Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

App13 posted:

-I woke up to the weird girl trying to shove my flaccid member in her. Still don't know how she ended up in my room

deetz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I was pretty active in the campus LGBT groups. I was nominated interim executive board president my final semester of undergrad but one of the critiques was that I wasn't "visibly trans" or a person of color so I kind of quietly noped out of the group after that.

You're a white cisgender male so I'm surprised you got nominated at all

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

All*h forbid we pray for the wrong cripple

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TheQuietWilds posted:

Passed Medical Biochemistry by the skin on my goddamn teeth. Good thing medical school is pass/fail! A P is a P, so on to the next thing.

So this is why when I mention Pharmacokinetics to MDs they look confused

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ask him how long he thinks New 52 will last before another reboot

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

You know they already rebooted it, right? That happened last year, in fact.

:laffo:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

The Firearms Club that I'm a newly minted execfall guy of is under investigation by the school, the clubs and societies part of the student union, and the RCMP.

They used club funds to buy handguns and ARs without being licensed to do so or having the permission of the union or university. To get around that they registered the firearms to the club president. That's probably the tip of the iceberg.

:canada:

ftfy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i've got good news for you :iamafag:

Good to see you stepping up to the plate

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Back in high school I worked in the public access TV station we had, and we videotaped a few WWII vets telling their stories. One dude came in and told me about the time they had a German bunker that couldn't be cracked. They didn't want to take the door and risk casualties and the Germans wouldn't give up despite being surrounded. So they poured a bunch of gas/diesel down the ventilation shaft and dropped a satchel charge in and that was that. Dude told the story like he was telling me what he ate for breakfast the previous day.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

At least you knew who wanted to kill you BEFORE they started attacking you.

WWII ETO ROE:

Stahlhelm - Kill
K-Pot - Don't Kill
Everybody else - Maybe kill

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

You know I'm getting an MFA, right?

lol seriously

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gonna need sunglasses and some gold braid on your mortarboard.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Someone explain that term to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CpJpGF8lS8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Or you could do the intelligent thing, get out of the army and major in something other than psych :shrug:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Still extremely jealous. After I got through your thread my doctor told me to cut down the sodium in my diet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is that Ivana Trump?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Man just say no butt stuff

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Seriously, though, unless you're going to a T14 don't expect riches. You're going to law school to work a 40-50k/year job for the most part.

My wife graduates from Stanford next month :smug:

We don't talk much since she's studying for the bar :smith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Meth deals out the back, defensive litigation out the front.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SwampDonkey posted:

real advice

you know what. gently caress off you whiney little bitch. here's a meltdown for you:

:irony:

Per your pre-edit maybe you should work on your people skills. And maybe not sucking so much.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whole lot of cheating apologists in this thread

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

shut the gently caress up cole

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hey guys circumcision is mutilation

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I still wonder if I'm stunting myself by not pursuing a masters. I mean I'm already 30 and don't feel like taking out loans for a piece of paper.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

that guy must be a hoot at parties

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

I totally wore the military rope thing they gabe me for graduation on the hopes people would think I was a a better student or something.

Some of the LTs graduating with me had their bars on the shoulders of their gowns. It's as lame as it sounds.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't feel sorry for them, they volunteered

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Speaking of chemistry, this is old but I found it today and had a good laugh

http://heterodoxy.cc/meowdocs/pseudo/pseudosynth.pdf

I've never seen that before but it's hilarious

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lightpole posted:

Pretty easy to destroy your hearing and listen to the dulcet singing of tinnitus for the rest of your life.

thanks for making me aware of it again dick :mad:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If I ever go completely deaf the one positive would be the tinnitus going away.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

Don't stay in school to get a master's/phd you dorks, get a job that will pay you to get a master's/phd for free. UNLESS you reaallllly reallllly like academia and research and want your names on white papers.

The way I see it, the later you enter the workforce the less lifetime earning you make, that could be the difference of having an airplane or sailboat when you retire.

Come work in pharma. They pay for postgrad and you get to publish. But get a job in R&D and not those other, lesser departments of pharma.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Also you generally have to pay to be published. Just today I got the yearly round-up of publishing costs for our usual periodicals, and it's $1000-$4000 per article for some fairly specific journals. No idea what getting published in something really prestigious like Nature costs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh god i'm going back to grad school again i must have lost my loving mind

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i didn't really "go" the first time in that my first semester coincided with the worst of my personal troubles and got shelved. this is take two.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

Story time!

Not much of a story. I was an alcoholic about a month shy of my first hospital stay. Gave up on the program after a couple weeks. Now that I have some distance from that I'm trying a different program at a different school.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naive question: grad school is going to cost me about $5k per semester. My company does max payback of $10k per year, paid after grades come in. My courses go through summer so I'm looking at 2/3rd of my education being paid for. I have cash on hand to pay for the school myself between reimbursements and cover the non-reimbursed parts. Is there any advantage to paying with loans that would be paid off on reimbursement, or would I just be eating the interest?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

Pay with a credit card and get fat rewards points, assuming a 0% APR introductory rate.

I have a USAA Visa cash back card, I'd roll the dollars right into the balance before paying off the rest.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lightpole posted:

I get charged a service fee for several hundred if I pay with credit. Thinking of just giving them a check each qtr

Good point. My card gives 1.5%, school charges a 2.75% fee. Looks like credit card is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You want to learn about being an Army officer, go to the Army thread and filter Mustang's posts. Read all of them. If you still want to do it after that, we won't stop you.