Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bird cooch posted:

Edit: can we talk about the minimum wage too?

There's a bunch of dudes with service shirts, lovely beards and Mollie backpacks that make up the "veteran" population at my school.

I mean, there's a bunch of us that served too, but you aren't gonna hear about it in class. Thank god I transfer to UW in the fall.

UW Seattle? If so there's a service dog in the vet lounge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bird cooch posted:

That's awesome.

Charlie is the only thing keeping me sane this summer at school while I commute from Arlington and deal with rush hour traffic.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Supply Chain Management is supposedly the hot thing for business majors right now.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Product, place, price, promotion. Only know it because I learned it this summer while taking a marketing class.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

You gotta keep in mind most business students though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjv0mHpapk

That's me minus the suit. gently caress wearing suits.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
After I applied on ebenefits I got a letter in the mail telling me to go to a meeting at a Voc Rehab office. I think it took a few weeks to get that letter, though.

Edit: The whole process took about four months, most of that was paperwork shuffling around and involved some paperwork from me, an aptitude test, and a couple meetings with my voc rehab dude

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
You should instead say you prefer the products of child labor because their tiny hands are more nimble and better able to make clothes

e: phone autocorrect

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Being a student is easy. Teenagers are stupid.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

cowboy elvis posted:

You talk to women like they're the people that they are. Some will gravitate towards you without much effort, and others require a little digging to click. Some might be friends and others will be cool with hooking update/ dating.

I will say that if you're the dude who solely talks to all the good looking girls in class, that'll be to your detriment. Just make friends with your classmates.

Okay Chad

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

at the date posted:

ripoff of Baby Driver

e: I mean this started as a dumb joke but Edgar Wright did direct this and clearly just lifted the scene intact for the start of Baby Driver

He did a really good job then ripping it off six years before Baby Driver was released

e: never has any artist reused a single idea in any of their work. Next you'll tell me that James Horner's movie scores are all completely unique

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 16, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
gently caress, read that right after waking up and realized I misinterpreted it. I'll gently caress off now for a bit and get some coffee

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do you have 10% service connected disability? Then you're eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Baby Driver, while a great movie, was hell on my tinnitus

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Personal statements suck.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's not that I don't know what to write, but more that I hate writing about myself.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

Is this something you have to do if you're > 30% rated? I need to get the voc rehab ball rolling.

Oh no, it was just something I'm doing for school. I'm applying to the UW Foster School of Business and had to do a personal statement as part of the application.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I tried to stop doing that when I got out of the army.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

Aim higher, bitch. Vet status is like guaranteed entry to top tier business programs.

PM me your email and I’ll help with your app. I have some experience with this.

I used my vet status, don't worry. I just hate writing about myself, that's really all there is to it. You guys are overthinking this.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just wanted to complain about school related stuff :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Jesus Christ what the gently caress

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
So many loving nerds in uniform on the first day of classes

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Several swarthy Persian men in my Persian class. I feel great shame with my lovely can't quite grow a beard face.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Justin Tyme posted:

Don't stay in school to get a master's/phd you dorks, get a job that will pay you to get a master's/phd for free. UNLESS you reaallllly reallllly like academia and research and want your names on white papers.

The way I see it, the later you enter the workforce the less lifetime earning you make, that could be the difference of having an airplane or sailboat when you retire.

What if I just want to save up for a VR pod so that I can live in the matrix?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm in a two hour lecture right now and the person that just sat down next to me has some serious BO

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Confidently telling someone they stink is how I lost my virginity.

Do tell

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Aardvark posted:

This is why I avoid the vet lounge. It is not worth the risk of listening to that.

It depends on the school.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
We watch It's Always Sunny and bullshit in my school's vet lounge.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Same with Android

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
School started again. It feels like I forgot almost everything I learned in my Persian class last quarter and today was a whole lot of fun trying to remember how to say basic things.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
drat dude that blows. Hopefully it works out for you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Does your friend have 10% service connected disability? If so she should start applying for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, which provides 48 months of education benefits instead of 36, pays for tuition and fees AND books and even covers large items like cameras and computers if they're necessary for your degree. It requires a bit more work but it's totally worth it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mods change my name posted:

It really seems to vary a lot by individual case managers it seems, it's still worth trying for and seeing what they say

Pretty much this

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Why do you still need access to iperms?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do you not have a copy of your DD-214? That and medical records are about the only paperwork you'll need now that you're out.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I keep a copy of my laminated permanent profile in case any of my teachers want me to do PT

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Have you tried https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/ ?

Edit: nevermind, I guess they redid the websites since the last time I used them and the old benefits site redirects to the new vets.gov site. My bad.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 6, 2018

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just lol if you don't have to buy a clicker remote in order to get your daily participation points that are worth 20% of your grade

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That's how I got accepted into business school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The other day in my school's vet lounge some dude was sharing a STDH story about shutting down some SJW arguing for gun control or some poo poo. It was fun listening to him because he kept making a bigger and bigger rear end of himself.