Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kinda feel like Babidi should have stuck around to give the arc some direction.

Once he stopped just freaking out he was a pretty entertaining villain.

Also Buu does not like waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Yeah, the thing about Frieza and Cell is they were natural showmen as well as superpowered bastards. Fat Buu is also really fun and unnerving to watch.

Super Buu is strong, but not very entertaining by himself. Good for the actual fights, but the in-between stuff really suffers for it.

Super Buu is still pretty unnerving however.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Piccolo taking the long way good plan.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I kind of like just how irritable Buu is. No villain was quite so easy to enrage and ready to flip out at any time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I do like the Giant Demon Skull.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In the Manga we can ignore the six months as Chapter 2 was the start of that exam.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

So I guess one consolation of starting on episode 3 of this is that I apparently haven't missed much. What does this episode line up with in the manga?

Not even chapter 2. The events of this episode are pure filler from what I know. We should already be at the Magic Knight exam.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Like, as bad a writer as Rowling is, she at least was able to write Dumbledore with nuance in his character.

Dime Store Greybeard here doesn't even have that going for him, it looks like.

This is his last episode he is not important.

Momomo posted:

I'm not even sure what to say about the rival boy. He... has messy hair.

As we see later. (If the Anime learns to speed up) He is a competitive dork. Who takes things more seriously then Asta.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What even is this anime?

At chapter 8 11 episodes in. Way way too slow paced for it's series which was praised for it's quick pacing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rudoku posted:

The only charming character until Rock Lee and Might Guy appeared was Kakashi. Shikamaru didn't become cool until the Chunin exams.

We meet the charming characters at like episode 5 and 6. Who despite the slow pacing are still charming and fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fit em all up in there posted:

4.BEAT MY RIVAL WHICH MEANS BECOME THE WIZARD KING

His Rival has the same motives minus marrying the Nun. (I think.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fit em all up in there posted:

All the potatoes you can eat

The Patatoes are also crap in this town too. This is like a horrible town in the middle of nowhere with nothing but poo poo in it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Despite the Title the Wizard King is not actually the King. Thats some other dude.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

Why does the guy that can control wind really need to walk all the way to this place?

Well he would leave his friend behind if did that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Might as well tell you Asta stops talking about being the Wizard King every other sentence after this episode. Next episode is also decently entertaining because it's actually following Manga material.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That Brian Drummond as Copy Vegeta is still great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

At least Joseph and Jotaro have hats to provide a tiny bit of sun protection...

Kakyoin is wearing a hood. Pol has a hold he just has not put it on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

Did a outake get into the dub?

Nope that was in the actual episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think this episode may have something to do with a Dragon or something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Jasley is an rear end in a top hat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Chad Jihad posted:

Haha, yeah, goodness of his heart

It pretty much was.
But as the dude says he will never reject anything offered to him. If some of the girls want a relationship he will not refuse, which is kind of lovely in it's own way. But most of the Turbine girls are not actually in a relationship with him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

If there's anything I've learned from watching Gundam series (and various other mech shows), all decommissioned mechs are just abandoned in completely random locations, and they're all super special prototypes that are more powerful than any other mechs being used in the field.

e: oh and they're all also left in a perfectly operational state

Wait I could've sworn when they were introduced they pretty much said they were the harem crew

Thats the official state largely for their protection. All are ether his daughters or wifes officially. But most don't have a relationship with him. Turbines is a very big shipping group with hundreds of members, all of them offically his wives. A few have never met him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Meribit and Nadi are dating.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Nobliss is a war profiting piece of poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ahh McGillis and his wife.

Whose Brother he murdered.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

OH GROSS, A PEDOPHILE. THANKS GUNDAM.

It's supposed to just be a political marriage. But McGillis makes it creepy anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

Every time I think I can defend IBO it has to pull some poo poo like this.

Being fair you are supposed to think McGillis is creepy. Lets not forget he murdered this girls brother and laughed about it to his face.

Argus Zant posted:

like, who the gently caress proposed this idea at the writer's meetings prior to production, and why the gently caress did nobody say "that's a terrible idea, go clean out your loving desk"

Your supposed to think it's wrong. At least they are not in an actual physical relationship. And when you find out more about McGillis you can get some of craziness.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chimera Ant Queen. The talking makes her creepier somehow.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Meet Kite's Friends they have strange names.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah these are their names.

Banana Kavaro
Spinner Clow
Monta Yuras
Stick Dinner
Lin Koshi
and
Podungo Lapoy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

This dude's design feels racist.

Girl.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

No, I'm talking about Lin.

Oh then kind of.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Now you know why they are called Chimera ants.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argus Zant posted:

What loving pregnancy? You're an ant; you lay eggs.

With the King it's live birth.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

This arc gets so hilariously dark all of a sudden, I have to wonder what the hell caused such a whiplash in tone

This was airing at Sunday Morning at this time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argus Zant posted:

it's extremely bad and wrong for a goddamn insect to have a human face

Thats the brand new Human DNA with some bird.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

Yeah but the manga was always Shounen Jump, wasn't it?

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

Iron Blooded Orphans places its standard viewpoint firmly with Tekkadan, and Tekkadan is a pretty hosed up little band of psychos. Even aside from their basic method of interaction with the world at large being murder, they're orphaned slaves and child soldiers who had to have the concept of funerals explained to them. Equally important, where most shows pick the relatively normal, sympathetic members of a group for the lead, Mikazuki's the most damaged of the lot.

A good comparison was with Takaki a few episodes ago. Who left Takkadan feeling they were going down too risky and aggressive a path, and when he did something that Mikazuki did (Executing someone who had hurt them) Takaki instead just felt guilt and remorse.

• Locked thread