Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Serf posted:

Unsubtle but very necessary.

Much like Watto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/icp/status/819296817401778176

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Juggalos are legit cool as hell if only a bit goofy and 90% of the hate against them is because they are lower class.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rkajdi posted:

What's it like to be this wrong about everything? People hate on anyone with the taste to base their life around a lower-talent version of Eminem crossed with KISS, regardless of social class.

EDIT: And of course you also have a rap sheet a mile long for slurring minorities, so you're obviously the person to point out who the actually deserving people are.

Woop woop.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

"Whoops I got stuck in this fantasy world!" became such a prolific and garbage idea across light novels that it was literally banned from writing competitions in Japan

I'll make the Isekai Genre TRPG for the february contest and its gimmick is that the PCs are openly aware of the game mechanics and have carte blanche to massively cheese it. There will be also a randomized race for chargen that goes from Big Spider to Goblin and nonhuman Races will evolve with their levels.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I posted this a page before you! Disappear!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Male Elf M.elf

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You don't need LARPing as an excuse to get upper class to middle class people to set the homeless on fire

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've been toying around with doing something that would basically just be Saints Row: The TRPG. Make everything as insanely over the top as possible, you're shooting bazookas at rival drug farms and battling gangs of masked wrestlers and wannabe Draculas, etc.

Ominous Jazz posted:

What if you made it like every goons favorite movie, The Raid: Redemption (or Dredd)? You start your hunt for one particular baddie, they put a big bounty on you and your crew, then suddenly a bunch of rudeboys are coming for you because it might be there one chance to get out of this hellhole. You don't gotta make it a murder romp.
edit: I changed some words around

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Just give Obsidian the loving Ars Magica IP. Or if its not WW whoever holds it now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

At this point the only two companies I can trust to make a decent WRPG are Obsidian and CDPR so if it's not either of them the game's gonna be a huge turd.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Harambe's grandma died. Show some respect

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

If only the developers of Borderlands 2 were as diligent.

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/821140723135352832

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Paladins isn't lovely, you move around really fast like an old school shooter and ultimates don't actually feel like buttons you press to instantly win a team fight. It's actually a really good game.

It's still a Hero Shooter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

My only problems with hero shooters is that they aren't team fortress 2 and my only problem with team fortress 2 is that it's a bad game now

It's been bad since 2012

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I need recommendations for two-player board games (or games that work well with two players) that don't take up a ton of space.

A small checker board

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Western visual novel? Hard pass.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Stop posting online and go get therapy

Most American goons are middle class naturalized or natural born citizens, the only way people's life there would go worse than the normal hell existence on late capitalist USA in the next 4 years is if Pence passes a Gay holocaust law, a war with China starts and conscription follows or something as drastic happens.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I don't want to sound callous or anything but as a citizen from a third world country that had a loving coup last year and whose economy, social order and welfare is disintegrating increasingly fast ever since, I'm playing a mollecular violin to US liberals who think they are in a lovely situation.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

I think the main problem with Dark Elves is the skin thing, it's not even realistic. Cave dwelling organisms frequently become albinos because producing melanin is actually a disadvantage when there's no sunlight (it wastes resources).

ARB covered the things wrong with the cultural depictions, but making them dark skinned isn't even fantasy racism, it's just straight up racism.

Even if they're pinkish-white and you fixed their culture you could still call them Dark Elves, I mean Forest Elves aren't usually forest colored. For every other instance of Elf subrace it's culture and habitat that define them, not skin color (although they do have skin color variations).

Weird albino elves aren't sexy at all. Frick off.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

You're just not trying hard enough.

I'm being sincere here for weeks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

No sorry, I meant that with sufficient effort you can find anything sexy. It's like exercising, you've gotta put in the effort to see the dividends.

With sufficent effort you can make your body hotter. Yet you cannot outheat fire, lest the Sun itself!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Please stop, Bedlamdan.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sigh.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

It's one of those /tg systems that desperately wants to meticulously copy every aspect of the subject material without any regard for the difference in mediums. Basically, every system and subsystem is a bloated mess. See also Pokemon Freedom Unite or whatever they call it now.

