Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

bean_shadow posted:

Wasn't Ted the one who was like, "Mid-life crisis eh? Boring life eh? You should cheat on your wife, John. I do!" If so then good on the wife for leaving that POS.

Yep. He was the guy that went on for what appeared to be an entire day about how awesome it was to sleep around on his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

This seems way more serious than they're treating it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

Couldn't bear to tell the kid about what a bad deal he was getting into until after his dad got the poo poo beaten out of him?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nice Police Story reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_Story_(film_series)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Well, this is uncomfortable.

I sincerely hope she decks him.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

So are we going to get a story about how Piro broke her trust (so she will be free to get together with Gunther), or will it be a story about how she assumes Piro stole the TV and wrecks whatever friendship they had on a witch hunt (and then she's free to get together with Gunther)?

quote:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

This guy looks like Clayface.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Panel 1: "I'll be safe in my own country!"
Panel 2: "The Thuggees are an unstoppable global murder gang and nobody is safe from them!"

Classic Phantom rules.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

Resuming Arlo and Janis with a series of strips about their son, Gene, and his wife, Mary Lou:

I think this is perfectly realistic, but I feel like we're getting the abridged version of the argument.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Not a great start to this Modesty Blaise story. :(

Luann: no loving way is that lavender.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Clearly the Phantom team accidentally said China when they meant Japan, and just kept rolling with it because they didn't want to lose the ninjas.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Also it might be over thinking it but that one lion from the back is giving me major Cowardly Lion vibes

No, I see it too now that you mentioned it. The lion is too lumpy to be anything but a man in a suit.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Ha ha! She's actually a miserable person!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

For gently caress's sake! You're the RA, not the loving security guard!

Bernice would be one of the guards in the Stanford Prison Experiment.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

If only someone had warned the Moreys about Johnny Crain, it who had the opportunity and knowledge to do so?!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Wait, what? :confused:

But she was the one who said to let him wait forever? Why is she so concerned now?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

He also has a neck pouch made of skin folds.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Man Bun wasn't available this week, but they were able to call up this guy.

"He escapes from custody in a police car, but is killed when a dynamite trailer he is hiding in is struck by lightning."

A dynamite trailer? Really?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Mandrake lives on top of the Aggro-crag.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

Someone tell The Master this has been done before, and better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddq1BYY7UAU&t=17s

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Nov. 26, 1994)

Second panel in the top comic is incredible.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

Hello again thread! I have just caught up the close of last year's thread after an absence and have a lot of comics ground to cover on this one...

...anyway, once I'm caught up, I might have something to post. I have a copy of Supposed a Knave by Kierhan Meehan, a graphic novel featuring the characters of his excellent strip Pros and Cons. I would like to post it here, but I don't know if that's cool. The content is obviously thread-relevant, but is posting a graphic novel spinoff considered :filez:?

Probably, although I hate to say so.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Taking a plane to a "Super clinic" for a physical? That seems extremely impractical.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Sluggo is forced to salvage other people's garbage in order to gain the luxury items he craves. A charming view into the American Can-Do Spirit.

quote:

Today's Dogg™

A comic highlighting the cruelty of both poor breeding practices and dogfighting. A loud wake-up call to dog lovers.

I hate this

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Kennel posted:

He claims to be poor but owns a brand new entertainment system. :argh:

No, it's even better than brand new: It's Classic! God Bless the Ol' VHS player. Much better than that cold emotionless DVD format.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

sweeperbravo posted:

I guess when you're poor it's just easier to be a hipster

I would not be surprised if Sluggo has already made a "I was poor before it was cool to be poor" "joke" at some point during Gilchrist's run.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Hope you like twenty-year-old movies recorded off the TV that you can barely watch through the static. Actually, you'd be lucky to get even that, it's probably already broken, and if it isn't then it will be as soon as you try to play one of those tapes in it.

You know what's a great way to show how tall someone is? Put them next to other really tall people.

Also, I've always wondered about some of those paralympic events. Why is there a running race for blind people? Why didn't those four just go in the real olympics? They're obviously fast enough to qualify.

I don't think Sluggo's poverty is supposed to be a joke, it's supposed to be endearing.

He doesn't live in a cardboard box. He lives alone in an abandoned house that's probably horrendously unsafe for anyone, let alone a child. Because he's too proud to accept charity and all the adults who know him respect him too much to force charity on him. :rolleyes:

No charity, except for all the family dinners and other assorted things he gets from Nancy, Fritzi, and Phil.

Edit: Did somebody say 1980s Aerobics? https://youtu.be/8wvcXKJdud4

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 31, 2017

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Somehow it really irks me that the VHS tapes could be from the 1990s like Friends, Ducktales, TMNT, Batman cartoon et cetera and it would be believable, but Gilchrist gotta Gilchrist.

It irks me that Sluggo is head over heels for Charlie's Angels, but somehow an aerobics lady is completely disgusting to him.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Are these out of order? The weird emotional differences seem so disconnected. Also, that quarter-sized mass feels like a fakeout. It's probably an actual quarter.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

There's a naked boob in panel 1. Just saying.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

A chin I loves to touch.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

WindyMan posted:

Where does the castle gate slide into when it's raised? That doesn't seem like there's enough space above it for the gate to move up.

This comic strip isn't very realistic.

It slides into the word balloon.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Slammy posted:

And He Did. (February, 1916)

:tinfoil:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Selachian posted:

Edge of KCHINK KKABLDK UUNNGHH

Eastern Sour:

2 oz. bourbon or rye
2 oz. fresh orange juice
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/4 oz simple syrup
1/4 oz orgeat syrup

Shake with one cup of crushed ice, pour into an old fashioned glass, garnish with a citrus slice or peel.

Turns out he's just allergic to almonds.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That is a great end for Dharma.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

This seems like one of the worst positions to be in when you're getting a shave.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

That face in Panel 3 is going to give me nightmares.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Radio Patrol just sort of goes on forever, doesn't it?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

A drum! :monocle:

Ah, spaghetti, the hippest food around!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nice edit

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Why does Prince Adam even need to keep up the whole secret identity schtick? Skeletor wants the Eternian royal family dead already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Slammy posted:

Dick Tracy (February, 2006, click for big)

hahaha.

Inciting crime seems like something the police would be happy to arrest this Death Lady for.

• Locked thread