Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
  • Try to get more playtesting done on my mecha game, and an actual draft someone else can theoretically use.
  • Play more Malifaux, and paint more Malifaux.
  • Run that Kung Fu Cyborgs hack of Fate
  • FINISH that Kung Fu Cyborgs hack of Fate
  • Actually use my membership to the cool local Game Cafe more
  • Hell, maybe get an avatar. Gettin' tired of the ol' baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Going to MAGfest this upcoming week, so video games! Looks like it's going to have a less impressive guest list this year, I don't know why they decided to hold it on the first week of the year, speaking of terrible decisions convention organizers can make I never would have predicted...
It's actually MAGfest's traditional time of year. last two years were big ol' aberrations. I'm also going; really hoping to catch the Protomen on Thursday and Makeup and Vanity Set on saturday, between binging on videogames.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Ominous Jazz posted:

Jojo is the best super hero comic, period.

Panic at the Dojo, Monster Hearts, Breakfast Cult, those are all anime rear end games, right?

edit: VVVV stuck in the 90s describes a whole lot of the overlap of anime fans and trad games fans

Speaking of Panic at the Dojo...anyone heard any updates from Gnome since mid December?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

That Old Tree posted:

It's very good. During the first few pre-release versions, I felt like it was suffering feature creep and kind of lost interest. The final version turned out great. It's got very cool, solid rules specifically for playing heists, which is the bulk of what the game wants you to do with it. The opening scene and flashback mechanics are interesting things that people might want to check out even if you're not interested in heist games.

Have the hard copies been sent out yet?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Evil Mastermind posted:

That's my favorite adventure in the book for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that it's based on something that happened in real life with a very similar outcome.

Can you fill us in on both the adventure and its inspiration?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh, wait, it was those guys? I'd forgotten all about that "contest".

At least this probably means they won't contest the name.

Should Fun Facts about that mess go in here, the industry thread, or left buried in obscurity?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

How about the player chooses what to attack and rolls damage?

Into the Odd does that, as I recall, and it seems to work pretty well there.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I'm a big Godbound fan and haaaaaaaard pass.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

mango sentinel posted:

100% real and unironic. Here's a splatbook.

I'm the cat

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Entoloma posted:

Yeah... took a look at that. Sheer creepiness aside set out by that article, I don't understand why it would be getting an award given the derivative nature.

Grindhouse exploitation Wonka is an untapped market?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
No, because the direct voting isn't based on a wide-based membership vote; it's by a panel of judges.

I guess a lot of people liked the concept, either despite or because of it's, uh, Magical Realm?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I'm a huge goddamn Crawford fan, but that's one product I just won't buy. On a personal level, I wouldn't be comfortable running it, and I think Antivehicular sums up lot of its problems on a conceptual level as well. I think that even in elfgames there may be space to seriously deal with those sort of topics, but I don't really feel that Godbound is a particularly good place to do it.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

gradenko_2000 posted:

The shot-clock combat (AFAIK adapted from Aces and Eights) is definitely one of the high-points of HackMaster 5e.

How'd it work?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Tasoth posted:

EN World's proprietary RPG engine?

Tasoth posted:

really overcomplicated 3.x?

So, I don't have any first hand knowledge but these two things seem very closely related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

S.J. posted:

is max landis the guy that made that kinda funny death of superman video

Yes. He peaked early.

• Locked thread