Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

I remember reading about an RPG with a sort of improvised spell list- you'd roll on a table of adjectives and a table of nouns and end up with stuff like "Blistering Shield" and "Nebulous Cone." Does anyone know the game I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Which ones were you interested in? I have the Bestiary Box, NPC Codex, and Monster Codex. I could post pictures later tonight.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

I've been thinking that Shadow of the Demon Lord would be a pretty good starting point for an M:TG hack. Its magic traditions look like they line up pretty cleanly along M:TG'S colors, for one thing.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

hyphz posted:

Ok, so this is a tricky and probably unreasonable one. Is there any game that isn't D&D that has support for a novice GM in a D&D type group? Something along the lines of one of the 5e campaign books. One of our group members has asked to GM and the group are kind of by default saying he should do 5e because it's easy to get campaign prefabs for it and easy to run. While I agree with that, I think a lot of people in the group - myself included - are a bit bored of 5e and its limited options, and I don't know if he'll have trouble as a result. So are there ary other things I could suggest that wouldn't be intimidating and have a similar thing? I did think of 13A and EotSF but we've tried 13th Age before and people didn't like it.

Shadow of the Demon Lord is very similar to 5e and has a ton of terrific starter adventures to help a novice GM get things going. Tales of the Demon Lord has a dozen or so short, well-written adventures that can be run together as a campaign or as one-offs. Dark Deeds in Last Hope is also very straightforward.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Splicer posted:

EotE with a bunch of generic or genre classes + a more WFRP3 style wound system will do me fine

Hell, I'll kludge the last bit together myself if needed.

Same, the EOTE dice mechanics are great, even if the rest of the system needs some work. Hopefully they take this as an opportunity to tune that stuff up. We'll almost definitely get an Android: Netrunner sourcebook at some point too.

• Locked thread