Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Halloween Jack posted:

Despite some peculiarities, World Wide Wrestling is the best game I've ever seen for really playing professional wrestlers. (You're not just playing Hulk Hogan, you're playing Terry Bollea playing Hulk Hogan.) I expect people who don't appreciate wrestling won't get into it, though.

Edit: Spirit of '77 seems like a successor to a little indie game I remember called The Hard Way.

I played World Wide Wrestling with a friend that never watched wrestling a while back. Now he goes to RAW tapings and is looking for local indie promotions now that he's moved to a bigger city. WWWRPG is the best game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

thelazyblank posted:

The only drawback of the game is that you probably want Creative to be a fan of wrestling, or at least the idea of wrestling. It's easy to sell what makes wrestling fun and cool, but it takes at least a little effort.

While I completely agree, I don't see how that's significantly different from any other RPG. I'd hate to play D&D with a GM who wasn't into fantasy adventure.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Do it! I would love to hear him do the morning announcements. Although as a game aid I would prefer each one as a separate file.

The big risk there is that I accidentally upload the file to the wrong place and people who listen to one of my podcasts get very confused.

The Sex Archie folks are probably used to confusion, though.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

LongDarkNight posted:

How is that CW show about sexy Archies?

Oh you mean this?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

I don't remember any non-metaphorical dragons in the Bible.

Beowulf had dungeons and dragons. Not sure about older stuff.

The Catholic Bible has one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bel_and_the_Dragon#The_dragon

• Locked thread