Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

psydude posted:

Finally got my grades. I'm changing employers so I can't use the tuition reimbursement from my current one, but I did learn that apparently I can write off like $4000 of tuition on my taxes.

I need to see about converting my REAP benefits to MGIB so I can resign from the IRR.

i dont think you can if youve ever taken mgib benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

what a weird thing to lie about

vains
May 26, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

One of my underlings is up to 8 years after graduation with his. He got really mad when my states reason for not joining a frat was that I'm not into binge drinking and rape.

you really loving owned him bro. thats probably why hes so mad.

vains
May 26, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

It's for chapter 31 aka vocational rehabilitation and employment. If you're 10% service connected disability or better you qualify. Check it out because it covers expenses for everything. I got the VA to buy me a nice, new $150 calculator that I only needed for one class. Soulex got himself a MacBook.

wasting the government's money is fully loving sick.

on the other hand, i got a history degree on the government's dime. who am i to judge?

vains
May 26, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm gonna double down and get a law degree with Uncle Sam footing the bill because the American taxpayer loving owes it to me!!!!

the army infantry chick that had to study to pass the asvab is smarter than you.

vains
May 26, 2004

top business schools as in ivy or top state schools?

vains
May 26, 2004

do military pharmacies carry plan b?

vains
May 26, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

If you're a vet going for an MBA you owe it to yourself to apply to Wharton. Penn gives hilarious levels of Vet preference, provides unlimited Yellow Ribbon, and a Wharton MBA is the fast track to "I'm hella rich, motherfuckers." Granted, Penn is full of some of the biggest turbocunts you'll ever meet, but the academic workload to "networking event" (bottle service at a night club) balance is so absurdly tilted towards meeting the people you need to know that you'll probably not care, and even if you do, you can cry yourself to sleep over your $250k/y McKinsey job offer when you leave.

that is dope because
1- i live in philly
2- i need an escape plan from my company. there's like 28 people at the same level as me and 3 people above us. those 3 people are all younger than 50. that math isnt working out in my favor.

vains
May 26, 2004

jstor is non-profit and immensely useful. im sure they have some wasteful overhead/excessive compensation/etc, but it costs money to license, digitize, store and deliver data to users as well as develop new services. maybe not $30/journal article, but certainly more than $free.

as far as compensation to article writers: they generally dont get paid for submitting articles to journals anyways.

vains
May 26, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

Guy I know just got into MIT and is liking it. But also depending on what he did when he was in the extra work associated with a high tier school is not worth it. If he's trying to get a foot in the door of something that is completely specialized then yeah, but for things like a business degree or accounting then a regular state school is more than good enough. Every company wants a degree in "Thing" but they only care about the school and the GPA if you've got nothing else to judge based on. Grunt + Accounting degree is better than inexperienced 22yo + Yale Accounting Degree. (Baring nepotism etc)

if its on the job application, it almost certainly matters.

you're also supposing that ivy league grads are competing for the same jobs as non-ivy league grads. i don't mean to imply that there is some shadow job market for them or a special linked in. however, i'd suspect that, between the networking potential, the alumni network and the schools own placement services, they're generally not competing for the same jobs as state university grads.

vains
May 26, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

how do you blouse sleeves

with bootbands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Initial reactions:

1) This thing is slick A.F.
2) The pen attaches via magnet to the top of the tablet!!!

free magnetic healing sounds like a good deal