Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

goatface posted:

They should probably get that girl some trauma counselling.

Wasn't the kidnapping trauma enough?

DOHOHOHO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mountaineer posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Something really subtle about this is that a lesser comic would have the unicorn be real gently caress dumb and legitimately freaking out in the last panel, but Phoebe and Her Unicorn always presents every character on essentially equal footing making jokes with each other and enjoying each other's company.

It's a good comic. :unsmith:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Slammy posted:

They'll Do It Every Time (April, 1940, click for big)

This is pretty depraved.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

MariusLecter posted:

Is it the same teacher?

I'm looking at it from a more Freudian angle. It's not so much a laughably ironic turn of events as it is the result of a very deep seated kink.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I wonder if Zak is gonna reveal he got a DVD of Citizen Kane or whatever to watch with her and it'll change her mind. I'd think if they were really breaking up it'd be over in a single montage. I could be wrong, but the way it's set up right now, it seems like their going for a swerve.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's amazing how much better that Working Daze would be, with a script only very slightly changed, in Dilbert.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Darthemed posted:

Kind of weird for Mary Worth to be coming out against the idea that people can grow together and overcome differences.

Yeah I mean this is the newspaper comic so progressive sometimes they dare to draw a negro as a background character, this is really unusual.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What was Trump in 1916??? Like I want the actual context here. That's crazy and hilarious.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I had no idea the Phoebe and the Unicorn person was also the bestiality & pedophilia super combo pack person. I dunno how to feel anymore.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Savidudeosoo posted:

Jesus Christ, lady, we get it. He's fat.

wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Odonata posted:

I've decided that Baldo is the result of someone deciding that there needs to be more positive depictions of Hispanic people in the media, without the realization that there should also be good story telling, character development, jokes, etc.

The first mistake was making it a newspaper comic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Curtis is better than Baldo because even when it's making an old man-ism it still feels like you're relating to the kid and the dad is like Mr. Wilson from Dennis the Menace. Baldo, on the other hand, has the universe set up to support the old man-ism.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SomeMathGuy posted:

Reusing exam questions is an amateur move, 1930s school teacher!

It was the newest trick in the book at the time!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aardmania posted:

Join us next time for more of "Family Peep Show Theatre".

Seriously, that's all this comic is, every loving day.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Go gently caress yourself Gilchrist.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

...and the pitch! posted:

If anybody starts out with "I'm sorry but" the next thing is going to be sanctimonious and not clever

Ironically it reads like something that you'd see on Facebook.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SomeMathGuy posted:

I dunno, it's certainly consistent with Jam Esallen's "global warming is a hoax" and "destroying the environment is fine as long as you're looking for pretty rocks" positions.

That's pretty ironic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Vargo posted:

Curtis
NO ONE WEARS THEIR PANTS LIKE THAT, BILLINGSLY.

Boopity boppity pound cake with the hippin and the hoppin

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Vargo posted:

""It's tough to understand if you don't live in Africa" - A black man" - a white man in Virginia or some poo poo.

The argument that big game hunting is the only thing standing between African villagers and savage animals is a weird one to make when the much more valid one is that big game hunting pretty much single handedly fuels conservation. If a rich white guy didn't pay a few mil to shoot an elderly lion not contributing anything to the pride it'd be a lot harder to ensure the rest survive.

But that said, I'm still against big game hunting anyway because it encourages a very unhealthy mindset. The person who finds delight and glory in shooting a herbivore from a zillion paces is not someone I'd like to sit next to on the bus, to put it mildly.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Simian_Prime posted:

Ben Franklin is high af :420:

Checks out.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
When I first started reading this thread I thought the kids in Sally Forth were at least 15.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Christ.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The definitive Garfield experience is the old cartoon.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The accents in old strips are amusing, when they aren't racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Pyroclastic posted:

Do you really miss Pop Team Epic? Good news, because you can get them in Nendoroid form in June!

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that back when I was posting it! Not that a reminder isn't good.

There's new Honey Come Chatka too for anyone who wants to see what the gang has been up to.

• Locked thread