Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

One team member said they wanted to add one figure and would be complete last night, meanwhile I added in a bunch of text with the editor yesterday. Sent a final warning e-mail today calling for content this morning. Guess that final figure isn't going in. Whatever, I have my A.

I'm in a three-way for a project with two other dudes right now. Guy 2 and I finish our loads and give some advice to guy 3, who isn't keeping up with us. After waiting for a while we finally just ended up helping him finish and then he just ghosted on us today after we turned in the assignment.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My capstone for accounting involves me caring waaaaaaaaay too much about Applebee's

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Woof Blitzer posted:

Can you do (assist) research as an undergrad?

I'm going to be doing that this summer with a professor in my accounting department. Tomorrow I'm going to be talking to my adviser about it, but in talking with my professor it shouldn't be a big deal.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Down Dog is a nice yoga app for beginners that doesn't do any mysticism stuff

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Physics II is hard as poo poo. I dropped out of school after I got super loving overwhelmed by that class. After that I enlisted with an 18X (yes, really) contract before ending up just 11B1P in Italy and Bragg. If you keep yourself from loving up like I did you should be okay. Have you been going to office hours and poo poo throughout the semester?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

NAPALM STICKS TO posted:

what should i use my gi bill for? i own my own company in a field where degrees dont matter. give me fun unconventional ideas or else its just going to sit there wasting away. also i hate school so if it involves like actual real schoolwork ehhh

The most excited teachers and students I've met have all been geology related fields.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

The geology episode of From the Earth to the Moon is the most excited I've ever seen people about rocks.

Space rock people are really, really into rocks. I took a class from a dude who really liked space rocks and goddamn did he love his work.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Doubtful, article says VA still has an appeal and will likely change the rules

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Flying_Crab posted:

Only if you became eligible after a certain date which AFAIK was 2013 or 2014? Correct me if I'm wrong.

quote:

Elimination of 15-year Limitation to use the Post-9/11 GI Bill Program

The law removes the time limitation for the use of Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits for individuals whose last discharge or release from active duty is on or after January 1, 2013, children of deceased Servicemembers who first become entitled to Post-9/11 GI Bill program benefits on or after January 1, 2013, and all Fry spouses.

All others remain subject to the current 15-year time limitation for using their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.

It's basically a big gently caress you if you joined during the surge and did 5 years or less

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The textbook for my business ethics class is incredible. In trying to put a positive spin on the fact that most Americans distrust "Managers' Values" it tells the reader:

"However, a recent study found that today's managers place slightly more importance on moral values, such as honesty and forgiveness, than did managers in the 1980s,"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Today, after giving a group presentation on drones and their commercial application, my business ethics teacher told us our very brief timeline of drone development should have included 9/11.

At least this time when discussing 9/11 she didn't talk about the Muslims celebrating in the streets.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nick Soapdish posted:

Would there be a reason why my MHA payment is about a grand less than it was Fall 2019 or Spring 2019 semesters? Still in same program (MSW), still at same school (USC), and same credit hours (14). It is a virtual program and I have been receiving the housing rate for LA since I started my internship in Spring 2019. Now the rate isn't even that or where I live at.

Did school run the entire month?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

dadjokes posted:

Just wanted to come in and say my wife works at a community college and they held a student veterans welcome event where they invited everyone but the actual student veterans. She said she got there and it was a bunch of deans and board of trustee members and she asked where are the students and the person running the event (who doesn't usually have anything to do with veterans affairs) basically just blinked and said oh gently caress and walked away.

:lol:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I finally framed my diploma. Only took several loving months.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
thanks all

it's loving weird to finally be finished with that after dropping out and doing army. I started a big person job yesterday and begin wfh Monday morning

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The plan is in two to three years after I get a little experience I'll apply to grad school, but I'm not going for an MBA.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
You should be able to get that laptop reimbursed if you needed it right away for classes, just get on it with your counselor as soon as you can.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

maffew buildings posted:

Anyone have experience with VA overpayments? I got a note I owe money, both tuition and housing allowance overpayment. Housing, yeah great, got it but the tuition overpayment wasn't received by me but the institution. Going to drop a line to the vet center at the school about this but figured I would ask here. It is a very VA move to tell me to ante up for money I didn't receive, though, so that's fun.

Yeah. I had to withdraw from classes. It came out of my disability for a while until I paid back the amount.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That seems like some bullshit. In my case I was paying back the BAH I got for the classes I withdrew from.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
McNally ain't trying to use VR&E in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Nah, that p well covers it