Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Regarding wrestle-fighters, my old 3.x group had a ranger whose main thing was charging people, grabbing them and snapping their spines. Basically spears for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Marlon Wayans is really good in Requiem For A Dream. I will give him that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

thefakenews posted:

Now I'm thinking about ways to hack the Fate Core version of Bulldogs! to do this. Bulldogs! conditions seem kinda perfect, just need to add a sanity mechanic. Fate Freeport or Fate Achtung Cthulhu should provide something useful.

Bulldogs! kinda frustrates me since they spend all of one page talking about creating adventures and it's mostly "use aspects." I'm increasingly convinced all games should have, if not a sample adventure, a clear outline/picture of what a "typical adventure" is. Atomic Robo is also Fate and it had much better ways of giving the GM ideas.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

Like on the one hand I love The Warriors and a game where you play a goofy New York street gang fighting other bizarre 70s New York street gangs for survival sounds pretty cool. But at the same time there's just no way to make it work without it being totally ignorant.

I've been toying around with doing something that would basically just be Saints Row: The TRPG. Make everything as insanely over the top as possible, you're shooting bazookas at rival drug farms and battling gangs of masked wrestlers and wannabe Draculas, etc.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

ProfessorCirno posted:

At this point you're basically playing Shadowrun.

Yeah but that's tied to a specific setting and the rules have their own focus (not to mention that the game becomes about running jobs for megacorps instead of taking over the city.)

Like I'd want a light system but one that has a solid structure for taking/holding territory from other gangs and getting money and assets from that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Siivola posted:

I think Blizz has to challenge the use of their assets, because otherwise they risk forfeiting them.

Only if they're trademarks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Still a little nervous about running my 4e Roll20 game tomorrow night but dang if setting stuff up isn't fun. Like I did all the encounter budgeting ages ago but actually making the maps and placing tokens is, well, nice.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Falstaff posted:

Paranoia can also be a lot of fun played completely straight, a la THX 1138. Takes the right group, though.

I find the "straight" style still has some humor, it's just closer to Brazil or Catch-22.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Lord posted:

All kinds of gaming suggestions are fine, I'll take a look at Sig. Right now it's mostly putting feelers out with friends. One guy says he likes the idea of Planescape but finds the Lady of Pain to be too close to an "unkillable DM pet NPC" for his liking so I thought I'd cook up something that only involves Sigil tangentially, or demonstrates the aspects of the city that have nothing to do with her. I'm even thinking of turning her into an urban legend that is the explanation for the disappearance of troublemakers, and why gods can't just gank Sigil that may or may not exist instead of a for sure existing being. Like, the establishment factions still use her as an excuse, people are still scared, there's lots of graffiti of her, the Dabus are still around and messing with them is a bad idea, etc.

That shouldn't be too hard. The Lady of Pain is not really a character or even a plot device so much as just a symbol of the weirdness of Sigil. Nobody can interact with her without dying horribly anyway so if she doesn't show up, nothing really changes.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Cronenberg Industries, or is that too obvious?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Tag yourself, I'm Heat on Farm

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
For anyone looking for inspiration for Blades in the Dark, the Guy Ritchie King Arthur movie may actually be a pretty good fit. It basically turns into a medieval heist picture pretty early on.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

Like, Italian Job heist picture, or Snatch heist picture?

It's very much a Guy Ritchie movie, so the latter.

It's a bit overlong and inconsistent but I couldn't help but be charmed by how weird it is. It's a King Arthur movie with a character referred to as Kung Fu George.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh God Yes, a proper Fantasy Heartbreaker with no self awareness in the year 2017.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
AFMBE has always been a consistent seller for Eden so they put out a lot of supplements. Fortunately they've gotten pretty creative with it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
On RPG.Net I can't even find a thread about the Ennie winners. It's not a representative sample, but I really wonder how many people are paying attention.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

DC has a balancing issue where if you aren't at PL on attack/defense/damage/toughness score anybody who is has a severe advantage over you because of the way the math works out. It's a simple fix (just make it so everybody has their saves and attacks at PL) but it's frustrating that this is stated literally nowhere in the book. It's a 5% difference per point and that adds up quickly, especially when having your numbers at PL is only a 50% chance. The charts in the back of the book kind of spell this out, but not in a very intuitive way. It annoys me.

The problem I have with M&M is while it's pretty decently balanced on the player side, the GM is just sorta left on their own to decide what a good level would be for a villain or what a combat encounter should look like. Granted the non-lethality of the game does mean you can accidentally overwhelm the players and that's okay, the heroes got beat, it happens sometimes in comics, but it's hard to know where to even start. I've been spoiled by 4e's encounter building tools and anything that doesn't offer a similar level of GM support just looks skimpy nowadays.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

I have no problem with someone liking it, I just don't understand why

It's very densely packed, is the thing. You can't walk three steps without tripping over a set of warring kingdoms or an abandoned elf city. It's basically "if you don't know what to do for a campaign, stick a pin in the map".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I know that's some stupid naming tradition thing but can we just watch Tara Strong save a fox instead?

• Locked thread