Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Malicious Djinn smiles as he didn't specify which star wars at the point theres five times as much bad movies than good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdaZZanDI34&t=22s

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Watched it. Landis was right, this was his Star Wars. Indeed it's as good as the Last Jedi and Revenge of the Sith.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*being smart

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Villainous campaign idea: modern fantasy SWAT game.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That was Smith adlibbing lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Harry Potter is barely modern day due to the wizard apartheid

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Bright is garbage made by garbage people please stop watching it.

I changed my mind, it's good now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Terrible Opinions posted:

The thread of prophecy was severed when Thomas-Alexandre Dumas was captured in Naples and thus failed to prevent Napoleon from becoming emperor. We must now suffer and die in a doomed universe.

*When Churchill and Stalin wimped out after defeating Germany instead of immediately attacking each other

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

Dredd is getting a TV show soon :toot:

Hell yeah Karl Urban still starring

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Star Man posted:

My FLGS owner might be the dumbest mother fucker on the planet. I have no idea how this mother fucker's been in business still after four years.

It's likely that it's because his customers are dumber mother fuckers than him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I just found out the dude who directed Bone Tomahawk and Brawl on Cell Block 99 is a board gamer who loves getter robo due to his amazon reviews and now I want a board game about ripping off peoples face offs in prison

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mr.Misfit posted:

They do, but that´s mostly because trpg-nerds are bad at bows. And also because we have totally distorted images of archers. It´s not like the people being best at bowyering were lanky mofos, but the buff military people who could pull back an 80-pound-bow to survive the storm of frenchman in mail and plate running at them at 300 paces distance.

Yeah I read Bernard Cornwell books too

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I don't really care about the realism of archery (though it is cool) I just want to be an acrobatic flippy arrow shooty guy

Play FFD6 where Rangers have an ability that lets them shoot every enemy at the same time or do four attacks that deal half damage in one turn or Exalted where you can shoot an arrow on the sky and have it fall as a giant fireball of death the next turn

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Composite Bows yeah

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The real tragedy is that while there is actually a lot of systems that let you be a cool longbowman or even a crossbowman on foot there are few ones that let you be the true terror of the battlefield: The Steppe Horse Archer

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Couldn't a point feat system work if it was made like in uhh a lot of videogames that let you customize the poo poo out of your characters AND have point costs to buy crap?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Furyan and they look like normal humans but have enhanced strength and senses... Perhaps a reason why they were feared by the Necromonger Empire...!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

God help me I'm gonna try and steal make a fate/stay night nobilis game

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm sure God would, but God never could figure how those rules work.

Then, curse him, the devil will!

hyphz posted:

One of the things I dislike about Strike is that players end up arguing that they should just roll before deciding what skill they use, or if an action is in their skill’s remit, because 2/3rds of the time it won’t matter.

I brought up skills ten times total in the 20+ session campaign I gmed so that problem was circumvented :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hyphz posted:

I sometimes wonder about what an RPG system would be like where you defined your character by weaknesses, not strengths. That way you’d be forced to consider what challenges you wanted to play right at chargen.

“Ok, roll your Weakness, Clumsiness, Frailty, Stupidity, Naivite and Awkwardness in order...”

PDQ has flaws

• Locked thread