Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Thought I was the old guy in class today and in walks a guy who looked legit like Bernie Sanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hey I just enrolled a dude with an "airtight" diploma from some online university. He can't find a job and a month or two away from losing his house! :toot:

Sounds like the only thing airtight about that is that he got hosed both in the rear end and in the mouth at the same time.

By his own hand, no less.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

FSU's college republicans got their chapter yanked by the national organization and the leadership is under investigation for gross mismanagement of funds, imbezzlement, and sexual harassment.

I thought that was just SOP for college republicans

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

App13 posted:

Edit: I'm also now in a course/lab with both horse girls, plus a normal girl that I dated for a while, plus a non-normal girl that I hooked up with. They are all sitting together and talking and it's terrifying and you should never sleep with someone in your department.

You gonna get pegged

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's an intentionally unhelpful motherfucker.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think it was Mr. Nice that said something about vet friendly schools, and he's right.

My school is super vet friendly and will bend over backwards for you. I had a real oddity of a problem and as soon as veteran was mentioned every one automatically jumped through hoops to make poo poo happen. They are even refurbishing a building and turning it into a vet center, and it's a pretty small school.

Unfortunately the majority of the actual vets are insufferable motard gently caress nuts who can't let go of the military but I don't have to interact them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Out of the 6 I spotted at the start of the semester - and by spotted I mean they constantly started each sentence with "AS A VETERAN I" - I'm the only one left. No one knows though, and if anyone asks I say I used to work for the government doing pointless bullshit which is completely accurate.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If dude was spouting murderous crazy at school and refuses to get help then he probably needs to be locked up and forced to get help.

That's not cool at all.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
A week is a while. I'd shoot an email or a quick phone call, they might have your wrong address or something.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'd email the professor with what he gave you, where you found it online and throw him the gently caress under the bus. He's obviously lazy or incompetent, which is kind of okay except that he's totally will to put the dick to you in the process.

I have no doubt if they accused you for plagiarism he'd throw you under the bus quick as blink.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TBeats posted:

You're right.

gently caress you got mine. Ruin the guy's grade in the class. It'll be worth it because there are no other alternatives other than to do all the work yourself anyway after you tell on the guy.

You know, I get this up to a point. If you wanna try and copy off my test when you're sitting near me in an exam, whatever, you wanna run that risk good luck. You wanna set up some kind of cheating ring where half the class is cheating off each other, go nuts, I really don't care. Try and use a smart phone, fancy calculator, cheat sheet, write on your leg or hand, whatever, it's your risk, you go right ahead. I'm not gonna narc you out. Best case, you get some easy marks. Worst case, you just hosed yourself. It isn't going to affect me, or anyone else who was wasn't cheating at all (except maybe a few points on a curve grade but whatever)

But when you give someone some lazy, easily google-able poo poo that doesn't even look like the work that is supposed to be turned in, you have just hosed someone else. You run the benefit of getting more marks than having handed in nothing, but you have just dumped all your lovely risk onto someone else, who has done the work. By plagiarizing, you have just actively hosed everyone else in your group. They didn't get a choice, they won't see any benefit, they just unknowingly took on all that risk for literally no reward, that you will then reap assuming you don't get everyone hosed in the process.

Ratting a dude out for having tried to gently caress you isn't loving him over. He just tried to gently caress you over without even a courtesy lick and is quite happy to watch you eat poo poo because he didn't want to do some work.

Basically, if you'll only sink yourself, go ahead. If you're gonna sink other people as well, then gently caress you.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mike-o posted:

OH MY loving GOD YOU RETARDS MAKE ME WANNA ACTUALLY PULL THE TRIGGER EVERY TIME I STICK MY PISTOL IN MY MOUTH, gently caress

Then don't stick it in your mouth, duh.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I used to work near a brothel and there was a noticeably sized sign outside that said "NO GREEK STYLE" so welp that's my Greek life story.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I got assigned a group project in a gen ed class and I'm literally retarded and I now understand all you guys pain re group projects.