Pokemon Tabletop United is pretty good! I play a game of it every monday with some of the devs!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

Am I crazy or didn't you help write it?

I made a homebrew on its predecessor, Pokemon Tabletop Adventures and some of it was reused on PTU's main game, just that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

It's ok, but it's super dense and messy.

Well, it's a work in progress. 1.06 (Sun/Moon update) is coming soon.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rockopolis posted:

Cool! How was the first edition?
Is it possible to play as Shaolin Buddhist Herakles?

Wasn't this the story where it's like, Buddhist missionaries don't just convert people, they convert the people's dieties as well?

There were local demons and dieties that were converted by Sanzhang yes. And IRL there is a massive amount syncretism on several Buddhist communities in which for example the Herakles of Bactria was turned into a diety that protects the Buddha and his iconography inspired the fierce Nioh statues of Japan.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Is this a good place to ask which are the good animes? I'm a WoD nerd, so I tried to get back into anime through Tokyo Ghoul, but it seems like it totally abandons its premise about halfway through in favour of "Whose tentacles are the strongest?" I'm also slowly reading the manga, but haven't caught up to where I am in the show, so I don't know if it goes off the rails similarly.

Parasyte is great so far, except for the lovely metal.

I heard that Kill la Kill and that Yo La Tengo Toppin' Gurrin' Laggin' thing that I can never spell have actual artistic value.

Watch Hellsing Ultimate, Drifters, LOGH and Haruhi. Read One Piece, Toriko and Baki the Grappler.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yawgmoth posted:

Evangelion is better described as "what if a guy tried to write a kaiju-of-the-week show using his high school psychology course as the basis for all the characters, and the plot twist is that he got a D in the class?"

The soundtrack is pretty amazing but that's the best thing I can say about it.

This is the worst opinion I've ever read in this website.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I dunno, I think that one guy in Games who hates Fallout New Vegas because he went north from Goodsprings despite numerous NPCs telling him not to do it is worse.

Murder. Kill. Destroy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I think you mean Log Horizon. :ssh:

OVERLORD

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Watch Overlord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxICJHd518

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I dropped Elfen Lied after 15 mins. A feat only matched by Lucky Star.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheSoundNinja posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season Zero is a fun viewing: the "Duel Monsters" card game hadn't been introduced, so the series involved Yugi transforming and challenging various criminals and douchebags to different games of skill and chance. The catch? If they lose they get sent to the Shadow Realm loving DIE.

Plus, the series introduced Bakura (and his dark side) through an RPG arc where learning to throw dice so they'll always end up on the number you want is a major factor in the good guys winning.

For a beautiful art piece that'll make you cry in awe, I'd recommend Macross: Do You Remember Love? Totally hand drawn (as it's from the 1980s), I watched it thinking it was overhyped. I was wrong, it was beautiful, and needs to be released on DVD or BD at some point.

And for the contest proper, have you considered "Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy"?

EDIT: It would help if I got the title right...

Kinnikuman Nisei kicks rear end even with the lovely 4kids changes. It also made me read the original manga years later.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doodmons posted:

Well that's 2 things to put on my 'never watch' list

Grave of the Fireflies is a masterpiece but it and Come and See were the only movies that made me actually cry and feel queasy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

Well fighters must adhere to realism and it's clearly not realistic because you don't see anyone on Game of Thrones tying swords to their wrists!

That's because it was the Japanese Samurai who did it. Where do you think Nintendo got the Wiimote wrist cord idea from?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.peta.org.uk/blog/peta-warhammer-fur-free/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Go play Doom 2 and its many mods.

I made a nice Doom WAD a few years ago and I keep working on it. You may know it as Brutal Doom and you should download it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

You're not nearly enough of an rear end in a top hat to be the Brutal Doom guy.

Please don't talk poo poo about SgtMarkIV, one of the greatest Brazilians of all time alongside Josef Mengele and that general of the Paraguay war that slashed pregnant women wide open with his cavalry saber for fun.

• Locked thread