying I need it to graduate.

Cause they were offering that here for Italy. I mean it's Salerno so it will be ungodly hot but I'd rather loving do that.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

not caring here posted:

I'd email the professor with what he gave you, where you found it online and throw him the gently caress under the bus. He's obviously lazy or incompetent, which is kind of okay except that he's totally will to put the dick to you in the process.

I have no doubt if they accused you for plagiarism he'd throw you under the bus quick as blink.

This. Don't even think about him, because it's absolutely against your schools policy and you are endangering yourself by hiding it for him.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

Yeah go to art school if you insist on receiving praise for derivative and irrelevant junk reminders that life is meaningless

I will end you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

You know I'm getting an MFA, right?

I am too. Or trying to.

Still applies.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mike-o posted:

OH MY loving GOD YOU RETARDS MAKE ME WANNA ACTUALLY PULL THE TRIGGER EVERY TIME I STICK MY PISTOL IN MY MOUTH, gently caress

Thread title.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The truth is in the middle

This is called middle ground and it is faulty thinking.

You are ALL forgetting military rule #1

C

Y

A

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

Are you gonna doxx me? Or just cartoon me to death

Is the second one a question or do you want me to cartoon you to death?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TBeats posted:

mass punishment was a thing when i was in, so covering your rear end sometimes meant cleaning up after other dumbass makes a mistake and handle everything at the lowest rank possible.

That works until it doesn't. In larger groups sure, but he also said it wasn't the first time.

That is habitual. That is not "it was this one time!" Or "I don't really do this a lot." That is trouble. That is someone who will try to drag someone down with them.

Did you have troop before? Cause I had a dude exactly like that and it took 3 years to get him kicked out because everyone kept giving him second chances.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

Surprise me

I'm not good with surprises just tell me what you want for your birthday so I can get it now and forget about it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I've been the default leader essentially for my group for a presentation. I've been employing the Lassaiz faire strategy and it's the best.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

3Romeo posted:

I like the idea - it would've been nice if I had something like that when I started up college again back in 2005 - but what kind of inputs are you looking for? Admin pointers like not trusting the GI Bill to pay you on time? General stuff about how much you'll hate your classmates? Tips about not being the creepy guy at the party?

How to get invited to parties?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Are you going to charge them to access it, or was business school a complete waste of time?

The implied cost is that they are still idiots for like math. NERDS

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Jingle you beautiful loving unicorn.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Commoners posted:

I am already functionally illiterate when it comes to math, so I don't even have to forget anything!

This. Basic math is fine. I'll even fanagle my way around excel formulas. Everything else is stupid because I don't understand it. I don't want to understand it either. Just like you don't want to know about the Johari window in communications or why your resolution is the way it is on YouTube videos.

I'll leave that poo poo for people that can do math. I need flexibility and don't abide well by solid rules mathematics typically applies.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm switching my degree to communications. I'm actually kinda stoked on it over visual arts. Plus it's handier.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

My undergrad was an art degree. I don't regret it but it didn't exactly open up my world to job opportunities.

Yeah. I thought VocRehab was carte Blanche but it isn't so I'm definitely having to switch.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What ducking college student wears fanny packs?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Autocorrect. It's something I'm usually too lazy/stoned/ignorant/whatever to change it.

I legit met the vet who said 'cheese and rice.' Dude was weird.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

We had a Chinese dude named "Ping" who got called "Map" a lot because the dude never and refused to use GPS saying that maps were better. He was constantly late to meeting points when we gathered in new areas. He also got the ire of some Dutch Major who was showing us the pistol tables and Ping couldn't do the exercise.

To be fair, Dutch pistol marksmanship is no joke. You can miss one shot out of 20, and two of the tables involve shooting a target twice from prone or standing with holstered weapon and 3 seconds. Ping got as far as pistol out and ready and then out of time.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

rifles posted:

I'm gonna look into it, thanks.

I've got the IT experience and I'm working on certs to actually have a career with, and I've had a few internship offers, one from the research contracting company my brother does network infrastructure management for, and another from general dynamics at an office where one of his old employees now manages because I hang around and help them with stuff sometimes.. I just can't bring myself to even think about working on a 4 year degree with more computer poo poo, I don't want to program or do anything like that and I wouldn't be able to keep interest in it.

The only subject that has ever gotten me excited to study is psych so that's what I'm going with.

I enlisted after reading GIP for like three years so need I say more about dumb decisions???

Well at least you can scout out your future spouses at their place of employment whenever you move.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

Well, I got laid way more when I was still in, so, yeah.

This. The dry spells still existed but being in was a definite leg pleaser and me specifically not being a marine has gotten me laid at least once.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

SMDFTB is never a bad message.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I'm digging my comm work so yeah. Except I'm barely passing comm 101 because holy gently caress definitions.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Totally forgot about a comm quiz this morning. Didn't study at all. Teacher says we can work in groups. Awesome!

Cue someone saying the class should just be one group. Everyone agrees. Even with essay questions, we line it out for everyone to use. Everyone gets 100.

The professor said her other class was offereed the same thing and they chose to work individually.

She said she is gonna try to do this for our finals.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

How was that hosed up. That was a golden ticket to an A

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Of course it is, not saying that you should punch a gift-horse in the dick, but it's also a complete joke by academic standards in college.

Normally I would agree with you but this class focuses around media literacy and communication processes so it's actually relevant. Other classes I still wouldn't care. Most of the poo poo in these lower division classes are word memorization and I'm not good with that.

Literally, my class at 0800 is talking together about different media forms and what is happening with it and ad naseum.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This test was our symbolic convergence. It could have been smaller groups but we all agreed that we would do better as a team. The teacher loved the idea and rolled with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Aww gently caress