Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Seriously why after all this time have none of the Z-fighters not learned to watch for enemies that can reform? I mean gently caress, they haven't faced a non-reforming enemy since Frieza, and even that prick has come back a couple of times now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Well, Cell and Buu were actually the only ones who could do that, I think. It's just they were the end bosses of their arcs and the other enemies were either killed in other ways, befriended.... or were Beerus.

Okay, well still. Once you know regeneration is a thing enemies can do, I would figure you'd watch out for that poo poo in the future.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Y'know Trunks is dealing with this way too well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

The plans are thus:

A) Goten and Trunks get their poo poo together and kill Super Buu as Gotenks
B) Piccolo traps Super Buu in the Hypertonic Lion-Tamer
C) Elder Kai's bullshit makes Gohan strong enough to kill Super Buu

Only one of these comes anywhere close to being effectual.

IIRC two of them get close since B works for a minute until Buu hax his way out and C was working until, in a classic case of DBZ protagonists getting too cocky for their own good, Gohan fucks up and lets himself get eaten

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I ACTIVATE SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT, YOU CAN'T MOVE FOR THREE TURNS

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
You know, lovely as this show may be, I appreciate that the protag's unnecessarily giant sword looks heavy instead of him just swinging it around like it's a feather.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man, SasukeYuno even wins a footrace against the kid who does nothing but physical training all day? Hax, I call hax.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Momomo posted:

The main character looks like they put a list of every shounen protagonist traits in a computer and this is what it spat out.

Computer, could we add some 4d3d3d?

*Asta begins screaming*

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Dude this kid is a real prick.

e: Oh never mind, he's just a 50 year old cynical man who thinks he can't rise above his station in life trapped in a kid's body I guess

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Momomo posted:

So the main character literally cannot use magic in a world where everyone can, and everyone makes fun of him. Isn't that the equivalent of making fun of a special needs kid?

Well everyone shits on Naruto for being bad at ninja stuff and housing the demon that killed the village constantly.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Momomo posted:

None of these men are wearing proper desert attire. :colbert:

At least Joseph and Jotaro have hats to provide a tiny bit of sun protection...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Polygynous posted:

I mean it could be a stand or our heroes are morons lost in the desert losing their minds

It must be a horrifying experience to live in the Jojo world where coincidences just don't occur and anything weird is always some dick stand user

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
OH poo poo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
SON OF DA BEEEETCH

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
OHHH NOOOO

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Joseph has read the script of a normal episode and is shocked by how much this deviates from formula

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I remember a bunch of folks were guessing it was a stealth prequel for the new Hellboy focusing on the fishman in that

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Whoa I love this guy's stupid coat

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

excuse me, but wouldn't part of decommissioning and mothballing a warmech be disconnecting and disposing of the onboard nuke plant?

like, i'm pretty sure we didn't leave the nuclear reactor onboard the USS Enterprise when we scrapped her

If there's anything I've learned from watching Gundam series (and various other mech shows), all decommissioned mechs are just abandoned in completely random locations, and they're all super special prototypes that are more powerful than any other mechs being used in the field.

e: oh and they're all also left in a perfectly operational state

MonsterEnvy posted:

It pretty much was.
But as the dude says he will never reject anything offered to him. If some of the girls want a relationship he will not refuse, which is kind of lovely in it's own way. But most of the Turbine girls are not actually in a relationship with him.

Wait I could've sworn when they were introduced they pretty much said they were the harem crew

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Accountant lady and the mech repairman

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey it's this disturbing relationship

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh god please no

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Every time I think I can defend IBO it has to pull some poo poo like this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have a feeling at least one of these guys is gonna die really soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
New year, new thread