Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think Garfield is funnier without any explanations. Jon is just a weirdo and we accept that.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He has a working mower and money for gas? No rusty old pushmower?

Can't even get your own trope right? gently caress YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Green Intern posted:

Popeye exploded that man's face.

That'll learn him

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Countblanc posted:

Surely pixies have six limbs and are not insects!!

Technicality. They have insect wings (which are not limbs) while not being insects themselves

Tunicate posted:

Is that an edit or is Zoe actually flipping the bird?

She lacks a middle finger. Also, no, that's not what she's doing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is asleep at the wheel.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That strip is probably at least a little homophobic, but I laughed. Everett has such great expressions.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone want to have a go at Red and Rovering that last And He Did?

I suspect it's something embarrassingly homophobic or just making fun of mental ilness

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Strontium posted:

Viivi & Wagner

Wagner's arm suddenly six feet long

not that anything in this strip is ever to scale with anything. Still one of the more charming strips posted even if I can never really read Viivi's expressions.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, thanks for the recap of last week's AGT, Ripley's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7EfLNFRG7M

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pancho Jueves posted:

What's "Ismash"?

Hey, I was about to do that bit!

nice

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

I guess it was too hard to watch a youtube of hedgehogs giving birth to confirm that they don't have umbilical cords to cut.

Well I'm certainly not going to watch any anthropomorphic birthing scenes, but then I don't publish a fetish comic.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That peanut butter may have spoiled

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (October 27, 1995)

Haha that angry face. This is a weird arc.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Holy poo poo that shot of Devil opened some ancestral childhood fear of the Gmork

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

What loving Stop Payment fee?
Just Void the goddamn check.

That only works if he still has the check, in which case he wouldn't have to ask for a new one.

The real question is why he isn't getting direct deposit or a dumbass payment card in 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

catlord posted:

Man, remember that loving weird Intelligent Life where Gwen turned into the ship from Discovery?
I do now. gently caress

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Julet Esqu posted:

Even if she only bought used,* I have a hard time believing Luann bought all those books for so little.

*Impossible: Textbooks get new editions all the time and the fact that Luann and Bernice are buying from the school bookstore in the first place indicates they are not savvy enough to know that updated editions are a scam.

None of them are maths or physical sciences and if she bought used she'll still need to spend another $300+ for website access

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Well in the '60s that was a common expression and even in the 80's I wasn't aware of the racial reference so I think we can cut it some Published in 2014

:catstare:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

"I killed who knows how many people through terrorist acts, but saving this random person will morally absolve me of all that."

Get hosed.

What the gently caress even is this thing? I missed/ignored the beginning and now reading random ones it just seems like someone's fevered dream conflating Keifer Sutherland in 24 and Phone Booth

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

You know what, go on. I want to know what exactly step 2 is in this lab you do in your first class of introductory biology.

First labs are usually like locating the fire extinguishers and identifying beakers and flasks and poo poo like that.

Looks like they might be using a balance to measure out some poo poo.

But in the world of Luann they are probably going to be using volatile chemicals or highly corrosive acids.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze references RECENT THING.

Oh my god you suck for so many reasons

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Early Orson is the Nermal of pigs.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Selachian posted:

Of course it is! What are you, some kinda foob?

:drat: That's so roadside

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hi I'm Tara Starr.
Nice to meet you Tara Starr.
Please continue to use my full name, Tara Starr, because that isn't weird at all.
Ok, Tara Starr, I will.
Do you know this freak Piro who is stalking me at the Uni and even carved a star into his head because my name is Tara Starr?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Walker posted:

If this is Diana shooting the guy with an arrow or something that's kind of disappointing.

On the other hand, it might be Diana with a bowie knife and be metal as heck. Or one of the kids home for a visit.

Alternately, where is Devil?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slackjawed yokel attends local community college

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

What the gently caress is her problem? What is the joke supposed to be here?

These jerks are making her tip lower by ordering free water instead of $3 sodas or $8 beers

Also, dumb friend is dumb I think but that was actually a decent comeback to a nasty question so idk

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think Hagar is just taking the piss. The visual gag of a bikini and an ahistorical horned helmet is funny on its own in a newspaper comic barely even a chuckle sort of way.

Wizard of ID has the most confusing setting. Maybe new BC. I was sure it was a postapocalyptic wasteland before but I'm not sure anymore. I think it's both and neither.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love the CSI guy in Pros and Cons.

I love everybody in Pros and Cons.

I also laughed at a NeoDilbert but it was really Alices line rather than the true punchline. "Sounds Dumb. Is there any downside?" just struck me funny.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I thought the logo was a reference to Gilchrist's other strip Mudpie which is about an anthropomorphic cat that loves baseball. It was in the paper when I lived in RI many years ago before I knew who Gilchrist was.

Looks like the same art style.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

The new art "style" on Garfield is bugging the heck out of me

Darthemed posted:

Today's Garf

Odie is a loving sonic fanfic original character do not steal

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why is it wrong for Luann to be concerned her friend is overweight?

would you think she's bad if she gave her alcoholic friend an AA pamphlet?

Is this a seriouspost?

Pamphlet as greeting or acknowledgement is pretty drat hosed up. The hug and tea were nice gestures except Luann herself w as being a bitch about it seconds before. Freshmen 15 is not loving alchoholism, though. She loving knows. If you want to help a friend like that you can be like Hey my gym buddy flaked out on me wanna go?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am still so loving irritated that the colorist thinks they are doing their job properly here. This has been going on for so long I can't imagine no one has pointed out how loving awful it looks.

Unless they are actually trolling Johnston, then..... it still annoys me but well played.

I always knew Feuti was good people

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

Michael has a tremendous receding hairline and a lovely combover according to the colorist
Also I don't think newspaper funnies have colorists as much as they have a guy who hits the paintbucket tool and clicks wherever, so blame the lovely hair on Johnson not closing her loving lines
She "didn't close her lines" long before newspaper dailies were ever colorized or anyone used a "paintbucket tool" and its a perfectly legitimate art style why the gently caress are you making me defend Lynn Johnson gently caress you

This is also what the gently caress happened to charlie brown and probably the boy from cow and boy too.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Selachian posted:

Right. Linus and Sally were brought into the strip as babies too, and Lucy was much younger than Charlie Brown and the rest of the cast when she was introduced.

Well, at some point Linus needed to start quoting scripture every day so he had to be older obviously. Like ten or so, so it would be believable. Also he worships a pagan god in a pumpkin patch.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CommaToes posted:

Well then. He's like underage right?

:siren: Better call the cops! :siren:

CHRIS HANSON! MODS!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Say Nothing posted:

Is this... a dick joke?