Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cenen posted:

I went through old people middleschool. They hammered into us the biology of whales, the best parts of a whale to harvest, trade routes to trade spermacili (lol) for hardtack across the Pacific. I’m in university now and these loving medicine and super computer makers expect me to see the periodic table of elements and splitting the atom as childs play. First day of Chem110 the professor who builds parts for super computers to discover new elements started to correct Einstein’s work.

Adult swim is not as calming as it was as a 16yo who could afford to make mistakes in life.

You didn't have to take an intro to chemistry course? When I was forced to take it and "waste my GI Bill on dumb poo poo" I was kind of annoyed because the description just said "learn about the metric system and some elements." But it actually was a good class that built a good foundation for when we went over the same stuff but more in depth in chemistry 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was definitely a person like that in my first go at college. Didn't care because I wasn't paying. Now that I'm still not paying but know I'd be on the hook for loving up, I take things more seriously.

I had a group project in my intro to engineering project where I did nearly all of it because no one else wanted to do anything. Everyone showed up for the build but I pretty much did all the building. I wrote the entire write up where one guy helped with some of the research. Then another guy made a PowerPoint. The fourth guy never did much of anything. Don't really care as long as I get the A I need.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This semester does seem to be taking longer than previous ones.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I finally got my email saying my school actually sent my classes for certification, so I guess I'll get my money sometime in the next decade. It took a month and a half this time. Though they said they couldn't certify my TX govt class because it isn't on my degree plan. I don't see how it couldn't be on my degree plan considering every school in Texas is required to have a TX govt class. Oh well, it's only 200 bucks. If I can't get it sorted out, it's not like it breaks the bank.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

Lol so my Voc Rehab counselor/certifying official were iffy on paying me for any classes that aren't part of my degree plan this semester. Since it's my final semester I only had 7 credits that were actually necessary, so I added one class that's not required but related to my degree, and 2 credits of bowling so as to meet full time requirements.

Turns out they wound up certifying me as full time to the VA, hah. I half expect the VA to bill me in 5 years for half the tuition/housing stipend this semester.

When you are finishing your degree, you can add classes that aren't on your degree plan to fill up your time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Well the money you get is prorated for partial months. I'm not sure what those checks are, but you won't get the full amount for August.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My sister studied Geology and she got to do a few trips around the country (and even europe) to look at rocks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does your school not have an online database where you can search for a paper or article or whatever and at the end it has the citation for every format?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

Why does the online application kick out people who have phds?

ignore me if this is answered later. It’s a long post!

They probably don't want over qualified people that they would have to pay too much because of their PhD.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
lol

"Yeah, I'm about to marry a burglar. What's the code to the safe again?"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What if we just make being a woman illegal?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Make sure you keep a fat dip lip in at all times

Why does everyone do this?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

This is just missing the dip and spit bottle

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I need to make sure I don't take physics and calculus on the same day again next semester because this is killing me

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have to redo some classes and the VA does not pay if you've already passed it, even if they didn't pay the first time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You weren't able to do a class in person?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You need to have more than half of full time (as in more than 6, but not 6) to get any BAH in the first place. Doing online courses only gets you BAH at half rate. Taking one class in person and the rest online gets you full BAH. That's how it was explained to me at least. They could have changed it in the last couple years, who knows. The VA rep at your school will know for sure.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My sister "graduated" in May but she's redoing a class this semester before getting her degree. Sign up for the graduation thing anyway.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I only get Wed-Fri. Though my physics class isn't meeting so I only have to show up for cal II.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I need cal iii, University phys 2 and intro to digital systems, and they are all offered only at the same time as each other unless I take one at night. Wtf.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Every time you think of grover, install a load bearing outlet in the middle of a wall.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
With the way my school schedules classes, it seems like it's never possible to get the classes I need with one being on an even hour and the other being on an odd hour. So I always have all my finals over the course of two days, instead of over four days.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

quote:

Lawrence had said that going back to inspect potentially hundreds of thousands of education claims could be a “tremendous amount of activity for no gain.”

Holy poo poo, this guy should be fired. Veterans losing their homes because they didn't receive the benefits they earned and he thinks giving them the money they are owed would be no gain?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe he can be a wake up call to people who constantly chug that poo poo. I don't know how people can do that. I love water, it's my favorite drink.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The Aardvark posted:

Had my inorganic chem final today and thoroughly enjoyed watching three premed students get caught passing papers among each other and using their phones. 0 on the final that's 50% of the grade. So many tears.

Is inorganic different from regular chemistry?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ah, no thanks. I got my 100 in gen chem and I'm done.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Was it a hard final? For one of my finals, I used the whole two hours. For all the others, I was done pretty quickly.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's why you have to make sure you ask when it is and check that against what the school has scheduled. The final schedule is probably set long before the semester even starts. It's weird being in a class where you had to have taken another college class before this one and people still don't know how finals work.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm currently sitting at a 4.0 GPA for all second attempt at college semesters. GPA is currently 3.12 thanks to my first attempt.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Because college is stupid and they want to know everything you've ever done. Luckily Texas has a law called "academic fresh start" and when I apply for a real university, I can apply with that and they ignore all my credits from over 10 years ago. So if I apply for fall of 2019, that will wipe out all the college I did before the air force.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you aren't starting out at a community college where the classes are easier because they desperately want to raise their 30% graduation rate, you're fuckin up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Your bachelors degree doesn't say "Not real, spent 2 years at a community college, fake news"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, same as every other school, except it's more laid back and better.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You say that now, then six months later you're just taking a few credit hours to take the edge off, then you're up to six, and then you're doing a full course load because it's the only way to feel normal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I might use my Hazelwood act to get my masters. It's based on credit hours, so hopefully I can just do a class at a time or whatever

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If they speak English, is it really an exotic experience?

That's like in Arrested Development where George Michael goes to Mexico and goes to Wetzel's Pretzels and sees Minions in English.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ah yeah, racial dialysis, uh... tough stuff.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did he list out the weights for grades on the syllabus? Seems like if he has it one way on the syllabus, he shouldn't be able to randomly change it later in the semester.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I randomly got 600 dollars at the end of December. Not sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe that's it. It was from "VAED" so I assume gi bill.