Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Waiting for a decision on my transfer application, but somehow I got an email about campus tours specifically aimed at accepted students... Maybe left hand wants to actually start talking to right hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

So I've used Ch. 33 benefits for ~2 years, and notice the school hasn't been paid so they haven't thrown me my Pell money. I see you fucks talking about checking payment status so I go on eBenefits aaaand...

"If you have eligibility for the Post-9/11 GI Bill and any other GI Bill program you must make an irrevocable election of the Post-9/11 GI Bill before you can receive any benefits. Apply for Chapter 33."

:commissar:

lightpole posted:

Pretty sure I've used the phrase "Straighten your poo poo out" when talking to professors.

Apparently it is uncouth to tell someone to "unfuck themselves".

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

At least you have a stated reason why you’re not getting money.

I haven’t gotten anything. School hasn’t gotten anything. Nobody knows why.

Oh no, this is some "apply for ed benefits (that you've already been using) and elect for Ch33" level bullshit before I can actually see payment activity through eBenefits. Certifying official rubber stamped my poo poo and submitted it a whiiiiile ago, it's just the Byzantine-level VA fuckery in action.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Okay, now I start getting loving cranky. If it's the VA loving up, the school could at least kick me my goddamn Pell. If it's the school and I haven't received a single email or call about it, I'm going to have to email them so the wide-eyed crazy doesn't come through over the phone or in person.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I'm starting to realize that this TA work next semester is beginning to encounter a whole lot of mission creep. Little alarming when the professor starts off the initial meeting talking about not just responsibilities and roles but creating dozens of hours of new content outside of those classes, reworking how everything flows, basically just taking the entire course back to first principles and figuring out what the gently caress the course is supposed to be.

gently caress it, fine. I'll recreate your entire course for you, but it sure as hell is gonna end up being more than a lovely little 3 credit independent study.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Not very, from my certifying official this afternoon. I had some fuckery going on with my courses that I had to work out with the assistance of my advisor, but even with turning in the paperwork at the beginning of this month I should be straight by mid-Feb at the latest.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I have no idea how the gently caress I'm going to pull off having my pec tendon re-anchored to my humerus while taking 15 credits, 3 of which are basically me taking over the practical hands-on teaching (as a TA) for a babby's first barbell resistance training class. Shouldn't be horrific, but I'm anticipating being a little more "fun" than usual for a couple weeks.

Side bonus: Titanium screws in my arm! I'M BIONIC, BITCH!

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

You can take that immunology bullshit and gently caress right off. Augh.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

It's a bad idea if your problem is grasping the concepts, it's a lot less of a bad idea if your problem is retaining them.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

if you are bad at math in any capacity DO loving NOT do it online

or a condensed/accelerated course unless you want to hire tutors or live at the tutor center on campus (not sure if those are open in summer?

Might just be a me thing then, I've always been fine with keeping pace so long as the retention isn't a problem. 10 week in-person stacked with an online-only nutrition course I can phone in for an easy A, should help me skip having to tack on an extra semester.

Now the really lovely part is staring down the barrel of re-taking A&P I/II, Micro, and Gen Chem I then Gen Chem II, Orgo I, and Biochem before I can really seriously think of applying to PA programs. Ooorrr deal with graduating and finding either a post-grad nursing program or a second bachelor's.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Triggs posted:

Does anybody know if the VA pays for a school's deposit? Or should I just pay out of pocket and call it good? The CSO at my school is out of the office and she's the only one who knows apparently.

It should be deferred and rolled into the lump sum of tuition and everything else, either with a form you fill out for the FinAid/Bursar's/Certifying Official people.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Triggs posted:

Interesting, the CSO said the VA won't pay it up front but didn't mention a deferral. Guess there's some more digging I have to do.

*Experiences may vary school to school. Talk to the FinAid and Bursar people to make sure, otherwise you might have to front it until the tuition payment kicks in.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

During undergrad my highest single regular semester was 21 hour and I think i got 18 hours one summer as well.

What.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

“Excuse me bearded and tattooed man are you the chaperone?”

God forbid I'm not in flip flops, shorts, and a tee walking into class the beginning of a semester because I'll see the entire room sit up and start getting ready to take notes.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Graduating in a couple weeks and I've already got a few professors bugging me about adjunct work while I re-take prereqs for PA school. I guess treating them like adults and bullshitting with them whenever I had the chance paid off.

Ochem and biochem are gonna suck donkey dick, though.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with this combined orgo/biochem class. Like come on, there HAS to be a point this semester where I suddenly go from keeping pace to so far underwater I can't see the surface.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

At what point would you guys recommend I assume they hosed up and get on it, like end of April?

Like now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Anyone have experience with VA overpayments? I got a note I owe money, both tuition and housing allowance overpayment. Housing, yeah great, got it but the tuition overpayment wasn't received by me but the institution. Going to drop a line to the vet center at the school about this but figured I would ask here. It is a very VA move to tell me to ante up for money I didn't receive, though, so that's fun.

If you call the VA debt center, the guy I got was actually the single most helpful person I've ever talked to in any capacity anywhere that's even remotely associated with the government. Basically there's a freeze on debt poo poo with the VA through... September? Something like that. Mine was some huge dumb clusterfuck of shithead certifying officials going back and changing CoEs almost a year later for things, boiled down I was basically told don't worry about poo poo for tuition repayment until after September. There's supposed to be something recently passed where tuition overpayment gets pulled from the school and then you deal with the school, not the VA suddenly withholds poo poo.