Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
for the laptop, you can submit the software you need to use and its system requirements(not just current, but future classes you intend on taking as well), then post up a suitable latop you can use to your VA counselor. This is the way to make your case since most courses don't list specific computer requirements. Also, the VA can buy poo poo through best buy(and other retailers) so you don't have to get some super expensive crap from the school bookstore. I recently got a $1100 dell for my comp sci program since the school didn't have anything under 2gs (basically all apple stuff, and super low end acers) that could run a few virtual machines.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
You cannot get gi bill benefits and vocrehab at the same time.

That being said, you do need time remaining on your gi bill to switch to vocrehab. You can collect full vocrehab benefits so long as you have 1 day of gi bill remaining.

Your counselor approves your plan, but you pick your courses and you can load up on stuff just to be full time. Unless you can't show progress, or your counselor likes to micromanage, you can get away with one degree specific class, and 5 classes of underwater basket weaving.

You need to be attending at least half time in order to collect bah, and it is scaled based on how many credits you're taking.

You can use it for employment assistance while you're in college time and after you graduate as well. However, you're going to have better luck going to careers fairs at your university.

You don't automatically qualify for vocrehab, even if you're 550% disabled. You have to take an orientation, then have a sit down with a counselor and explain why you need it. It may take several months for this initial orientation, but things move quickly after that. If you have no clue as to what degree (area, and whether it be a bachelors or masters) and job you want and how they relate, you're going to get denied. Most use a government job site that lists qualifications for certain job, and not all jobs are present, so you're going to have to be clever when searching, and you'll be asked to find 3-4 jobs of interest. If you can't get something that lists a masters, or some other follow on training you want in addition to a 4 year degree as a prereq, don't worry, you can apply for this later after you've graduated.

If you somehow gently caress up and walk into the orientation with no clue as to what you want to do with your life and get denied, you can still apply again.

Good luck.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
Are there any recommendations for gre prep courses? Either online or through or in person through kaplan?

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
Thanks for the gre advice. I'll just grab the ets book and maybe another and save myself the hassle of doing a show up in person class.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
If you think you're going to have to retake a class, speak to your adviser before hand, and chances are they'll waive them for you.

Most are p chill and will do this up to the final week of graduation, but it's obviously best to knock them all out asap.