Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Justin Tyme posted:

Anyone involved in Formula SAE? I'm at a point in my studies where I might actually Know A Thing about design and materials so I've been curious about joining.

At one point there was a goon in AI that was on a Formula SAE team, I think they still hang around. Make a few posts over there (chat thread and the stickied questions thread are probably best bets). There are quite a few automotive engineers there in general though, so they should be able to help you either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

:allbuttons:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
iOS also has it

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cowboy elvis posted:

Late to sleep chat: use a white noise machine.
I’ve got one by LectroFan. It’s fantastic. Worth every penny.

Seconding this, they own. I gave mine to a friend because my computer fans do a great job of this as well, to the point that I’ll wake up if my cat steps on the power switch and turns everything off. The silence is deafening.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
the Ruth's Chris in NoVA is where I ate the best steak of my life at. Maybe I just haven't had many good steaks but goddamn, I still salivate at the thought of that steak.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

LSD when used appropriately is an amazingly effective drug.

What I’m saying is: If you can, drop acid whenever the chance arrives.

:agreed:

poo poo did/does a lot to help my chronic depression. Plus it’s just loving fun.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Lol I only get Thursday and Friday off.

Rekt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I used to hate algebraic math and stuff. I did great with geometry and even trig but algebra/calculus hosed my rear end up, until I went to tech school and learned how to apply those concepts to engine/chassis design. Then it just kinda clicked. I still suck at math without computer aid but I at least understand it enough to get by.