Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

One semester left! I should probably figure out what to do with my life post-school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If you aren't engaging with your professors by getting them to pay you to assist in their classes you're doing it wrong.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

my undergrad is in art actually. I got a masters in technology studies from Eastern Michigan, but wanted a real CS degree.

So far I really like the classes. They aren't easy, but you can learn a ton from them, and it's really affordable. if you go the Montgomery GI bill option you end up pocketing money back.

Are you working at the same time? I'm graduating this semester with a BS in CE and this seems like it would be a good thing to do while employed.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

School has now tweeted a couple of alerts about women being attacked and forcibly fondled tonight by what sounds like the same guy.

Reminds me of this from a couple years ago, the bicycle booty bandit:
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/FIU-Butt-Grabber-Strikes-Again-Police-309101181.html

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Pesticide20 posted:

I HATE the people in my microeconomics class. There's a lot of discussion in it and last week some high school junior unironically told us all that pricerent control is bad, "Because it forces the rich to live next to the plebs."

edit: We were discussing price controls, but specifically addressing rent control.

First against the wall.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Counterpoint: makes even the dumbest poo poo look like a math textbook

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Another friend of hers is now trying to "put it into context". Part of the explanation is that "people" just generally tend to associate with one another, no one is actually forbidding anyone from joining specific frats or sororities. Discrimination is totally illegal by "greek life carta" or something.

:lol: at both that explanation and "greek life" in general.

What a dumb loving term.

I can't not associate "greek life" with buttfucking

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Current school status: I graduate in a week and a half

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Just finished my last presentation, graduating on Monday with a BS in Computer Engineering. Literally just wrapped up a ten year plan to unfuck my life and I think it worked.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Thanks, everyone. Now it's time to put this degree to good use: gonna live in a school bus on the gulf coast of Florida and subsist on coors light and fish

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

How does the stated goal stuff work with voc rehab? I want to use it to get an MS in Computer Science but I'll also be working full-time as a software engineer at the same time. Will they have any hangups about that?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yeah they will. Voc rehab is about getting you employable. They won't Shell out if you're already working afaik

I'd imagine it's pushing the limits of welfare at that point. I'll pay out of pocket if they don't cover it, just curious if that was even a thing.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Soulex posted:

Are you going to college? Because you could probably still use the American Opportunity Tax Credit. I used it twice for new laptops both times.

I just graduated with my bachelors. I'm starting work in July and looking to start grad school in the spring.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Edit: When I did community college there was some guy who decided to read out loud his forum response for a different class to some girl who had written something kind of anti-military. Beyond the cringe factor of him detailing how much he had owned this girl, a math class was far from the ideal setting for this.

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Commoners posted:

I don't think so, but I don't know for sure. My brother went in as an officer, used his signing bonus to pay off his student debt, and is going to be getting his doctorate via GI Bill. I think that taking options like student debt forgiveness will also wipe out your GI Bill if you opt to use it.

If I remember correctly, if you do student loan repayment then you have to serve six years for 100% instead of three. I could be completely wrong, though.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Deathy McDeath posted:

It does after you graduate. Then you're like, "gently caress. They PAID me to go to college!" And then you feel sad.

What's there to feel sad about? I got paid to go to college, now I'm employed getting paid even more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

My campus is particularly boxum this year

Although I'm having second thoughts about an EE major, i'm taking cyber security classes for a minor and the difference between the curriculum and effort required is night and day. Infosec is: show up and know the terminology, EE is: convert these laplacian transforms to spherical coordinates then integrate out a fourth order differential equation.

This engineering department has a serious hardon for pure math engineering classes.

You have a quantum-calibrated nyquist engine running at a rate of 30 megafouriers per time-delta. Given a decay rate of 0.5℧ and using the event horizon constant 🍆, find a solution to the forbidden differential equation when the darkwave shift is 30°.