Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nah man do you have any idea what dragon spunk is worth as a material component?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That Time My Players Snuck Into A Dragon's Den To Jack Him Off In His Sleep

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I love how in here we talk about OotS' art and layout while in the BSS thread it's top to bottom HAHA ALIGNMENT YOU GUYS.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"from the 70s to today" but it threw me off at first too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dirk Gently had some good individual scenes and characters but I disagree in the strongest possible terms that it was fantastic.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

that's a big if

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think that's the entirety of the problem and kinda hard to ignore. Like, it's nominally an adaptation of Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently, I don't think you'd be wrong to expect something similar in tone to Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently books under any definition of an adaptation.

Okay, that's not the entirety of the problem. There's also the fact that it feels like a third rate Doctor Who knockoff, that it's obnoxiously tailored to the Quirky Detective focus group, and that, left to his own devices and in face of the fact that generations of writers had to fight that exact thing, Max Landis wrote an ending that feels in every way like it was forced into the show by the studio as a sequel hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Man Perdido Street Station is great but could not possibly be further from classic sword and sorcery

• Locked thread