Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wish my undergrad GPA was just slightly better so I don't have to take the stupid GRE next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

God drat it. I've hobbled myself getting proof of vaccination for OSU. They accepted the big list from my old pediatrician but rejected varicella since just having a note from your doctor saying you had it isn't good enough, they need antibody titers. Also rejected my TDAP since I haven't had a tetanus booster in ten years. Dug up a titer report the army did on me in 2008 that thankfully had a positive varicella titer, and the local CVS does vaccinations on demand. They were out of TD, so I get TDAP instead and woke up this morning with a lovely amount of swelling and pain in my feet. Then I open my inbox and see an e-mail from the school MD informing me that no, I do not need proof of vaccinations because I am a distance learner. :argh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

all apologies posted:

is it normal that at only 30, while going to school and being newly divorced that i feel like a loving martian at this college poo poo, these people?

jesus christ

Yes. I no longer understand teenagers. It's us, we're the olds now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Remember A is for Oral

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Back in school for the first time in a decade, aced my first stats quiz. Gonna be a good semester.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

Everything's coming up McNally.

I like to think that every time McNally needs *insert big organization here* to do something for him, it gets routed through Ralph Wiggum.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

january's almost done smoke weed and get As like me bitcheeeeeeeeeeees

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

taking the gre today, standardized testing is stupid, gently caress you to whoever got everything but old fashioned pencils banned, hail satan

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'm done that was stupid

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i like to mildly cheeky on my homework

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

there's a smartphone app for those clicker things and it's free.

NO CELL PHONE USAGE IN CLASS I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL GIVE YOU AN F FOR PARTICIPATION IF I CATCH YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

And bad mistakes

I've made a few

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

unf yeah look at that patio set wearing nothing but a covering of snow that's hot spring break rules

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My grad program admitted me pending grades for this semester. On track for a 4.0 so no concerns.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

what size glove do you wear?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:phoneb::phoneline::nsa::phoneline::phone:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My essay was something to the effect of "I've been doing this for a decade an apparently I need a piece of paper to validate this now" but much nicer and they let me in.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I hit the wall a couple weeks ago too man. Even just getting your reading done helps.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Finals week halfway done :suicide:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Missing 30 classes in an average semester course means he attended something like 1/3rd of the lectures right?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

semiotic

The first time I heard that word it was in the context of canned pasta and performance art and now it's the only association I can make.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My wife is in BigLaw. They just sent her to Beijing for three months because the office was shorthanded. I would not be surprised if they extend her because they give zero fucks about your family life. Don't go into law.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats on having a wife that makes absolute bank but you never see. At least she can’t bitch about you smoking weed when she gets back stateside outside of the 4-5 hours she’s home every night.

Also are they hiring? I’ll go live in hong kong for a bit.

The HK office does indeed need people, and that works for you because English is the language of choice in that city. You're going to need Mandarin for the M&A and good luck learning because Mandarin is a poo poo-tier language in HK.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: like i’m ever learning mandarin.

It's not impossible :shobon:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Rat posted:

Murders and executions, mainly

You must think I'm dumb. You must think all blondes are dumb.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

R is a super awesome piece of software. I use it at work all the time.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We like it in pharmaceuticals because it's free, whereas SAS is very expensive (but still an awesome piece of software). It's very good at graphics and even does vector graphics which is amazing for posters. If you do a lot of statistical testing STATA is better but R has a broad range of applications.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just type "R AND (task)" into Google and you'll find all the free documentation you could ever want.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the best steaks i ever had were the ones my dad made because they were made by my dad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How rare are those now? Back in 2006 a pulse and a 180 PT score got your college paid for.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My professor can't pronounce poo poo and it's diving me crazy. Some stuff I can kind of get, like pronouncing phagocyte rhyming with drag instead of page. However she keeps pronouncing subsequent as sub-SEE-quent. :psyduck:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you need your macbook or a calculator for Calc I & II you probably shouldn't be taking those classes

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Apply for Rhodes for sure, it's prestigious

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hello darkness my old friend

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Aardvark posted:

Don't hate on differential equations.

Linear algebra, on the other hand...

Man if you think regular linear algebra is harder than DiffEq what is wrong with you. Abstract Linear Algebra...now there was a course I never want to see again.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I kinda checked out after Real Analysis and switched my focus to stats and applied math.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Be careful if the syllabus has a power drill as recommended equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Masters work is 1/3rd done. That cut between A- and A can be a giant pain in the rear end since I need enough "perfect" work. 3.8 cum right now.