Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I have to go to school in-class including doing work in the library otherwise I would get nothing done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I had a professor this term tell us verbatim to just pirate the book. He didn't tell us where, but it was pretty refreshing to have someone that gets it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

You need that car to get to school.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I just flat-out bombed a thermo exam that was worth 30% of my grade. Like I'm pretty sure I scored around a 10%. At the very least it's a free elective and not a requirement, but bloody hell

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So the VA is over 3 weeks late in paying my school. In turn, the school is holding onto some money that I kinda need due to some unforeseen circumstances.

Now I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else, but I'm trying to find a web link that had an online submission form to somewhere in the VA where you get a response relatively quickly. I've used it before when the VA got hung up and it worked. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

edit: got it, it was the GI Bill customer help page, under Ask a Question https://gibill.custhelp.com/app/home

shyduck fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 18, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Talk to your school's VA rep. They may be able to get an institutional deferment which will free up your financial aid refund.
I got a reply from the VA. Turns out my school failed to report my yellow ribbon status for this term, and in turn the VA put me in some different status that stated I had already exhausted my benefits for the school year. My school resubmitted the application.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Students can now get a Hulu/Spotify bundle for $5/month :getin:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/7/16263938/spotify-hulu-student-deal-announced

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah it's adorable listening to them talk about their rotc crap

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The ROTC kid in one of my groups got way too excited when our machine shop instructor told us to turn around by saying 'about face'

I'm also in 3 group projects this term :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

When I started school in 2014, the vets lounge started out pretty chill, but by 2016 a lot of the chill people left and a bunch of motards filtered in. I don't go to the vets lounge anymore.