When I'm the stellar performer you should be loving ashamed.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm sure I've said it before, but a really common theme from combat arms dickheads like myself is that college is for faggots

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

MancXVI posted:

Thanks, everyone. Now it's time to put this degree to good use: gonna live in a school bus on the gulf coast of Florida and subsist on coors light and fish

RIP your bus toilet.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I have learned that every little thing you get assigned in school you should do immediately. Because for every professor you have that has everything well paced and sorted out you've got 3 more that possibly have amphetamine / family / chronic disorganization / general life issues and they are going to take it out on YOU.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hahahahha, what the gently caress

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Fashion criticism by someone who wears a hat indoors and peddling crack is to be completely and utterly ignored.

From my experience so far jeans and a t-shirt is dressing up for college.

gently caress, I wear buttons and people think I'm faculty (I'm also old though).

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If I was getting graded on a curve and some dudes were blatantly cheating I'd be the biggest bitch snitch that ever snitched a bitch.

No curve though, meh.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TBeats posted:

If you can't take the heat then get out of the snitchen

Noice.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My experience with veteran students has not been impressive. I think they probably have a better percentage of high achievers compared to everyone else, but the turd factor on a lot of them is discouraging.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Howard Phillips posted:

Starting grad school this fall.

The required health questionnaire and immunization records verification sheets are supposed to be signed by a doctor. Where do I get this poo poo signed? I'm already separated and obviously Tricare is no bueno.

See if your school has a medical clinic that can fit the bill. It should just be a simple antibody test if you don't have the paperwork handy.

My wife did it this way and they charged her 80 dollars and were done in 15 minutes after a walk in.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My experience with the GI Bill is that the VA is nearly always a travesty at the start of the semester, but assuming your school hasn't hosed it up, they catch up. Eventually.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What the gently caress is that poo poo

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hey, I just got a letter from school and it says that I should join something called Phi Theta Kappa. I go to the website and it sounds like a bunch of huffing your own farts, is there a plus to joining poo poo like this?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay so seeing as how no one has heard of that one will probably give it a miss as I don't want to huff my own farts (protein heavy diet and I might die)

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Making sudafed from meth.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've had 1 group thing so far, and thankfully I got some of the effort students in the group, but then this one goon looking motherfucker that was just plain dumber than poo poo. Thankfully we could give him a role so small that if he didn't even do it it wouldn't bother us that much.

I had my first chem lab last week and apparently everything is done with partners. I just put my stuff near the lab bench and just got nabbed immediately by this woman who claimed me as her lab partner. I wondered why then I realized that this creepy as all gently caress weirdo with a pedo stache and a neckbeard was gonna be her other option, and she turned out to be really switched on, so that was good news as well.

So I've had a good run with group stuff so far but I count myself very, very lucky.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Lie.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Make poo poo up about yourself.

They aren't the FBI, who cares.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That quick menu that you drag down from the top has it in there.

At least on the Pixel anyway

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

mods change my name posted:

I don't want to go back to school this semester it all seems so pointless I have no idea what I want to do with myself

Working towards something is better than not doing anything so if the only thing that gets you going to class is "get paid" then gently caress it, that's what it is for this semester.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, got mine the day after Christmas for whatever random reason.

Another guy just got his today, but he got all his paperwork in late. Our VA person at our school is really good though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I wish I had an answer for you but the VA is just gonna VA.

poo poo is so loving random and I get so many partial payments that they could be shorting me and I wouldn't even know.

I'm pretty sure it eventually works out though. Might drop in to see your schools VA person though, just in case there's something dumb going on.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've had a Surface Pro for a few years now and poo poo is legit. I take notes at school with the pen, use it as a laptop with the keyboard, and it's got enough oomph to do 3D modelling and some game stuff so I'm really happy with it.

Someone was telling me the other day that the price went up though. I don't know if that's true so you'd have to decide if it's worth it or not.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah if you just want to take notes and make snap chats with your dick pics or whatever then just get anything. If you want to do that AND do anything that requires some power then the surface pro is pretty snazzy.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Or apparently most people's asses in here as I've learned recently

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If they mad about you now why in the blue gently caress would you want to voluntarily see them more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, GI Bill specific but if you are on your last semester for your AA, BS, whatever, then they let you load up to get a full time course load.

Unless someone has told you specifically that Voc Rehab doesn't do that, then I'd look into it.

Then if someone has told you that, then I'd look into the rules.