Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

MrDesaude posted:

. Yeah... Sign here, here, aaaand here...

Seriously though, I can't wait to get her off my insurance and collect that cash in my paycheck again...

But yeah. same old same old...

Make sure you're protected in case she decides to come back with the "I supported him through school" argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I count my associates when I say I’ve got four degrees because it’s more fun and it’s technically correct.

This.

(Although I only have three. Fucker.)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dorstein posted:

I've been done with voc rehab for a few years. I'm doing a master's now. They changed GI Bill so that your voc rehab time doesn't count against it anymore. So I suddenly have a bunch of GI Bill time that is about to hit the fifteen year limit.

In this exact same boat. I had to pay for my last semester of master's out of pocket; can I file for reimbursement on it as well now that I got back some GI Bill time?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mine flat out refused to do postgrad. I didn't argue too much, as I was already in a pretty good gubment job.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dorstein posted:

It is. If you used VR&E and not GI Bill, you suddenly have a bunch of GI Bill eligibility you didn't have before.

I went to Bishop State today (the community college I graduated from in 2014), both to help my niece sign up for classes and to sign up for a culinary class to burn off some GI Bill time.

I couldn't register. Because I have to provide my transcript from the University of Alabama.

Where I got my MBA.

6 years after graduating from that community college.

To take a baking course.

:ughh:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Eason the Fifth posted:

My experience with the VA during school taught me I never wanted to work with the VA for anything ever again. Good luck dude, I hope everything works out

At one point my career aim was to work for the VA after graduation and I'm so eternally grateful to the people that laughed at me when I told them

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

U of Chicago is where Richard Spencer did his masters, so it seems like maybe there’s some issues in that institution

It’s pretty much the dark heart of gently caress the Poor economic theory

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Call J G Wentworth, 877 CASH NOW

I have to dig it out of my camera roll, but I took pictures of the officially sponsored JG Wentworth Trafeo Series Lamborghini Aventador.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

antimatt posted:

So, uhh, any hints for someone who is retiring at the end of this year with nothing other than a mostly CLEP'd CCAF and may want to apply for a couple state universities? Being a 40ish freshman is kinda wild.

I guess main starter questions:

1. Any dependents that you'd pass the GI Bill onto?
2. Do you have severe enough disabilities that you'd expect a 30%+ more disability rating?
3. What do you see yourself doing? What do you want to do? Is it in your career field from the service, or do you want to do something new?
4. Are you planning to work full-time while in school, or can you afford to commit to school totally by itself?

Basic advice is get your certificate of eligibility, ask tons of questions, realize that some very helpful people will inevitably give you some bad and wrong advice sprinkled in with good advice.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Holy poo poo I had no idea they made it so ridiculous.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Yeah let me mention that Adult Student Syndrome is real and you don't wanna be that guy.

Occasionally you're forced to be (my low point was chewing out a group project teammate in pajama pants for his 8 AM Intro to Management class and pointing to the four Chinese kids that had been there for 30 minutes already studying "that's your competition, you think you're getting hired over them?"). But try not to make it every day.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I flunked out of college so bad at age 20 that when I applied at age 38, I was told to go to CC and get my GPA up. I ended up enjoying the hell out of it (even if I can't watch Community anymore because the janky echoes hit too close to home), and I got to slap this bumper sticker on my dad's truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The prof I had for both my initial 300 level management class and the capstone class had a great grading system for group projects. He gave your project its own grade. Then you got to rank the contributions of your 3 teammates; you had 300 points to use, and could rank them from 80-110. This is how he came to your individual grade. So teams that had a deadbeat but overcame it actually got better grades than an equivalent project where everyone contributed.