Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The premiere of that Supermansion show is on right now just ended if anyone cares.

Argus Zant posted:

oh, and there's one more tiny detail that got left out of this: once One Punch Man finishes up its run in the 0300 rerun slot at the end of January, Toonami's gonna replace it with Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex.

It's a series loosely related to the famous 1995 movie, meaning that while it's still primarily about Maj. Kusanagi and Section 9, it's got its own continuity and isn't related to the movie outside of the basic concepts of the setting and characters. If you've never seen any form of GitS before, it's basically Deus Ex: The Anime: lots of stuff about transhumanism, corporate/government conspiracies, cybernetic technologies, and a whole lot of philosophical discussion about what it means to exist and be human in an age of robot bodies and artificial intelligence. The show is structured sorta like a police procedural, except instead of street cops busting drug dealers and homicide perps, it's about GSG9 taking out anti-augmentation terrorists and Russian organ-harvesting/smuggling rings.

I've seen the entireties of both GitS series at least 5 times now and they always end up losing me at some point. I get that they're great shows, but I've just never been able to get very enthused about them. 2nd Gig in particular is hard for me to follow; the boring philosophy lectures and convoluted politics are hard for me to sit through without falling asleep.

I guess I feel the same way about GitS that most of the rest of y'all feel about Gundam, although at least Gundam has cool fights sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I did not know Space Ghost was being played weeknights at 12:15.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh so that's how DBZ Kai ends.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Why is Goku a farmer?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

That cat is an rear end in a top hat

SATAN CITY

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Buu is... good now?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Aww, Mr. Satan owns. :3:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Master Roshi is a dirty old man. I love it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Aww, no more Dragon Soul? :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

"I just fired a hail of bullets in this bitch. Let's make out."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:stare:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hamon shotglass loving owns

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SPEEDWAGON, YAAAAAAY :neckbeard:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I have no idea what is going on in this show, and I'm having a hard time working up the energy to care.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

X Hunter (heh) dudes creep me out.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MonsterEnvy posted:

I love the scaring of Sadaso.

I love how they spend the entire episode making him out to be this totally bad dude and then Killua pulls that stunt and scares him so bad that he just no-shows for their fight.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Genocyber posted:

Since I know how much everyone here loves Akame ga Kill, I figured I'd bring it up here that the manga finally ended. It hit most of the beats of the anime's ending (though somehow being even edgier), with one big difference. Tatsumi (the dumb MC) doesn't end up dying. Instead this happens.

He becomes a dragon man.

So in other words, he never fucks Esdeath. Ending sucks.

Polygynous posted:

Perhaps more importantly, he scores.

But not with Esdeath, so it doesn't matter.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

that's... hunh.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SgtSteel91 posted:

It's surprisingly happy too. Like I was waiting for the pin to drop and get to the part where things went to poo poo again, like in the anime, but it ended on an upbeat ending.

It's not a happy ending unless Tatsumi hosed Esdeath. :colbert:

This is just... I mean it's fitting for the series, but it's not happy.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Condiv posted:

also, the first few episodes are actually the best parts of gundam unicorn

well gently caress

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

frank.club posted:

Please toonami air the sao movie

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

You know something is wrong with your life when you start identifying with Happy Time Harry.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Probably Magic posted:

My only comment for all this is Beerus is the best.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Umm, Whis... Goku didn't defeat Frieza. Frieza cut himself in half, got mechanized, and then got killed by Trunks.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Did Beerus just say something about the length of an average anime episode, or did I mishear that line?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How did an android have a baby?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Goku is an idiot.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I love this man.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Balls

lol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Holy poo poo that song

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Jojo with this Looney Tunes level trick.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I thought the ring was gonna go around his dick.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Argus Zant posted:

"We must stay focused on our true goal, and not become caught up in the heat of the moment."

I GET IT :haw:

Heat of the Moment is by a band called ASIA.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Argus Zant posted:

Oh hey, hearing Richard Epcar reminds me that GitS: SAC starts airing at 3 AM tonight

Which reminds me that I missed the last episode of One Punch Man last week. :smith:

Again. :smith:

After waiting for it for 13 weeks. :smith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This is the first time I've watched One Piece in months. What happened to Moria and his three stooges?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Somebody please make an avatar-size gif of Space Ghost eating chocolate ice cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

And yet he cancelled Metalocalypse.

• Locked thread